cooking for family??

RebekahR

Gold Member
Does everyone still cook for family or partners?? Have you found it tricky or anything

I pretty much told my fiance I will only be making salad after next week so he will have to make some meals. Mostly he only has chicken salad anyway, or fish.

Trying not to be too awkward whilst making sure I have a problem free first week!!

Any thoughts??

I tend to cook one meal for hubby and kids, then I have the vegetables they have with my ss pack or protein portion. So its not doing much extra. If they have a pasta dish, then I have to have my meal cooked seperately. I accidently stuck a bit of tonight's pasta in my mouth to see if it was cooked, I have never spat something out so quick when I realised I couldn't do that!!! lol:8855:

I don't have kids to cook for thankfully and my oh has been left to his own devices :) it'll do him good :) We are having friends round on Saturday for dinner so I'll be doing the cooking then and itll probably be a chicken dish! Whatever i make I'll adapt my own portion :)

I have an 18 month old so he needs feeding all the time which can be difficult sometimes, and I always cook my boyfriend a dinner for when he comes home from work in the evening! I honestly don't know how I do it! :-/ I think I've just told myself that I can't have any food so I know it's not mine to eat.
He's pretty good though he makes sure he eats away from me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If I didn't have kids then I would get my OH to cook for himselves. I have 3 boys aged 3,6 and 5 so need to cook for them shame they can't do it themselves. Tonight was my first night off cooking it wasn't so bad I even made them cake with custard but I did have to leave the room and told them to scarpe any extra in the bin themselves lol

Hi RebekahR,
I'm afraid I'm the other side of the fence as a 'husband'. I like the fact that the diet reduces food shopping time, reduces 'what shall we have tonight? and reduces food prep time dramatically:). The minuses are not having 'romantic' meals out with Mandy and having to choose 'non food' treats - easter egg bath bomb instead of chocolate.... but it does make you think again about food differently. Not sharing meals at home with Mandy is disliked.....

In short, I avoid the issue of cooking and eating meals with family, as much as possible.

I liked the 'fitbit' on Lara's post enough to look it up..... looks like a good thing, but a touch expensive...... perhaps I can have on as a treat instead of 'cheesecake'

I would rather just avoid cooking bar the two nights we have kids with us. Will see how it goes next weeks, if it starts rows obviously I will just cook!!

Can imagine its super tricky with little kids!! Hats off to you guys who cook several different meals for family!

Thanks guys :)

Does everyone still cook for family or partners?? Have you found it tricky or anything

I pretty much told my fiance I will only be making salad after next week so he will have to make some meals. Mostly he only has chicken salad anyway, or fish.

Trying not to be too awkward whilst making sure I have a problem free first week!!

Any thoughts??

Not a chance lol, my OH eats in another room as well cos he said the drooling look on my face puts him off :eek:

Catdog xx

Wow I must really be in the diet zone, I have cooked from day one, im now 5 weeks in. First 3 days wasnt fun, but im not bothered with cooking for the family. Made them all a huge fry up tonite and didnt feel tempted. Made theirs, did the dishes, popped my chilli pack into the micro.

I still cook just have to adapt. So checking pasta and rice i would have normally put it in my mouth to taste if it was ready but know i just squash the pasta and rice between my fingers to see if it is as it should be plus timing food a bit more accurately. Only thing i found hard is when seasoning meats such as chicken, beef, lamb if its favoured ok which is when i would taste it. It not too bad as i can now taste the chicken to see if its favoured. As when on lipotrim i couldn't taste it at all. But my son doesn't really eat meat as such so its just my boyfriend, lets just say he can't cook to save his life. If i don't cook he would be eating frozen food or take aways. So if the meats are not favoured to his liking i say oh well this is an opportunity for you to learn to cook lol.

I've done a mix of cooking and not cooking.
If I pick GD up from nursery and I have to feed her I find it hard, she sometimes tries to share!
OH has since I started this diet had fish n chips, kebab, pizza etc etc, choc n crisps every night while I am on sofa. I am not sure if he does it for affect!
At least he is no longer buying stuff for me! That's an old tactic!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Have to give him his credit here (will revert to him bashing later)

Hes been good at getting his own dinner together and will do dd if he's home in time. Poor dd is just getting oven stuff at the mo, will need to make a big batch of something to pop in the freezer for her

4 lost : 57 to goal

i cook every night for my OH! otherwise he would eat crap!! lol and in between i make homemade soups and stuff for his lunches. if im in ill do him a jacket tato or toastie or soup for lunch. days off i often make him a fry up for brekkie. and im forever baking him treats. thinking about actually he is a spoilt brat lol!!! but it hasnt bothered me so i guess ill carry on!

I cook in bulk on weigh day when i'm feeling motivated.... Lol...

Or any other day that i'm feeling strong.... Cook it and freeze it!!!

X

Deezer said:
I cook in bulk on weigh day when i'm feeling motivated.... Lol...

Or any other day that i'm feeling strong.... Cook it and freeze it!!!

X

That's a great idea !
:)

LOL my other half would be sitting there with a block of frozen dinner!!!

Shall see how it is when I get started!! Might not feel as annoyed about cooking as I'd imagine!!

Back