Coping on holiday

gemgems39

Hi everyone sorry if this has been talked about in other threads but i go on holiday on the 21st sept an im worried how i will cope. By the i will have done 3 - 4 weeks TFR and 1-2 weeks refeed. Im so scared ill put weight on while im there as its all inclusive an i dont want to have a boring holiday so i know i will drink and eat, its also a girls only holl so i will want to be drinking like my mates. Has anyone had the same trouble? How did everyone cope?

I went away for two weeks in the middle of July Gem, and then had another (planned) week off the diet when I came back. I gained weight, I think you'd have to be very strict with yourself not to, and it was really really hard to go back on TFR afterwards.

Still think I did the right thing, though it set me back a couple of weeks from my final goal, and there was a distinct possibility that I wouldn't go back on. :wave_cry:

People here have TFRed their way through every celebration and holiday known to man though - it can be done! ;)

Hi gemgems

I have the same problem (but can't wait obviously!) with going on a girls only all inc to Majorca in Oct - this was the main push for me to go on LT. I am refeeding 2 weeks before so that I can eat and drink whilst away - and I can't see I'll be good to be honest! I have EVERY intention to go back on when I return and get back off the weight I will put on...

If you do decide to do LT whilst away I have the utmost respect and admiration for you! xx

I went away for two weeks in the middle of July Gem, and then had another (planned) week off the diet when I came back. I gained weight, I think you'd have to be very strict with yourself not to, and it was really really hard to go back on TFR afterwards.

Still think I did the right thing, though it set me back a couple of weeks from my final goal, and there was a distinct possibility that I wouldn't go back on. :wave_cry:

People here have TFRed their way through every celebration and holiday known to man though - it can be done! ;)

oh no :( this has put a downer on my holl lol. did you do 2 weeks refeed before you went away. were you careful on holl or have a massive blow out like im scared i might lol

Hi gemgems

I have the same problem (but can't wait obviously!) with going on a girls only all inc to Majorca in Oct - this was the main push for me to go on LT. I am refeeding 2 weeks before so that I can eat and drink whilst away - and I can't see I'll be good to be honest! I have EVERY intention to go back on when I return and get back off the weight I will put on...

If you do decide to do LT whilst away I have the utmost respect and admiration for you! xx

Its bad isnt it! worried i have no self control when im drunk. haha theres no way ill be doing lipotrim on hol cos i wanna drink an its dangerous to drink while in ketosis :cry:

Gem Gem this is a very good thread for those that are going away.. i myself am heading to France on the 12th of Sept i will only have been on TFR 3 weeks so i am suggested to try and continue my TFR while there, like u and others i've payed for fully inclusive which i don't mind but it is just me and one other person going, i'm now kinda dreading it if i do stick to it how will the other person feel drinking and eating alone obviously i will be there but don't eat or if i do eat will i be disappointed with myself and find it hard to return.. for now im trying not to think about it

Gem Gem this is a very good thread for those that are going away.. i myself am heading to France on the 12th of Sept i will only have been on TFR 3 weeks so i am suggested to try and continue my TFR while there, like u and others i've payed for fully inclusive which i don't mind but it is just me and one other person going, i'm now kinda dreading it if i do stick to it how will the other person feel drinking and eating alone obviously i will be there but don't eat or if i do eat will i be disappointed with myself and find it hard to return.. for now im trying not to think about it

that would be so good if you could stick to it on holl! id have a lot of repsect for you! iv decided that iv saved up all year for this holl an im not going to put myself on tfr. im doing 1-2 weeks refeed before holl an eating mostly only protein an the odd bit of good fat just before i go. on holl ill drink only diet coke and vodka no cocktails ha and just eat healthy like chicken an salad. i hope this works an ill report back on the weight changes after the holl!

that would be so good if you could stick to it on holl! id have a lot of repsect for you! iv decided that iv saved up all year for this holl an im not going to put myself on tfr. im doing 1-2 weeks refeed before holl an eating mostly only protein an the odd bit of good fat just before i go. on holl ill drink only diet coke and vodka no cocktails ha and just eat healthy like chicken an salad. i hope this works an ill report back on the weight changes after the holl!

Plenty of dancing and a few nice walks, just make sure you come back to TFR. I've a 4-dayer with the mates Halloween weekend to Liverpool and my 30th on 6th October but I'm just concentrating on the next 4 weeks for now.

Plenty of dancing and a few nice walks, just make sure you come back to TFR. I've a 4-dayer with the mates Halloween weekend to Liverpool and my 30th on 6th October but I'm just concentrating on the next 4 weeks for now.

The only walking I'll be doing is to the bar and back!

