Coping with an all you can eat buffet!!!

Legomom

Gold Member
Have a girls night out on friday that I can't avoid. So I shall be faced with my arch nemesis......the all you can eat buffet of dooooom.

My evil plan is to offer to drive. No booze calories and no evil three day vodka water retention. :) Fill myself with lots of fizzy diet pop before we eat so I can't actually be that greedy!!! Then just cross fingers that there are some choices that are tasty but not too evil. Coz it's a blooming expensive buffet. And I'm not paying that for a bowl of lettuce!!!

Any one have any tips for

A) not looking like I'm dieting as the lady whose 40th birthday it is has shed 6 stone in two years and is having a night off lol. She's plotting a dozen plates of pudding and full drunkenness bless her!!!

B) keeping it under control as I really really don't want a big gain this week!!!! And it's MY birthday the week after so I'll be wanting cake then!!!!

What type of buffet food is it?

I went to a chinese buffet on Friday. Just had small plates, little tasters of everything. Had a couple of wines though. Didn't have much to eat that day beforehand.

Maybe try and do a bit more exercise? Just try and enjoy yourself and if you do have a blowout then get straight back on the next day.xx

Oh good luck! A little bit of everything is so hard to resist...you just want to try it all!

Loads of water and pop. Try to fill your plate with the lighter options - loads of leafy salad and veggies if there are any. Then just have small tasters of the other things that you want to try.

Be kind to yourself though - if you go 500 cals over or even more, it's not going to make you gain half a stone. You could just enjoy it and move forward and back on with your diet (until your birthday cake next week!)

Good luck!

Plenty of salad. Meats are fine. Avoid anything coated in thick mayo or sauces. Bit of pasta if there is some. Basically everything in moderation, and like HellieCopter said, don't worry about it too much. Enjoy yourself :) xxx

Is it a Jimmy spice type thing? If it is I went to one with a DELICIOUS fruit desert stand, so save some room for that, melons, grapes etc :)

All I can think of, I'd be all over that bad boy.. :D Good luck!

Use a small plate if you can so it looks like more on your plate?

Back