Corblimey's Food Diary

Well done Cor! Thats fantastico!!! And I wouldnt syn the grilled pineapple either hun, don't worry! May I ask what your name is please? It feels weird calling you Cor! xx

How blummin weird and paranoid am I that I had a little panic when I read this thinking if I named and shamed myself people I know could find out how much I weigh and what I have been eating?! Well deep breath .... it's Vickie, suppose that wasn't too hard!!

I perhaps need to have a bit more of a think about if I should tell people I am on SW or not, sometimes I wonder if it would be easier especially in social situations but then the fear of everyone knowing my weight, judging what I am eating and making assumptions about me makes me scared :confused:

I stepped on the scales this morning and they are showing a 2lb gain from yesterday, I knew it was a bad idea to weigh myself. I know in my head I can't have put that on overnight but a little part of me is worrying that the wine night is coming back to bite me on the arse.

Anyway food for today and 100% again so far

Thursday 24.05.2012 - Green

B - 2 Plums. Milk (HEA1) 1tsp sugar (1)

L - HB eggs with salad (lett, cuc, toms, sp onion & radish) with Asda HM Pitta (HEB1) 2 tbsp 30% salad cream (4)Watermelon.

T - Spinach cannelloni recipe from the website 30g parmesan (HEA2) for the top. With big side salad

Snacks - Apple, Fibre plus (HEB2)

Syns 5 Total

Last edited:
Corblimey said:
How blummin weird and paranoid am I that I had a little panic when I read this thinking if I named and shamed myself people I know could find out how much I weigh and what I have been eating?! Well deep breath .... it's Vickie, suppose that wasn't too hard!!

I perhaps need to have a bit more of a think about if I should tell people I am on SW or not, sometimes I wonder if it would be easier especially in social situations but then the fear of everyone knowing my weight, judging what I am eating and making assumptions about me makes me scared :confused:

I stepped on the scales this morning and they are showing a 2lb gain from yesterday, I knew it was a bad idea to weigh myself. I know in my head I can't have put that on overnight but a little part of me is worrying that the wine night is coming back to bite me on the arse.

Anyway food for today and 100% again so far

Thursday 24.05.2012 - Green

B - 2 Plums. Milk (HEA1) 1tsp sugar (1)

L - HB eggs with salad (lett, cuc, toms, sp onion & radish) with Asda HM Pitta (HEB1) 2 tbsp 30% salad cream (4)Watermelon.

T - Having a go at the Spinach cannelloni recipe from the website, really unsure about cooking with cottage cheese but will give it a go. HEA2 will be 30g parmesan for the top and I will have salad with it.

Snacks - Fibre plus (HEB2)

Syns 5 so far, will update

Hey Vickie,

Believe me I know how you feel. No one knows how much I weigh because I am so ashamed of the figure. Oddly I was quite happy to share it with everyone on here....was....until my mum decided to join, I couldn't face her knowing my weight because I knew she would judge me and I knew she would tell others. Believe me I adored my mum to bits but I don't trust her with those figures, which is sad but that's the way it is. I removed them also because I felt so exposed - I know its only a number and it shouldn't matter, but it does to me..and I guess it does to you too - so I know where you are coming from lovey.

Stop weighing yourself in between weigh ins!

How was the cannelloni?

Xx

HI

I can relate to that - I won't even tell my husband how much I weigh :eek:as I don't want him to judge me and then watching every mouthful and thinking "should you be eating that"!

I also haven't told peeps that I am trying to lose the flab as again :eek:- when eating don't want them to think " should she be eating that" - soooo relate to your comments...

But am on here to get motivation and support cos I really want to lose it so badly I feel choke up sometimes that its never going to come off!:sigh:

Anyway - congrats for your losses so far.....:)

Kats

Hey Vickie,

Oddly I was quite happy to share it with everyone on here....was....until my mum decided to join, I couldn't face her knowing my weight because I knew she would judge me and I knew she would tell others

Oh crikey I would go running for the hills if my mum joined here, although she would have no reason to having never been bigger than a size 10 her whole life, but she still sits there squeezing a tiny inch of fat saying how gross she feels and how she needs to lose weight. I think my whole family is obsessed with other people's weight, regularly slagging off those in the family who have put weight on and even people they don't know ''Look at the state of her thats disgusting - she should really do something about it'' etc etc. I don't think they realise it can be upsetting, I know they would be supportive if I told them I was doing SW and I'm really close to my rents but it's the thought of what they would say when I'm not there that worries me. I think in my Mum's head her saying all those things will help me but it does the opposite, I know everyone has their own issues about weight but seeing her pinching an inch and then thinking of the 7 st plus I need to lose doesn't exactly spur me on.

