"Cook Yourself Thin" Ch 4 (Tuesday 8.30)

Bea

Back on the wagon!
Just watching the box and caught this programme....did anyone watch. What did you think?

There was an interesting piece on diet CDs....wont spoil it for you but suffice to say dont buy one!!! LOL. To be honest I have tried so many diets - tried them all and I lose heart too quickly so that why I love LT..you get such great immediate results that keep you going.

Girl lost 9llbs in 6/7 weeks about.....which is fine but like me with 100 to go.....its a differnet story. Would be fine to use when we have a 1lb or 2 to lose when on maintence...I think....(cant wait till my big worry is a 1llb or 2 LOL).....

It all looked pretty good....serious amount of cooking seemed to be involved!

LOL you are prob right!! Know what you mean...been there with all the low cal, low carb cooking....keeping the portion size to a minimum is the key....our tummy will be size of a peanut by the time we complete LT LOL

Watched it and loved it. I have series linked it and am going to go onto channel 4s website to get the recipes!! Diet coke Map how does that work?? Portion size was my main thing that put weight on me too. I didnt eat chocolate or crisps or take outs (very often,1 a month maybe). I didn't drink fizzy drinks and cooked all our family meals from scratch and didnt use frozen stuff (very often) so the only thing I can think that put the weight on me is:

1. Beer I love it and cant drink spirits because I fall over!
2. Babies both of which I love dearly but both were big girls. Katie 8lbs9 an Emma 9lb13 1/2 (Thank god for C sections)
3. Portion size I ate the same as David and his are too big aswell but he is slim build.

Maybe we should start a new thread and put what we think made us gain weight so we can recognise that in ourselves and avoid it next time??

There's loads of recipes for low cal cakes in which you replace most wet ingredients (butter, milk, whole eggs) with a diet coke. Here's one for example:
Cup cakes
Cake Ingredients
1 box cake mix
1 egg white
1 can Diet Coke
Cake Preparation
Remember, you are substituting the Diet Coke and egg white for the ingredients the box mix calls for–do not add the eggs, oil, etc.
  1. Preheat oven as directed on box.
  2. Beat cake mix, egg white, and one can of Diet Coke.
  3. Fill lined cupcake trays.
  4. Bake as directed on box. Remove cupcakes from tray and let cool.
As for what makes me overweight... hmmm... I've been fat all my life, but I managed to lose 4 st about 5 years ago. It was actually relatively easy then, and when I was slim (and pretty much single! long distance -crap- relationship) I used to spend HOURS down at the gym everyday, even weekends, and I loved it! I was rather toned, but still didn't have the bikini body I've always wanted.

Then the long distance of the relationship was not an issue anymore, but the crappiness was still there. He was awful, and god he was fat and ugly, yet he dared saying I was unnatractive. Anyway, we split up and I felt quite lonely for a while and put on half a stone...

Then I met my dh, he was amazing, and suddenly going to the gym didn't seem that important, as I'd rather spend time with him! We eat rather healthily, almost veggie diet, cook from scratch, even grow some of our own, but the lack of exercise I guess has taken its toll, plus contraceptives, so a whole stone and a bit has piled up. And another thing is, when I was doing the gym thing, I ate a very strict clean diet, controlled portions, etc., which I don't do anymore. And my hubby has a sweet tooth, and so do I! It was easier eating boring foods while I was all on my own I guess...

There you go, sorry if i bored you! ;)

My weight is entirely my own fault. When I am low or depressed I eat, and trust me I have been very depressed for some time. But I don't eat crisps or chocolate, it is more like midnight bowls of cornflakes with half a bag of sugar on it, or six or seven pieces of toast all in secret. I know I have an eating disorder, I found out the opposite end of it about 17 years ago, I dieted down to 8 stone and looked like a stick insect. I ended up at the psychiatrist because of it. I was virtually anorexic only instead of being sick I exercised it off. Well my mum (bless her) got me back on the right track, but unfortunately over the years the eating disorder was still there nagging away at me. I had my daughter who was 9 lb 8 ounces which pushed out my belly, now it looks so gross I dont like looking at it. That's my story. I hope LT can cure me of it.

I always strugged with my weights but I know this sounds weird but being happy hasnt helped....my weight has really gone through the roof last number of years.. Since I got married to my hubby and then having my son - I just have stopped being careful about what I eat and drink....my love of wine and the eating to get over the hangovers hasnt helped!! Plus we both take turns cooking meals and low fat wasnt on the menu LOL....

I know what you mean!! As I said, I was at my thinnest when I was with my nasty ex, and now with hubby I've put on weight! Funny thing is ex used to eat loads of rubbish, and he was big, so I wasn't tempted to eat. Hubby eats healthily, but has a sweet tooth and an amazing metabolism, even though I eat less than him and steer away from the most indulgent treats, I'm still fat while he's got a sixpack!!

My hubby is the same and the same size since I met him 15 years ago....while I have gone between size 10 and 22 (cringe!!)....he just burns off the calories while I just look at food and it move to my butt!!! LOL

Did you watch it last night then Bea? I have it sky+'d again and will try to watch it later but I have been online and printed off the recipes and added them to my book I am making up. We love caeser salads at home so there is a nice skinny one we can do when I start eating again. It's Katie's 3rd birthday on the 18th of Sept so I may try to make the chocolate cake for that too. Its 305 calories per slice so what the calorie count in a normal cake is I hate to think!!

Did you watch it last night then Bea? I have it sky+'d again and will try to watch it later but I have been online and printed off the recipes and added them to my book I am making up. We love caeser salads at home so there is a nice skinny one we can do when I start eating again. It's Katie's 3rd birthday on the 18th of Sept so I may try to make the chocolate cake for that too. Its 305 calories per slice so what the calorie count in a normal cake is I hate to think!!

No My sis dropped around and we got sidetracked chatting...was it good? Yeah,,300 seems a hell of a lot for a slice of low fat cake...although someone said to me a choco Muffin is about 500 - there are plenty that make their way and landed on my butt - over the years..anyhoo...

Back