Hi Folks..I know ur pain!! Me and my bf are going to Dublin of all places on Monday, But im TFR'ing all the way. Im only going for 3 days, But if I was in ur shoes I'd definitly be taking full advantage of the all inclusive, Just practice the habits u will have after finishing TFR and give urself a test run! xx:p

my friend had been on TFR for 7 weeks and then went to the west indies A/I for 2 weeks and managed to stay on TFR! theres no way i could do that. im off on the 6th sept for 2 weeks A/I- im not botherd about the food i think A/I is easier at least you can eat what you want toeat- all those meats and salads..its the alcohol with me, i agree i dont want to be away and not drink so im going to do my best with the food and hope for the best on the drinks! i know i will gain some weight but ive waited and saved all year for this holiday and im gonna enjoy it! lets all chat again after we return?:sigh:

I did TFR for just short of 6 months, did 1 week refeed. Went away on holiday all inc for a week and come back like 10lbs heavier! That being said i had an awesome holiday. my first in 6 years and my bfs first ever time away.

Sorry if it puts a dampner on it.

You should expect a gain really when going away, especially all inc. But enjoy yourself. Make sensible food choices where possible. Don't eat chips every day. With all inc there is always lots and lots of salad and chicken and fish on offer. Stick to spirits and diet mixers too :)

great advice i think actually i know i more than likely will come off it for the trip its only 5 nights away.. can't wait to hear all our stories when we get back too lol

Logically thinking most people regardless of being on LT or not will put some weight on whilst on holiday - that's all part of the holiday too isn't it, to relax and that can include relaxing what we eat and drink.

I've lost 4 stone on LT and have maintained my 12st 2lb for 4 months now, took me 4 months to loose the 4 stone. I am under no illusion that on my up coming holiday that I will gain some pounds - am fully prepared for that. HOWEVER!!! I do eat different now than I did before LT so that HAS to make a difference.

My thoughts - for what they are worth... part of your LT journey is to look at your eating habits and CHANGE them. Only then will you not pile all the weight back on that we worked hard to lose.

Just think sensibly about what you are putting in your mouth on holiday - don't stress about it.. enjoy the time away and then relook at yourself when back home. Life is for living, before, during and after LT!!

Above all have a fabulous time. Lisa x

I'm starting to refeed tomorrow for my all-inclusive holiday to portugal next week (what is it with everyone going AI??!!).

I know I probably will put on weight but I don't mind so much. It's what holidays are about, and I don't think i would enjoy it as much if I wasn't eating.

Again, I deliberately chose to go AI because the selection of food will be better. I do drink, but I'm not a big drinker by any means, and hope I'll be able to keep up my water consumption when I'm away. My big weakness will be the freshly made crepes my hotel has on for breakfast (how amazing does THAT sound!!!!) and desserts.

Logically thinking most people regardless of being on LT or not will put some weight on whilst on holiday - that's all part of the holiday too isn't it, to relax and that can include relaxing what we eat and drink.

I've lost 4 stone on LT and have maintained my 12st 2lb for 4 months now, took me 4 months to loose the 4 stone. I am under no illusion that on my up coming holiday that I will gain some pounds - am fully prepared for that. HOWEVER!!! I do eat different now than I did before LT so that HAS to make a difference.

My thoughts - for what they are worth... part of your LT journey is to look at your eating habits and CHANGE them. Only then will you not pile all the weight back on that we worked hard to lose.

Just think sensibly about what you are putting in your mouth on holiday - don't stress about it.. enjoy the time away and then relook at yourself when back home. Life is for living, before, during and after LT!!

Above all have a fabulous time. Lisa x

Just think sensibly about what you are putting in your mouth on holiday - This is gonna be our mantra Lis! x

AI in my opinion is the best way! No hassle of having to buy food, cook food, buy drinks that can be very overpriced in certain places. Its just generally less hassle! and usually works out a heck of a lot cheaper.

Its get up, get breakfast, laze about on the sunlounger catch some rays, have a few bevvies, catch some more rays have some dinner then more bevvies.

What better way to spend a holiday?!!! :giggle: :rotflmao:

i agree "addicted" im prepaed to put on a few pounds- who doset whilst on holiday, and again i booked I so i could have my own choise of what goes on my plate, my problem will be the crepes at breakfast- i love them! but this year i will refuse and go for scrambled egg instead or a shake! by biggest indulgence will be the Vodka nd slimline i intend on having every night lol x

Personally i think for most of us we only ever have 1 holiday a year and i think we should all just enjoy it. Of course make sensible choices but don't deprive yerself!

Have crepes say just a couple of mornings if you fancy it! :giggle:

Bit like myself I'm going away on the 3rd of Sept. and i had to decide this monday gone whether to stay on tfr or go on refeed. I was confused so i rung Lipotrim and spoke to someone and was told to do the refeed tll i get back. The refeed i found really difficult as i couldn't eat the minimum advised amount of solids and was giving me a tum ache, so rung them back again and was told seeing that i'll be going back on tfr i can have 2 maintenance a day and try and eat a miniscule amount of solids as advised in the refeed sheets with one of the maintenance and eat one meal.

I hope this helps and just to let you i've lost 6lbs since the change which is the same as to what I'd lost in my 1st week on tfr. If your still unsure give them a call as they have dieticans and Doctor's at hand to help and advise you:gen147:.

Good Luck in deciding and make sure it's something that you are going to be content with. x

Back