Cooking for the family....

MissCroc

Does/has anyone else struggled with this?

I have to cook for my DH and two boys, and last night, as I'm sure many people have to do whilst on a diet.

Have you found it difficult, still having to prepare and make food, and watch them all enjoy the yumminess...?

I did struggle at first but now I dont really think about it, it does get alot easier, I even find I cook more from scratch now.

first week i made him do the cooking

now im a feeder, lol i love making things from scratch, i bake them cakes and im now the proud owner of over 50 cookbooks and im still collecting more, lol

wow really. See I always cook from scratch. I make our bread, cakes, soups, all dinners from scratch (well I'll buy a pasata rather than make my own tom sauce, but other than that mainly home made everything..). I was thinking I'd be more tempted to buy a ready made cottage pie or lasagna or something to spare me, that's great that you're doing that :)

Hopefully it won't be too difficult once I'm in ketosis -- I think now, whilst I'm still a little bit hungry and obviously still thinking about food, it's hard not to think that it'll always be an issue.

We usually eat out once a week -- so many things to change and deal with!

No more over indulgence at the beefeater for me on a sunday lol!

Lol Claire! That's brill that you can do that :)

My other half can't cook, so I've lucked out there! If he had to cook for them all they'd be living on egg on toast or cheese on toast, and even that would probably be burnt ROFL

Lol Claire! That's brill that you can do that :)

My other half can't cook, so I've lucked out there! If he had to cook for them all they'd be living on egg on toast or cheese on toast, and even that would probably be burnt ROFL

my other half was kinda forced to learn. he was schooled in america, difficult for him to get hold of proper west african cooking so he would make it himself

my african cooking is limited so if he wants to eat traditional ghanaian stuff hes gotta do it. my next purchases are 4 ghanaian cookbooks, lol

I enjoy cooking more now than when I was eating! I've done lots of new recipes and batch cooking. Somethings I struggle with but mostly I'm ok and love watching them enjoy it.

are you like me, sitting expectantly with the family asking if a new dish is good, whats it taste like, is the seasoning ok and in my case is it spicy enough, lol

I really enjoy cooking so no I don't mind cooking for them although doing ss+ probably makes it easier as I'm still joining them at the table!

One thing we do is bulk cook - last nigt I made them a leek, butterbean and chorizo gratin which I made 4 "daddy and pickle" portions, the other 3 are now in my freezer meaning that will be an easy meal.. We're big fans of batch cooking here, it's easier in some ways to make 10 portions of something than 1 and let's you take advantage of offers on veg/meat/what ever! You canbuy longfoil trays from supermarkets to put them in too which thenmeans you can bang it in the oven onfrozen (usually 165 degrees for 65-70 min) and voilà - a ready meal in term of convenience but you know it's homemade and nutritious!

I'm like you guys, Claire and FM, definitely a feeder. It's almost as if I get my fix by touching and smelling the food and imagining the family's reactions when they eat it. It's a bit like when I stopped smoking and used to walk purposely through other people's smoke for a couple of weeks to get my fix lol.

Back