contraceptive implant

z.gorgeous

has anybody has this before?

just wondering if anybody has had the same problems as me and if so what did they do, Im just about ready to go to the doctors and get it taken out!

Ive had the implant since November 2011 and since then Ive been getting about two or three periods a month, my hormones have been all over the place and I have been moodier than ever, lashing out over the smallest things etc. as you can understand the OH is getting fed up about it,

I just don't know what to do to be my normal self again:(

I feel like a horrible person

has anybody has this before?

just wondering if anybody has had the same problems as me and if so what did they do, Im just about ready to go to the doctors and get it taken out!

Ive had the implant since November 2011 and since then Ive been getting about two or three periods a month, my hormones have been all over the place and I have been moodier than ever, lashing out over the smallest things etc. as you can understand the OH is getting fed up about it,

I just don't know what to do to be my normal self again:(

I feel like a horrible person

I've got it in, this is the second time I've had it in.
First one I had taken out due to wanting a baby and this one has been for almost 3 years years.
There's loads of side effects and some ppl get some and others don't.
I never had a period for the first year then I was regular for a few months but now it's unpredictable. Last month I had the first one in 3months.
I would go to your doctor and see what they think, for me I'm fine with it and I'm going to get it replaced when I need this one out.
Although I was thinking of getting it replaced early as I have the implanon which they no longer use.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've got implanon too and it's great for me - no periods at all and no other side effects. However, it is different for everyone and if you're getting these side effects it's worth talking to your doctor about alternative methods. The only thing I don't like about it is getting it put in / taken out and the bruising lol! But that's only once every 3 years!

what's the scarring like when its removed? Im scared now haha, wasn't happy about it get in x x

It's fine. I've got the tiniest little scar where my last one was taken out. You'd only notice it if I pointed it out and it's in a hidden place anyway which is why they insert them there. After the bruising goes down it's hardly noticeable.

Ive got a scar from where I had it put in, is it bigger than that?x x

I had one in for a year and had no problems other than quite hormonal. If you go to the doctor I think they. Can put you in the pill at the same time to regulate the bleeding

My first one was great for 18 months then I started having periods all the time, I took the pill along side it but nothing worked and I had it out after 2 years.

Had another one 4 months ago and It's been hell!! Only wanted it till September anyway but having it out next month thank god.

I know they've changed the brand recently but I've never known it be this bad before!!

I'm on my... Third? Fourth? One of these. And I've been very lucky so far but this one has been a nightmare! I gained about 2 stone after having it put in. I get very bad PMS which I never had before. Nightmare!

I've had mine a year and a half and only had one period when I did Atkins earlier in the year. Was told when I got it put in that if I had any irregular bleeding to go back and they'd give me some pills to even me out xx

I had this a few years back. Had it in for just over 2years, bled continuously for about a year and would get period symptoms ie sore boobs and PMS but would never go away just continued getting worse. Finally had enough and had it taken out. Had the pill for a year came off and fell pregnant. After DD was born i had the depo provera injection and have never looked back.

i am on my second one now and *touch wood* and all the other little supersticious things we all do i have had not a single problem with it apart from a period every time i started a VLC Diet and thats about it, i get no other symptoms at all...

Hopefully that hasnt made to many of you jealous.

K xx

Back