Weighed this morning and everything seems to have settled so no more weighing til Wednesday, going to get OH to hide the scales. Was surprised with the cannelloni, really nice and OH enjoyed too which for a committed carnivore is an achievement!

HI

I can relate to that - I won't even tell my husband how much I weigh :eek:as I don't want him to judge me and then watching every mouthful and thinking "should you be eating that"!

I also haven't told peeps that I am trying to lose the flab as again :eek:- when eating don't want them to think " should she be eating that" - soooo relate to your comments...

But am on here to get motivation and support cos I really want to lose it so badly I feel choke up sometimes that its never going to come off!:sigh:

Anyway - congrats for your losses so far.....:)

Kats

Hi KitKat :wavey:

My OH doesn't know my weight either, embarassingly it's a lot more than he weighs and he is a lot taller than me too. He wouldn't judge what I am eating though, actually I'm starting to worry that he is a bit of a feeder (but not in the weird way like the TV programme the other day lol) he is always encouraging me to eat and drink things I shouldn't, he is being supportive in his own way I suppose and I do all the cooking otherwise god knows what he would put in!

Do you have a diary, have you done SW before?

Friday 25.05.2012 - Red

B - 3 x Plums. 1/2 tsp sugar and splash milk (1)

L - Ham, lett, cuc, radish, toms, sp onion and cherry toms with balsamic vinegar. Watermelon. Activia 0% Rasberry

T - BBQ Woo!!! As it's so lovely its a shame not to ;) Going shopping after work but i'm thinking of
Tandoori chicken
HM Burgers stuffed with cheese (HEA)Wholemeal bun (HEB1)
Mackerel with some chipotle chilli paste stuff I found
Veg & Prawn skewers
Huge salad with feta (HEA2)
Sainsburys BGTY sausages

Snack - Alpen light x 2 (HEB2)

Syns - 1 so far, the rest will no doubt be used on wine and 1 for sausages however making sure I stick within weekly limit this time!

The rest of the weekend will probably be BBQ too, easy to cook and not much washing up, bliss!

Oh crikey I would go running for the hills if my mum joined here, although she would have no reason to having never been bigger than a size 10 her whole life, but she still sits there squeezing a tiny inch of fat saying how gross she feels and how she needs to lose weight. I think my whole family is obsessed with other people's weight, regularly slagging off those in the family who have put weight on and even people they don't know ''Look at the state of her thats disgusting - she should really do something about it'' etc etc. I don't think they realise it can be upsetting, I know they would be supportive if I told them I was doing SW and I'm really close to my rents but it's the thought of what they would say when I'm not there that worries me. I think in my Mum's head her saying all those things will help me but it does the opposite, I know everyone has their own issues about weight but seeing her pinching an inch and then thinking of the 7 st plus I need to lose doesn't exactly spur me on.

Weighed this morning and everything seems to have settled so no more weighing til Wednesday, going to get OH to hide the scales. Was surprised with the cannelloni, really nice and OH enjoyed too which for a committed carnivore is an achievement!

I hate it when people who only need to lose a little (or none at all) do that - I had a slightly heated discussion this morning about it with a lady at work who thinks it ok to call herself disgusting when I am almost 2 of her! I tried to explain that there are people who WANT to diet and people who NEED to diet - I am in the need category and will be there for a few stone yet. I have an unhealthy obsession with food which is a daily battle that actually I am slowly starting to conquer. People do think they are helping with their "support" but really I want no one to ask how I am doing, what my weigh in was, when I come to work from the gym I don't want a pat on the back and a slightly patronising "well done you" - I know they mean well but it tends to make me go the other way - thats my rebellious streak.

