Cooked for the 1st time.

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by katie_oxo, 11 March 2007 Social URL.

1. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Today was the first time since starting LL that I have cooked for my family. Hubby was on earlies last week and he always does the cooking when he's on that shift as I don't get in from work till 6. Today I did a roast beef dinner for them all and I didn't pinch a morsel ... not even a spoonful of stuffing as I was making it (I just love stuffing) though I have to admit that I didn't serve it on to the plates I let hubby do that :D

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    Well done, I didnt want to try to cook for a few weeks when I started, but hubby started cooking a roast one weekend and he ended up being busy so I took over. I was loving the smell just standing near the cooker was heaven.
    Then I dished it out and was satisfied by the smell so wasnt even
  4. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I have been OBSESSED with cooking for the family since day one, I have been trying out new healthy recipes and cooking all the time, I do not understand why, I could never be bothered before. It was really hard at first, but it does not bother me too much now.

Although as time is getting on I am looking forward to being able to eat again, even if it's just a nice tuna salad.

5. Wendy

Wendy Full Member

Lighter Life
    Well done :clap: :clap:

I live on my own so don't have to worry about cooking for anyone else, which I think is helping!

I don't know how you all manage to cook a meal and not eat it :rolleyes:
  6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

If you love stuffing, have you tried making a chicken pack into a kind of stuffing muffin thing? Approx 2 dessert spoons hot water, mix pack to very thick paste, and microwave (I use a cup) for approx 1 and half minutes. If its still a bit soggy , just give a few extra blasts of 10 seconds till its done. Dont overcook tho as it goes rock hard, and not nice at all!

7. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Hi Sez

No I've not tried that - think I'll go and give that a go now as I was just about to have a chicken soup. Not actually tried any of the recipes have just been sticking to soup.

8. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Oh Sez you're a star - this is great :D Am now sat here with it and a teaspoon - gorgeous :D

9. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Well done!
    Im used to it by now cooked a fat pizza before for OH and he even had the cheek to eat 3 double choc cookies in front of me!
    Mmmm cookies!
  10. Sez

Sez has started again!!

OOOh,I like being called a star! I think I will accept that as a lovely stroke!! So glad you like the "stuffing", I must admit I usually cook a pack once a day as recommended. I also like the crisps, and the choc muffin...

and in the real world...........LOL!!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.