Cooking! (oblique references to food)

Spanglymum

Gold Member
Cooking is one of the things I'm finding hardest on LL. I love cooking, and usually taste things as I go along. It's really difficult not to! I've made tonight's meal but am having to hope that it is seasoned ok. And the smell! The delicious smell!! Aaaargh. How do you manage? Any tips? And please don't tell me to buy ready-meals! Budget and health of the family won't allow! Also I'm pleased to have finally got my DH cooking a couple of times a week, from scratch, so don't want to go backwards!!

Too many exclamation marks, but I think you get the idea!

Hi SM, haven't really got anything wise to say but just thought I'd let you know that I love cooking and cook everyday for my FIL, MIL, DH and separate meals for 8month old DS. Like you, I too would taste for spices etc, but since starting the diet, I get my MIL to do the tasting. I'd suggest you ask your DH to check for seasoning and adjust accordingly, if he is around or before serving dinner.

About managing it, I suppose it's all down to you; your determination and will power. Take it as a test and tell yourself that you shall see through this and that one day you will be able to enjoy these meals again.

Back