Convinced myself i can't do it anymore....

I know your feeling low at the minute but 4lb off is better than on. Hollow words i know, im not sure how id feel. You need to do what is best for you and yourself, i think if you feel so negative your in danger of resenting the diet. Id sleep on it and see how you feel xx Big hugs xxx
You have done so well so far
PS Only on wk 1 im sure someone more qualified will be along soon xx

Aaaaw i've just read the last page of this thread.... ladies thank u for being there it means a lot...i'm back on 2mrw and I WILL DO THIS... maybe now i know that burger was not worth it?? Fingers crossed!
Does anyone know or think they may know why i've had rubbish losses?? I've not cheated at all and drink 5 pints of water and add 15oz's to shakes instead of 8. xx

Jaxmummy thank u sweetheart..that means a lot. i felt terrible (still do) will be back 2mrw and sticking to it 100%...i've done what was in my head for a few days and ate... not worth the stress! Thankfully my cdc and hubby, not forgetting u girlies are fantastic support...am a lucky girl and i actually feel even more determined to go. xx

Keep at it Hun!!! Draw a line under today and start again tomorrow. I've said this to say many people who've struggled with low losses, and I've even been there myself with a couple frustrating weeks of staying the same!!!

What happens when you start a diet like CD is this:

In the first week a lot of what you Lise is water and glycogen weight. In some people glycogen stores can weigh up to 4lbs!!!

The second third and sometimes fourth weeks your body is adjusting to the new lower calories. It works to it's own times scale and has no idea you've put it on a diet. The body still functions in a very primitive fashion.

Because you've put it on a VLCD it automatically assumes that it's starving to death and hangs onto it's fat stores initially, then after a couple of weeks it realizes that it's getting these 500 ish calories on a regular basis and it won't starve to death, this is when your fat reserves get used up.

By eating things that have lots of carbs in your body will take the easy option always, and burn the carbs fir fuel first, before turning to the harder to break down stuff - fat!! Once the carbs are gone on then does it knuckle down and start on the fat.

I like to think that there's little miners inside, they pick the walls they have to tunnel through. Iif you have high carb high cal food wall they choose to tunnel through is going to be the clay carb glycogen wall, cos they're lazy little monsters. Then once that wall has gone they get bored and make a start on the harder fat wall. Occasionally they go on strike, hoping that they'll get another clay wall to tunnel through.

I prefer to punish my mini miners by making them work at the fat wall, this keeps me happy lol.

I hope this helps you understand what's happening to your body without sounding too much like a lecture and I hope you don't think that the miner analogy is too patronizing but it's how it was explained to me.

Stick with it it's worth it!!! xxx

Hey...well you may have to stay another week as we have all been on here cheering you on this afternoon waiting for an update LOL

Sorry not sure why the loses seem low-ish, but may be just give it 100% for one last week, if nothing changes then maybe try something else (thats what I would do i think)...keep chin up and ready some diaries to keep you going x

Surfhunny said:
Keep at it Hun!!! Draw a line under today and start again tomorrow. I've said this to say many people who've struggled with low losses, and I've even been there myself with a couple frustrating weeks of staying the same!!!

What happens when you start a diet like CD is this:

In the first week a lot of what you Lise is water and glycogen weight. In some people glycogen stores can weigh up to 4lbs!!!

The second third and sometimes fourth weeks your body is adjusting to the new lower calories. It works to it's own times scale and has no idea you've put it on a diet. The body still functions in a very primitive fashion.

Because you've put it on a VLCD it automatically assumes that it's starving to death and hangs onto it's fat stores initially, then after a couple of weeks it realizes that it's getting these 500 ish calories on a regular basis and it won't starve to death, this is when your fat reserves get used up.

By eating things that have lots of carbs in your body will take the easy option always, and burn the carbs fir fuel first, before turning to the harder to break down stuff - fat!! Once the carbs are gone on then does it knuckle down and start on the fat.