Vickie maybe you are better off not telling people yet, just maybe once you have noticeably lost it and they say something just say "ah thanks, I have just been eating a bit better really" and leave it at that - I find the more people who know, the more pressure it is to do it. My friends at work (well most of them) understand this. There is just this one lady who I love to bits, but like yesterday for example, I was tucking into a Pink and White Wafer (well nice for only 2.5 syns) and she stops at my desk and looks at me, waiting for me to look up and when I do says "should you be eating that? How many syns?" I was really angry that I needed to justify to her what I was eating it and if I should be! I know its her way of helping, but it doesn't. I could say so many more things about her, but I won't because, all that aside, I love her to bits and I feel a bit mean slagging her off!
xx

My OH doesn't know my weight either, embarassingly it's a lot more than he weighs and he is a lot taller than me too. He wouldn't judge what I am eating though, actually I'm starting to worry that he is a bit of a feeder (but not in the weird way like the TV programme the other day lol) he is always encouraging me to eat and drink things I shouldn't, he is being supportive in his own way I suppose and I do all the cooking otherwise god knows what he would put in!

I am bigger than Mick and he is 6 foot AND stocky to boot! He has no idea how much I weigh, I used to be under his weight but I am over it now, only by a 7 - 10lbs I reckon. He doesn't weigh himself, or particularly worry about it. He has a nice physique but could probably do with losing a couple of stone, or so he says as he is developed a bit of a tummy - I think he looks cute, but he when he sees himself in photos, he hates it. But he won't change his eating habits.

That Fetish thing - how strange was that show?!? I felt saintly sitting there eating my pineapple and ff yogurt! It didn't disgust me, like a lot of people have said, it just saddened me that women are doing that to themselves. And that poor boy, the son of the really big lady - I wanted to cry for him, he had no life did he? She should be ashamed of herself, not for what she is doing to her body but what she makes him go through on a daily basis. AND NO ONE should have to take pictures of there mother earning money in that way.

RANT OVER!

Friday 25.05.2012 - Red

B - 3 x Plums. 1/2 tsp sugar and splash milk (1)

L - Ham, lett, cuc, radish, toms, sp onion and cherry toms with balsamic vinegar. Watermelon. Activia 0% Rasberry

T - BBQ Woo!!! As it's so lovely its a shame not to ;) Going shopping after work but i'm thinking of
Tandoori chicken
HM Burgers stuffed with cheese (HEA)Wholemeal bun (HEB1)
Mackerel with some chipotle chilli paste stuff I found
Veg & Prawn skewers
Huge salad with feta (HEA2)
Sainsburys BGTY sausages

Snack - Alpen light x 2 (HEB2)

Syns - 1 so far, the rest will no doubt be used on wine and 1 for sausages however making sure I stick within weekly limit this time!

The rest of the weekend will probably be BBQ too, easy to cook and not much washing up, bliss!

OMFG your BBQ sounds fabulous - I am dribbling, all the things I adore (chicken, burgers) and that mackerel, what a good idea!

I am so jealous. We dont have a garden and i love BBQs. We are going to one tomorrow round a friends, unfortunately she is providing the meat and I know it will not be good meat. She is an aldi fan and I know her sausages will have more fat less meat and probably the same for her burgers - I was going to offer to bring my own, but I didn't want her to think I thought her food wasn't good enough! I am hoping she will do some lamb chops and chicken as well I will dig into that! I am bringing dessert - Bailey's Cheesecake which I am making from scratch this avo - the reason I am making dessert is so that I won't offend my other friend (who is bringing starters) for turning down her dessert, which is what I usually do, and she always looks a little deflated at me saying no. So I thought I would make it and then I won't mind being let down by myself!

HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND LADIES

xxx

Hi

OMG that program is gross - I mean why - people are weird aren't they!

Yes and Yes - diary name is "Kats - is there a slimming god" or something like that.

Yes did Sw before I got married many moons ago and lost 2st (but slowly this has crept back on and more (shhhhh)), but its all changed with the extra easy etc and am finding it difficult to get my head around it - so am doing calorie counting as well so that I know I haven't gone over my daily allowance. Hopefully SW rules etc will feed its way into my brain at the moment its all confusing.

Cant afford to join a club or online - money is tight so am trying to do it all by myself (sings the song) ha ha

Hopefully I can get some help on here - I think somewhere on here its tell me what to do etc with the Extra Easy etc... so off to locate and print that off - for a bit of night time reading.

Kats

xxx:)

Hey Vickie, how are you? Good weekend hun? How did the barbie go? X

Morning :wavey:

I haven't been able to get on here this week coz of some malware issue, google kept saying there was a security issue with the site and wouldn't let me access. Anywho all seems to be fixed now.

