constipation!!

MrsS2b

hey guys,

just looking for some advice about constipation, i have been on atkins for 12 days now and first week i lost 7.5lb which was great however it looks like ive put weight back on, its only a pound. I assume tho this is because i have been to the toliet 1 time in 12 days, yes 1 time!! i have taken senekot extra and those made me do the toliet ok altho i got severe tummy pains. So i looked online and seen the Psyllium Husks were a good option so i bought them on thursday been taking 6 per day with correct amount of water and ive still not went yet. Also i took another senekot and still havent been. Ive never been someone whos regular however ive never went this far without going! TMI i know so sorry lol. Any one else in this boat or been in this boat? Ive alot of weight to lose so i was going to stick to the inducation for a while coz i do think its a good diet, im happy with what im eating. I seem to have controlled my sweet tooth! And its made me look at food in a new light and im not miserable. So really want to stick to it. Do you think if i had still 20g carb per day but also add in some all bran which ive looked up is 25g so that would be 45g per day. Anyone had to do this?

sorry for so many questions im just desperate to go just now.:8855:

thanks guys :)

Have a mim. The flax seed is full of fibre. I've also heard milk thistle is excellent.

a mim every now and then made with flax works for me, but i do only go every 2/3 days on this diet, never any tummy pains though :D

I do't seem to have a problem, mainly I suspect because of the amount of roughage from the greens, I find spinach is excellent, I also have a small teaspoon of flax meal most days

I have a mim every day and it does not work for me at all :-( not blaming the diet though, it is a lifelong problem for me and I try all sorts of things but nothing really works except dulcolax.
Bren xx

I do usually over 5 litres a day Stephen, any more than that and I would not have time for anything else!

I have a mim every day and it does not work for me at all :-( not blaming the diet though, it is a lifelong problem for me and I try all sorts of things but nothing really works except dulcolax.
Bren xx

i end up buying some dulcolax and they worked well. Also bought some fybergel...so ill be taking those in future. Thanks.. water doesnt seem to help me either. :(

I take flaxseed oil supplement (in addition to multi vit and fish oil) and drink alot of water -- but to echo JIM, you need to have leafy greens -- the raw the better.

Back