Cooking - Is it a dying art?

How wonderful!

I think you should have a tiny little sliver-for all our sakes. But I totally understand if you won't :)

I don't like cooking, I would probably cook once a year, if that. I much prefer to just open a tin of tuna and have some fruit or veges. Anyway, there is a saying "never trust a thin chef" so I think that some people who love to cook are more likely to have weight issues. Junk food is another issue of course, but it is possible to not eat junk food and not cook.

I'd agree. Most of the best chefs arent stick thin, they do need to sample their food and in all fairness I dont think chefs really cook the lowest calorie food they can. I have often seen cooking programs on the TV and wondered how people could stay thin eating that food. I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to portion control and exercise.

Well, just so that you all know, I had to eat some of the white chocolate cheesecake - too much in fact! Thankfully by yesterday afternoon, I had had enough of it and gave the rest to the neighbours! Sorry you dont live next door! Hope I've not ruined the diet as had been doing well. Oh well, at least its not an everyday thing, and have been really really good today!

Back to the cooking - I'm not sure there are many, if any thin chefs on the telly...would we trust them? Although they probably dont eat much....they probably skip meals as they are too full to eat, little and often? That is supposed to be good for you. My daughter, as a baby, drove us mad. She would never drink all of her milk. She was and is tiny, and would only ever have 4oz's of milk at a time. It made no difference if she'd gone 2hrs or 4 hrs, it was always 4oz's! Even now and she is 6, will not eat huge dinners, but what she does eat is good for her. She also takes ages eating. I and the rest of the family have scoffed down our meals, and then we have to wait another 1/2hr or so for her to finish! She chews properly, which is supposed to be good for you and has small portions, smaller than my 3yr old son! She is also very active. Lets hope she doesn't get the 'fat' gene!

She does enjoy cooking with me, but my son loves cooking more and eats more! He is not overweight, in fact he is also about average for his age, but I worry about his weight more than my daughters simply because he is in the kitchen with me more, cooking! So is cooking from scratch a good thing as it teaches us to eat as well?!

xx

Haha I'm sorry I don't live next door too.

Aw, bless your daughter, she sounds so proper. You should be pleased she's got such good habits. And as for your son, that's so cute that he loves cooking. I must say I love a man who can cook. I'm sure he'll be a very popular young man in a few years time haha.

Haha I'm sorry I don't live next door too.

Aw, bless your daughter, she sounds so proper. You should be pleased she's got such good habits. And as for your son, that's so cute that he loves cooking. I must say I love a man who can cook. I'm sure he'll be a very popular young man in a few years time haha.

Thanks, not sure where my daughter gets her good habits from, not from us! And as for my son, he's only 3. The worst thing about him helping is that he always wants to put everything into the saucepan on the hob which is hot. He sees me doing it and can't quite get why he's not allowed to! Still gotta love him.:family2::family2:

I guess cooking is better than sitting in front of the tv doing nothing - where he is at the moment fast asleep after a hard morning at nursery! zzzzz

xx

Back