CONSTIPATION

Bernice

Silver Member
Hi again all,

I know that we are told as long as we take our fibre clear and drink plenty of water we should not get constipated. However, I have been and I asked my pharmasist if there was a laxative I could take and she said no!!! Because I was so uncomfortable I went to another chemist and bought a laxative in a supossitory form and it has worked like a dream. Obviously this will not have any effect on the diet as it is not taken orally. Just thought I would share in case anyone else has the same problem.

Bernice I know people here take senna and dulcolax with the blessing of their pharmacists! Maybe yours just wasn't sure and so said no to everything?

Hi hun, i'm experiencing the big C just now and its not going to improve whilst im on these painkillers for my back. What did you get? Been having 2 spoons of fibreclear a day since tues but not working.

Hi waterworks I'm sure you are right as my regular pharmacist way away but I must say these suppositories although more fiddly to administer worked almost instantly.

size10bikini - they are called glycerin suppositories.

Hope they work for you!!!

Good luck.

I also am having problems in that department and have on been for a no.2 twice since I started on the plan.

Would I be able to find them in Boots or Superdrug?

Constipation is really the nasty side effect of TFR. Keep up your water intake to between three and four litres of water a day and take your fibre every day.
Senna, dulcolax, dulcoease etc are all o.k. to take. Take them when you know you will be at home as you may eed a few trips to the bathroom in a hurry!!! Some people take these every weekend just to keep themselves clear!

Dulcolax is my best friend! I usually take it once or twice a week, and it works brilliantly. I use the fibreclear as well, which makes going easier, but it doesn't make me go regularly.
I find if I take dulcolax mid afternoon, its all out of my system before bedtime. Any later than that, and I'm up all night! And only take one if you've never used it before, it works!!

i have IBS and im usually in and out of the loo every half hour! well this constipation thing is a change have to say it was super painful not loving it! but day 3 so im a happy girl

i have IBS and im usually in and out of the loo every half hour! well this constipation thing is a change have to say it was super painful not loving it! but day 3 so im a happy girl
I too had a bit of IBS. Since quitting LT and going on to GL and staying wheat free (almost) I have no problems with IBS. Doc reckons now I may have been wheat intolerant as opposed to allergic.
Whatever it is, I am much healthier now than ever:D
Bear it in mind for when you finish, reintroduce food groups slowly and if IBS returns you will have found your trigger.

hi yes im on day 5 and had trouble yesterday was wandering if senokot ok to take as have just run out of fibreclear not that i noticed a difference lol

Back