Convenience food

x Lulu x

Silver Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for Convenience food?

I previously did weight watchers and loved the fact if i had no lunch i could easily pop to asda and grab a microwave meal or soup ect.

I really struggle with slimming world lunches or find myself eating jacket potatoes everyday which i dont think does any good when it comes to weight loss.

Any low or syn free foods you can think of? Tinned things, microwave meals, soups, anything i can buy heat up and eat without having too much to think about. I know the pasta n sauce are low/free but they are awkward to make at work. I know cous cous is an option but what does everyone have with it? I put too much salad cream on salads so only really eat salad as part of a meal.

I am usually prepared, but would like some back up in case one day i'm not. I dont have access to slimming world online as i cant get to group at the min so doing it from home.

Hope you can help me! I lost 2st7lb last year and want to get to target this year sp 2 more stone to go!

Thanks for reading :)

X

Mug shots hot water porridge or even make soup or sandwich to take in must admit tomato mug shot has been my saviour!

Prepare something the night before so you won't have to pop to a supermarket for lunch.

Sandwiches, mugshots, pasta/rice salad, fritatta etc.

And honestly it wouldn't do you any harm to have a baked potato everyday if you fancied it :)

I usually do have something prepared. I have home made chicken and veg soup today.

But some days i dont and sometimes my mind is completley blank and i just cant think what to have.

I've written down syns for all my fav ww meals. But really hate spending syns on a meal when i could have something free lol.

x

Mc cains jacket potatos for microwave are only 1syn each they only take 5 mins so really good for quickness. Savoury rice, pasta and sauces. There is defiantly more convenience foods on weight watchers but with a bit of studying you will come across a few things that you like that are quick and easy.

Mc cains jacket potatos for microwave are only 1syn each they only take 5 mins so really good for quickness. Savoury rice, pasta and sauces. There is defiantly more convenience foods on weight watchers but with a bit of studying you will come across a few things that you like that are quick and easy.

I love the mccain jacket pots x

I used to take the McCain jackets but they go powdery in the microwave. Does anyone else have that problem? x

x Lulu x said:
I used to take the McCain jackets but they go powdery in the microwave. Does anyone else have that problem? x

Hi no they have not gone powdery, sometimes a little dry. Try reducing the time slightly obviously not too much you don't want a frozen jacket potato in the middle.

Back