Consultant Support

HI

This is my first post on here and I am wondering how much support if any you get from your SW consultant?

This is week 5 for me and so far i have not had a phone call or note from mine, I have done SW before and you at least always got a phonecall in your first week, it feels like she is happy to take my £4.95 a week but gives nothing back. Image therapy consists of going round the room saying how much you have lost this week/in total but not that much in the way of ideas, will you be ok this week? Another lady who joined the same night as me is very disheartened with SW, paying £4.95 to get on a set of scales. It appears from talking to another friend who goes to a different group that she too has had no contact from her consultant even though she struggled and has now stopped going - is this the way SW now do things? Luckily for me i have lost weight each week 9lb in 4 weeks because i am determined to lose weight, however i am struggling this week, i want to eat anything that i shouldn't and am constantly thinking of food, my will power will only last so long - lol. Any suggestions that will help?

Thanks for listening x

Hi and welcome to Minimins, we have a great SW section here and to be honest youd probably be better posting your query there youll get some great replies, and support

I have moved this to the SW section.

My leader is so supportive and always ready to help anyone day or night.

Irene xx

Well done on losing 9lb in 4 weeks:happy096:

I got a phone call the first week which I gather is the norm and she has told me to contact her if I need help with anything.

The Image Therapy sounds very much the same as yours...

I'm new to this so not sure what to expect.

Well to be honest my C is really good, she sends little funny cartoons about weight loss etc in the post and if you miss a week she calls to check if your ok etc - stick with it hun, even if your not getiing as much help as you'd like your obviously doing it right!

If you think that,s bad a friend of mine has just changed groups because her C told the group that it was only 3 bananas a week, 10 grapes a day and 'we don't do EE here it's far too complicated'!!!
My group sounds the same as yours, I.T is just going round the groups losses and a quick is everything ok, not much for the cost but i'm there for the discipline of standing on those scales....hang in there it's so worth it x

I do it alone but use the online service and help here. I find it better than class but everyone has their own way.

im in my 4th week so far, but i never had a call my first week and my group sounds similar to yours (my mom said hers is the same, we go to different groups)
my C is always available if we want to contact him, and he said he does sounds out the odd text now and again, but havent had any so far, other then when i text him with a query in the first week.

well done with your weight loss so far :)

Well done on your losses so far!!
All groups are different, in my experience over the last four months, it is a combination of the people in the group and the consultant that makes it work!
I did get a text from my C in the first week, but after that, pretty much on my own (although I do know that those who are finding it difficult get more support).
Our C has recently set up a Facebook group and that has made a huge difference - lots of people contacting each other and posting ideas etc.
Perhaps you could suggest that to your C and group??
Image therapy is about talking about losses/gains and ideas - I thought that it would be more than that when I first started, but now I am used to it and have grown to enjoy listening to tips as well as offering advice to those who are a little stuck.

Take some time to get to know some people in your group - you may find that it gets a little easier.

Keep up the great work!!!

HI

This is my first post on here and I am wondering how much support if any you get from your SW consultant?

This is week 5 for me and so far i have not had a phone call or note from mine, I have done SW before and you at least always got a phonecall in your first week, it feels like she is happy to take my £4.95 a week but gives nothing back. Image therapy consists of going round the room saying how much you have lost this week/in total but not that much in the way of ideas, will you be ok this week? Another lady who joined the same night as me is very disheartened with SW, paying £4.95 to get on a set of scales. It appears from talking to another friend who goes to a different group that she too has had no contact from her consultant even though she struggled and has now stopped going - is this the way SW now do things? Luckily for me i have lost weight each week 9lb in 4 weeks because i am determined to lose weight, however i am struggling this week, i want to eat anything that i shouldn't and am constantly thinking of food, my will power will only last so long - lol. Any suggestions that will help?

Thanks for listening x

I haven't had a phone call, note or card in 3 years and to be honest I've never bothered about it.
I know that she is there for a text or call if I need her and I get all I need during the week.
Would a card stop me eating rubbish - No. Would a card make me stick to plan if I didn't want to - No.

Image therapy is going round the group reading out weight losses etc etc and asking how the next week will be. If you want support tell the consultant you are struggling during your time in the spotlight, or ring or text her outside of group.

I think maybe you expect too much! That said, you must be doing something right to lose 9lb in 4 weeks so well done :)

Jaylou summed up perfectly what I was going to say! xxx

Jaylou has got it right. I didn't have contact with my consultant (outside of group) for months - but i didn't need it. I had the confidence that the consultant was there for me if/when I needed it. And i have needed it.

I pay my £4.95 a week to get on the scales and the group support of IT and for that extra support when I need it. The consultants are available almost 24/7 to help motivate/inspire us when we have difficulties.

But as well as them - look to develop "lifelines" elsewhere - from within your group, forums like here, facebook, anywhere where other SW members congregate. Consultants dont have a magic answer for every situation - but between all the members in places like here - someone would have been through something similiar and able to help.

I was a little surprised not getting a phone call in my first week, I was expecting it but I knew I could phone her if needed but didn't feel the need. It took me a few weeks to warm to my C but that's me rather than her probably. She emailed me yesterday, just when I needed it the most and it was fantastic. I wasn't expecting it but she some how knew! I think it must be hard for C's, if they ring everyone weekly they'd never have time for their lives and personally I wouldn't like it, would feel I was being checked up on but I do understand that some would like that. If you feel you need a little more support why not ask her to give you a ring midweek? I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind you asking and is perhaps waiting to see if you're the sort of person who would welcome it.:)

Well done on your great loss so far :)
I'm lucky my consultant is great, very easy to talk to and not at all patronising etc
She emails, text's and tonight she phoned me ( well i phoned her as she text asking me to call ) and spent 15 mins helping me.
They all differ, theres some great ones and some def not so great but your losses are clearly showing your getting the info need to succeed.
Have a great week
x

I've never had a call or text from mine. Last night at group she was telling a woman who was going on holiday to Vienna to try all the lovely cakes!!

Mine is very good. The day after I joined, she sent me a welcome email. We are friends on Facebook, and she's also set up our own online Facebook group just for her Monday night slimmers. We all get to chat to each other on there, give each other tips of specials in the supermarkets, answer any questions and support each other.

I think it's quite sad that some of you don't have this, I class my Consultant as a friend, not just someone who weighs me

my counsultant is fab. In my first week i got two texts and a phone call, and every week the same for the first four weeks. Since then, she doesnt phone but makes it clear that she is available to us anytime at all. And she does always make time to speak to people in the class, Image therapy sounds much the same, discussn weight loss etc but she also has a recipe section where we all have to name a meal that we cooked and really enjoyed etc, it works well, and she is great. But i did sw years ago and that other consultant was nothing like this, in fact, i dont think she ever even spoke to me! Your doing really well though so stick with it and just keep coming on here, its fabXX

Thanks for your comments. I know every consultant is different.

Having been a consultant myself with SW years ago I always made the calls to the new members during their first week, a two minute call was sometimes enough and seriously isn't it about "customer care" and when completing my returns i used to see who could do with some extra support so i would send a note to remind them i was thinking of them, support card etc and and congratulate those who got awards - yes you get that in IT but I wanted to remind them, who knows whether they were having a good week and that note reminds them how well they are doing. My class appreciated it and we used to have comments like - "how did you know I wasn't having a good week, the card came at the right time, thank you taking time to think about me" I know its not for everyone but everyone likes to receive mail?

I think we have to agree to disagree on this subject.

Back