Cooking for One

Oh, I'll have a look, thank you.Is that on a specific recipe thread? One of the ladies in my group made Frittatas (SP) last week...I had to google them, because I had No idea what they were. Don't know if you do...but they look like quiches, and can be very low in calories. When I googled I ended up on the BBC cooking website, had a giggle because it sounded as if they were posting for children..."get someone to turn the oven on, ask someone to take it out etc" Very easy to make...I haven't tried yet, but looks like a very tasty meal. I've got to get some variety in my meals, I seem to be having the same things over and over! xx:sigh:

Oh yeah fritattas are a great option - another one that you can play around with ingredients for to suit tastes too.

Have you looked at any of the recipe/ meal idea books in your class?

Start weight: 17st 7lbs
Week 1 -4lbs
Week 2 -2lbs
Week 3 -1.5lbs
Week 4 -2lbs
Current weight: 16st 11.5lb
Total loss: 9.5lbs
74.5/84 to go.....

I live alone and am always quartering recipes. I use bbcgoodfood quite a lot, they have some brilliant healthy recipes (some calorific ones aswel so steer clear of them).

Thank you all so much, I joined LifeOnline, (think that's what the SW website is called) and had a right job over my password, but have managed to get on there again now. Haven't got round to checking many of the recipes because it kept throwing me off, but I will do. That chicken DOES sound nice, and so does yours Emily,(except I don't like garlic) I'll make notes.
last night I checked out low fat//cal stuffed peppers, and they sound good too. I suppose just starting...well I didn't know where to start. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me.....I won't know what to try first! lolol!! xx

. . . I don't know what's worse, seeing the weight in lbs or stones ! I checked my ideal weight last night (according to something online, and it was 8stones 1lb...........I'd be positively anorexic, haven't been that size since I was about 13!! 11stones makes me a size 12, at least it used to, so that's my target, same as yours. xx we'll get there!
I weigh in kilos - much better on the numbers than pounds. :8855:
How tall are you Pollywotsit? And I'll do a quick calculation if you like.

Fritata is basically a Spanish omelette - these can be cooked on the top of the hob and are a pretty quick meal for one.
Just cook on a very low heat. And you can put whatever you like in them. Meat, veg etc etc

Also try spaghetti carbonara - prefect on an EE day or just a few syns (or part HExB) on a green day.
Pasta in a quick tomato salsa with herbs and spices is good (see how to make your own tomato salsa lower down)
Scrambled egg and smoked salmon is one of my favourite quick lunches - served on a couple of slices of WM toast.
Risotto is one of my faves - again easy for 1 and you can add all sorts of things. My favourite is mushroom risotto with parmesan cheese.
Try keeping uncooked frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. You can rustle up no end of sauces for these in a jiffy to go with SW chips or pasta.

The SW recipe for Chicken in Parma Ham is nice. http://group.slimmingworld.com/recipes/parma-chicken.aspx
I would replaced the parma ham with bacon next time as the parma ham came out far too dry and crispy.
I also used Philli light instead of lowlow cheese (as I can't get that here).

Philli is definitely something to be kept in the fridge.
It can be added to so many things to make sauces - and with cooked pasta & some fried onions it makes a quick cheesy pasta dish.

There's a few recipes I've posted on here that can easily be done for one - even though the specified amounts are for 4.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/242292-seafood-pasta.html
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/238189-baked-trout-leek-sauce.html
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/229451-pork-dijonaisse-chicken.html
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/215647-salmon-florentine-can-do-chicken-too.html
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/215644-huevos-la-flamenca.html

For the Pork Dijonnaisse you can use a pork loin steak or boneless pork chop instead of a whole fillet

With the Huevos a la Flamenca you can do with real tomatos if you don't want to open a tin.
Just take 2 big beef tomatos, put in a bowl of hot water to get the skins off then grate them!
Yes . . . use your cheese grater - it's a classic Spanish way of making your own tomato salsa.

Enjoy !!!!

Oh! what a star you are thank you. I shall sit tomorrow with a cuppa and go through these, I shall be using matchsticks in a minute to keep my eyes open.
I can't do anything in Kilos.....I have to get the calculator out to multiply everything by 2.2!! I've been sitting here trying to work out your weight loss Pommette...65+ lbs?that's my goal at the moment...little steps.......
Well done!! what a brilliant achievement.
I stayed the same today at weigh in, wish I could find a reason but I can't, I'm so determined I never come off the plan. I go out on a Thursday night, and have a drink and a bite to eat, but I've calculated everything to make sure I have more than enough syns to cover!Tomorrow is another day! xx
:thankyou:

Oh, I forgot to say, I bought a pack of smoked salmon this week, first time I've ever had it (smoked haddock is my choice of fish)...I had a job to get it down,,,don't know why but I really didn't like it...and the rest went in the bin. My cat doesn't like fish, so that's where it ended up. I had it with salad, just couldn't stomach it another day.....but too pricey to buy and try again!

Hi again Pollywhatsit

Yes - I've lost just short of 65 lb at the mo. It's taken me a long time though.
I started way back in 2006 when we moved to Spain, lost 2 stone and motivation so had a wee break.
Started again in Jan 2011 after a 7lb gain and got to my first target at the end of November 2011.
It then took me 9 months to lose the last 7 lbs to get to my 5 stone shiney - which I managed last August - round about 11:7.
In fact I lost another 4 lbs over the next month as I couldn't work out how to maintain. :8855:
Since then, I've managed to stay in target range until May - apart from 1 week.
But I've been struggling a bit since then - had a few stresses and strains plus a holiday so I shot way over target.
It got to 7 lbs 2 weeks ago - but it's back on the way down now as I've tried to have a couple of stricter weeks.
Will have a couple more as well to get right back down to target, if not below it again.

It looks as though you've made a great start though so don't worry too much about a STS.
Our bodies do all sorts of strange things that we can't sometimes account for.
I was only saying to another friend on her diary that losses and gains are sometimes totally unfathomable.
In the past I've been out for a BIG chinese banquet . . . and lost.
Other times I've been as good as gold . . . and gained.

Just keep chipping away and you'll get there!

That's a great loss, and even 7 lbs either way isn't too bad, in fact it's brilliant. I make cards, birthday, special occasions etc etc...and when I get a lot of orders in, I'm sitting for hours...do that over 10 years and it's not just your bum that spreads, but everything, so I put a lot of my weigh down to that, plus snacking instead of eating properly. I've just had my counsellor on the phone telling me just what you've written.....next week...hoping for a good loss, but even if it's small, it's still a loss! xx

Back