I like to think that there's little miners inside, they pick the walls they have to tunnel through. Iif you have high carb high cal food wall they choose to tunnel through is going to be the clay carb glycogen wall, cos they're lazy little monsters. Then once that wall has gone they get bored and make a start on the harder fat wall. Occasionally they go on strike, hoping that they'll get another clay wall to tunnel through.

I prefer to punish my mini miners by making them work at the fat wall, this keeps me happy lol.

I hope this helps you understand what's happening to your body without sounding too much like a lecture and I hope you don't think that the miner analogy is too patronizing but it's how it was explained to me.

Stick with it it's worth it!!! xxx

What an absolutely fantastic post!! Thanks chick!

:)

Stick @ it hun :) you can do it and the diet does work, it's just blinking hard.

We get into the trap of perfectionist thinking, what I mean is we tell ourselves we are no good unless we anything but perfect and that is so harmful as we are not perfect and perfecionist thinking does not do us any favours.:(

I think we are human and we make mistakes. Our weight did not go on overnight and it will not come off overnight.

We check the scales everyday and I don't know why or what we are looking for as we know in reality we won't loose the weight overnight but it does not stop us trying to wish it away.

And when we don't loose the weight overnight then we tell ourselves off for not being perfect.

I think we all get where we want to be in the end and it will take some of us longer than others and yeh we may have the odd wobble because we are not perfect and we do not have perfect lives.

But what we do know is we want to change & change happens slowly so it's a day @ at time. So just stick @ it because you will do it x;)

Wow Surfunny you need to become a CDC...seriously...i dont think it's patronising at all, infact it makes sense and maybe my mini miners need to bloody wake up and work lol... I know i've messed up tonight but am back on it tomorrow so hopefully a few more weeks and i should start getting good losses. Thanks doll you explained it very well...i might print and re-read everytime i feel like giving up or have a rubbish loss. Fingers crossed miners start working their asses off :)

Aaah Mellie thanks hon...yep u have just totally summed me up there..thats defo me although not weighing myself everyday, was thinking of getting some scales but i think i'll give it a miss... Yea it took years to come on so wont come off in three weeks..Thank u for ur words hon

Miss determination..hehe i PROMISE i will give it another week...after reading surfhunny's post though i think i might actually go a bit longer who knows after little losses first few weeks i may start getting big losses..fingers crossed. Thanks for the support. xx

Keep at it girl! :) this is by no means the easiest diet, it's pushed me to the limit countless times. It's hardcore and I challenge anyone who says otherwise! I appauld everyone who makes it through a day! If you stick at this you will see those results, there's no way you couldn't on so few calories a day. When I'm having a hard time I just have an SS+ day and then crack back on with SS the next day, I know that's not ideal but it works for me.

Our issues with food and overeating did not appear overnight and it will take a long, long time to control them.

Keep strong and take the support from everyone when your feeling low it really does work!

Good luck Mrs C xx

I'm so glad I helped. I wish I'd had this explained to me last year when I went through a really rough patch with CD.

I'd love to become a CDC but unfortunately my job just wouldn't let me have the time to devote to people. Shifts etc just isn't great when you have people relying on you :( Maybe one day, when my prince finally turns up and pays half my mortgage for me so I don't have to work so much .... Oh sorry, I drifted off into a fairytale lol :D

Well done Hun, think you've just survived your first rough patch pretty well. Now crack on mini miners, there's digging to be done lol. ;)

love the miners story - brilliant.

Mrs C stick with it - you can do it and it will work - and 2lbs is a good weight loss. You have lost 13 lbs in 3 weeks - not many diets achieve that - and are still on course to lose a stone in your first month. I think a lot of us (me included) get carried away by the first week and expect 5/6/7 lbs a week or more when really it averages out at3 1/2 lbs a week, so refocus your expectations and give those miners a chance!! Keep going - we are all here with you

Back