Weeekend was fab, I won't list the food I ate as is was mainly the same each day, lots of meat and salad and a small WM roll for HEB. Stuck to mainly syn free food and had red days but far too much vino got drunk AGAIN! Anyway I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I had a great time and it's not often we get to see the sun so it was worth a celebration :party0036:

Just to keep check of what i've eaten over the last couple of days....

Monday 28.09.2012

B - Strawbs and Activia 0 Rasberry. 1/2 tsp sugar (0.5) Milk = HEA

L - Prawn salad with lett, cuc, pepper, r onion & cherry toms. 3 x apricots. French Fries (4)

T - Tandoori chicken with roasted new pots and salad of lett, cuc, cel, toms, sp onion, radish and peppers. Tbsp LTL Mayo (0.5)

Snacks - 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB)

Total Syns = 5/15

Tuesday 29.05.2012 - Red Day

B - Didn't have any. 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk (HEA1)

L - Leftover chicken and same salad as Monday night. 3 x Apricots

T - Smoked haddock omelette with spring onion and 25g cheddar (HEA2), tinned plum toms, stir fried peppers and mushrooms (sounds a weird combination but was tasty) Asda WM pitta (HEB1)

Missed HEB2

Snacks - Apple, 2 x pink n whites (5)

Syns 6/15

Well WI this morning and 2lb off :happy036:

So plan for today is

B - Strawbs and 0 vanilla activia. Milk = HEA, 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - HM savoury rice salad made with stock, spices, rice, 2 x types of peppers, red onion, mushrooms, babycorn, petit pois, sweetcorn & spring onion. Slices of turkey. Celery& Cucumber sticks and Radishes. 3 x Apricots.

T - Spag bog with XL beef mince, onions, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, toms etc

Snacks = Fibre plus = HEB2, last one remaining boohoo so gutted they have stopped making them :sigh:, French Fries (4), 2 x PinknWhites

Syns = 10

Last edited:
Thursday 31.05.2012

B - 2 x apricots and 0% vanilla activia. Milk (HEA1), Tsp Sugar (1)

L - Exactly the same veg rice salad, turkey and veg sticks as yesterday with carrot sticks.
Then... picnic bar (11.5) and packet of chipsticks (5). No idea why I ate them, I didn't need them as I was full but the 'feck it' devil came out. So I'm sat here feeling very, very guilty and peed off with myself. To top it off I have the next 5 days off work which is always a danger zone and I know additional syns will be consumed with all the celebrations that are planned so I was trying to keep syns low in anticipation.

T - Salmon with stir fried veg (onion, chilli, garlic, mushrooms, babycorn, ssnap peas, asparagus, peppers) and noodles, b*lls just realised I needed to save some syns for sauce too :cry:

Snacks - Cereal Bar for HEB not sure which yet

Syns so far 17.5

Corblimey said:
Thursday 31.05.2012

B - 2 x apricots and 0% vanilla activia. Milk (HEA1), Tsp Sugar (1)

L - Exactly the same veg rice salad, turkey and veg sticks as yesterday with carrot sticks.
Then... picnic bar (11.5) and packet of chipsticks (5). No idea why I ate them, I didn't need them as I was full but the 'feck it' devil came out. So I'm sat here feeling very, very guilty and peed off with myself. To top it off I have the next 5 days off work which is always a danger zone and I know additional syns will be consumed with all the celebrations that are planned so I was trying to keep syns low in anticipation.

T - Salmon with stir fried veg (onion, chilli, garlic, mushrooms, babycorn, ssnap peas, asparagus, peppers) and noodles, b*lls just realised I needed to save some syns for sauce too :cry:

Snacks - Cereal Bar for HEB not sure which yet

Syns so far 17.5

Firstly well done on your loss hun, you are doing really well. Secondly don't worry about slipping on the choc, call it a little treat, 17.5 syns isn't too bad, just ease up on syns today. How many syns more did you have with your salmon sauce?

I just replied to you on my thread, let's just try and have fun this weekend, let lose and don't worry or panic so much already about being bad, the weekend hasnt happened yet. What I think I am gping to do is, not syn my wine consumption, but be good for brekkie and lunch and then eat what I like for my main meal, but have no treats or sweet or ice creams in between. I an going to enjoy myself but some damage limitation needs to be put on place for me. I also plan to exercise a bit more.

Good luck, but mostly have a fun weekend! If you fall and eat loads, then so be it, this is a long journey Vic - we all fall but the important thing is we all get back up. Also what I gave done in the past is over extend by feeding frenzy, I used to think, ah well I will start again Monday. No, I am going back to full plan on Tuesday when all my festivities are over. Xxx

Hey Vickie, how was your weekend? I hope it wasn't as booze and food fuelled as mine! I am expecting a huge gain at weigh in tomorrow, it could just break the scales!!!!!

I hope you are well hun.

Xx

One Step Forward Three Steps Back

Well.... The weekend was terrible food wise but brilliant fun! Tried to stay on plan with food and make healthier choices however some things definitely weren't on plan I might aswell own up to it, lying about it won't help. The following passed my lips, -
Wiiiiine
Full pack of Reeses Penut Butter Cups (not in one go however!)
HM chicken pie with all butter puff pastry lid
White bread roll at BBQ (should have taken my own)
Crisps at BBQ

So it is no surprise that I gained 3lb this WI, some of this I think may be due to water retention but nothing I can do now except carry on and get back to it.

Anyway big fat line needs to drawn under the weekend

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 06.06.2012

B - Milk (HEA) and 1tsp sugar (1)

L - Bulgur wheat tabbouleh style salad with herbs, lemon, garlic, 3 types of cherry toms, mushrooms, peppers and red onion with cold roast beef. Tsp of XV olive oil (2) 2 x satsumas

T - Beef stir fry with carrot, beansprouts, cabbage, onion, peppers, mushrooms, babycorn, asparagus, ginger, garlic & chilli with noodles.
Used soy, vinegar and fish sauce for flavouring. 4 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (6) and tsp cornflour (1) but this made 3 portions so (2.5) each

Snacks - Tomato Cup a Pasta (Yuk) 2 x alpen lights (HEB) 2 x rich tea finger biscuits (2)

Total Syns 7.5 /15

Thursday 07.06.2012 - Green

B - Strawbs and 0% activia strawb yog with stawbs and banana. 2 splashes of milk and 1 tsp sugar (2)

L - Same bulgur wheat salad as yesterday with cucumber sticks (2 syns for tsp oil). 50g feta (HEA1) 3 x Ryvita Sunflower seeds and oats (HEB1) with Philly XL mini tub (2)

T - Spinach cannelloni from website with griddled asparagus and roasted mushrooms. Parmesan for top (HEA2) 1/2 tsp butter (1)

Snacks - 2 x Alpen lights (HEB2)

Syns 7/15

Last edited:
Good luck, but mostly have a fun weekend! If you fall and eat loads, then so be it, this is a long journey Vic - we all fall but the important thing is we all get back up. Also what I gave done in the past is over extend by feeding frenzy, I used to think, ah well I will start again Monday. No, I am going back to full plan on Tuesday when all my festivities are over. Xxx

Thanks Charley this really made me feel better this morning, you are right i'm here for the long run and I have managed to get back on plan when the partying finished so yay! And i had a fabulous weekend! xx

Friday 08.06.2012 EE

B - Activia Mango 0% with strawbs and tangerine. Milk for brews = HEA and 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Beef stir fry with loads of veg and noodles - leftovers from Wed Eve (2.5 syns for sauce) Cherries

T - Gammon & wedges with fresh pineapple, roasted mushrooms, toms and griddled asparagus (1 syn for tsp butter) I got some bargain asparagus on Wed night from my local Sainsburys 39p a bunch and it's british hence the asparagus overload, i blummin love the stuff so good job its a speed food!
Half a bottle of red (13)

Snacks - 2 x alpen light HEB

Syns 17.5

Last edited:
Weekend Confession Time :eek:

Saturday 09.06.2012 Red Day

B - No food but 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk for brews (HEA1)

L - None

T - Pork Souvlaki skewers & Minted Lamb Skewers (HM mince). Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham (1 syn) with greek salad (HEA for 50g Feta) and Asda Pitta Bread (HEB1&2)
Wine Full Bottle! (25.5)

Syns = 27.5

Sunday 10.06.2012 RED

B - Banana. 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk (HEA1)

L - No food but 2 x Pints of lager (25)

T - Ham & egg salad with 2 x WM Roll(HEB1&2)Tbsp XL Mayo (0.5) French Fries (4)

Snacks = None

Syns 30.5

Ok so not great but could be worse, I have worked that out as 90/105 for the weekly total which leaves me with 15 left for Mon and Tue

Last edited:
Back