Corblimey's Food Diary

Monday 11.06.2012

B - Apple, Activia 0 Pineapple yog and banana. 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk = HEA

L - Tinned mackerel in tom sauce with lett, celery, radish and toms. Watermelon

T - Roast chicken dinner with frylight roast spuds, carrots & parsnips with broccoli and babycorn. Gravy (used 25g flour between 3 people so 1.5 syns) 3 x Stuffing balls (0.5)

Snacks - 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB) 3 x apricots

Syns 3 = 93/105

Last edited:
Corblimey said:
Weekend Confession Time :eek:

Saturday 09.06.2012 Red Day

B - No food but 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk for brews (HEA1)

L - None

T - Pork Souvlaki skewers & Minted Lamb Skewers (HM mince). Asparagus wrapped in Parma Ham (1 syn) with greek salad (HEA for 50g Feta) and Asda Pitta Bread (HEB1&2)
Wine Full Bottle! (25.5)

Syns = 27.5

Sunday 10.06.2012 RED

B - Banana. 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk (HEA1)

L - No food but 2 x Pints of lager (25)

T - Ham & egg salad with 2 x WM Roll(HEB1&2)Tbsp XL Mayo (0.5) French Fries (4)

Snacks = None

Syns 30.5

Ok so not great but could be worse, I have worked that out as 90/105 for the weekly total which leaves me with 15 left for Mon and Tue

Hey hun, you did go over but it wasn't a monumental blow out, you have owned up to yourself and counted everything which is something I don't always do. I never count my wine consumption which I often 2 bottles over Fri/Sat/Sun. Just do as you planned an cut back on syns for the rest of the week. It sounded like you had a fab weekend!! Foodwise you were a star. Just think of how in timw gone by you would have gone straight to the crappy food after boozing... Not now, now you go for a bloody ham salad rolls!!

Could you please give me the recipe of your pork souvlaki and minted lamb skewers? This is possibly going to be my Saturday nights tea!

X

Corblimey said:
Monday 11.06.2012

B - Apple, Activia 0 Pineapple yog and banana. 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk = HEA

L - Tinned mackerel in tom sauce with lett, celery, radish and toms. Watermelon

T - Roast chicken dinner with frylight roast spuds, carrots & parsnips with green beans and broccoli. Gravy (Will work out syns when used) If I can be bothered I might do some stuffing balls using Sains BGTY 0.5 syn sausage if not I might just have one with tea :)

Snacks - 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB)

Syns so far 1

Hey Hun, well done on getting back on the horse - your lunch would have left me starving though, esp after a fruir/yog brekkie! Feed me Seymour!*

Did you have a couple more syns - don't forget your syns.

*I just realised there is a probable possibility that you are younger than me and wont get the 'feed me Seymour' reference!!

Wooo took me all morning but think I have worked out how to upload pics, this was last nights roast dinner and stuffing balls -recipe from slimmingeats website.
I photographed it without but had some gravy on too

Attachments

• 1339489155466.jpg
    1339489155466.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 1339489157522.jpg
    1339489157522.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 36
Hey hun, you did go over but it wasn't a monumental blow out, you have owned up to yourself and counted everything which is something I don't always do. I never count my wine consumption which I often 2 bottles over Fri/Sat/Sun. Just do as you planned an cut back on syns for the rest of the week. It sounded like you had a fab weekend!! Foodwise you were a star. Just think of how in timw gone by you would have gone straight to the crappy food after boozing... Not now, now you go for a bloody ham salad rolls!!

Could you please give me the recipe of your pork souvlaki and minted lamb skewers? This is possibly going to be my Saturday nights tea!

X

Thanks Charley, was quite impressed with myself that I opted for ham salad sandwiches esp as the OH was sat eating a pizza and doritos!

I'm not great with measuring for recipes as I do most of it by eye so here are approx amounts for 4 people, but I would adapt to personal taste -

Pork Souvlaki

Pork - I used diced leg with fat removed, I have used shoulder in the past too. You could try fillet but might be a bit dry
1/2 small glass red wine (I used the bottle I was drinking so counted it with the syns)
2 x Tbsp Dried oregano
2 garlic cloves pureed with pestle and mortar with salt
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
S&P

Mix together and leave to marinade for about 2 hours

Minted Lamb

Lamb Mince - I made my own as not been able to find XL lamb mince
3 cloves garlic pureed as above
Big handful of fresh mint finely chopped
S&P

Ooh I also made a tzatziki dip too (forgot to put that on food diary but its all free) from 0% total greek yog mixed with 1/2 pureed garlic clove, grated cucumber (salted and left for 20 mins in a sieve to get rid of excess water) finely chopped mint and S&P, if you have dill this goes really well in it too but I couldn't find any.

Thread pork on skewers and shape lamb around skewer and grill until browned, I like to leave it to get charred bits on but that's a personal preference - they are both lovely on a bbq too.

x

Last edited:
Hey Hun, well done on getting back on the horse - your lunch would have left me starving though, esp after a fruir/yog brekkie! Feed me Seymour!*

Did you have a couple more syns - don't forget your syns.

*I just realised there is a probable possibility that you are younger than me and wont get the 'feed me Seymour' reference!!

Yes I had a few more, did plan a pink n white but was stuffed after the roast - and I love Little Shop of Horrors so got the reference ;) I'm not a big breakfast eater so have to force the fruit and yog down and had 3 apricots and one of alpen lights while waiting for dinner to cook. I can't starve myself I get too grumpy lol xx

Tuesday 12.06.2012

B - Activia Vanilla 0% yog with 2 x apricots. 1.5 tsp sugar (1.5) and 3 splashes milk (1.5)

L - Salad of lett, celery, sp onion, radish, cherry toms (red, orange and yellow) pepper, chicken and 3 leftover stuffing balls (0.5) Watermelon

T - JP with chicken sweetcorn and 2 tbsp XL mayo mix (1 for mayo) with large salad of lett, cuc, peppers, toms, r onion, sp onion, radish, celery & and moooli 30g cheddar (HEA)

Snacks - Apple, 2 x alpen lights (HEB) Pink n White (2.5)

Syns 7/15
Total 100/105

Last edited:
Thanks Charley, was quite impressed with myself that I opted for ham salad sandwiches esp as the OH was sat eating a pizza and doritos!

I'm not great with measuring for recipes as I do most of it by eye so here are approx amounts for 4 people, but I would adapt to personal taste -

Pork Souvlaki

Pork - I used diced leg with fat removed, I have used shoulder in the past too. You could try fillet but might be a bit dry
1/2 small glass red wine (I used the bottle I was drinking so counted it with the syns)
2 x Tbsp Dried oregano
2 garlic cloves pureed with pestle and mortar with salt
2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
S&P

Minted Lamb

Lamb Mince - I made my own as not been able to find XL lamb mince
3 cloves garlic pureed as above
Big handful of fresh mint finely chopped
S&P

Ooh I also made a tzatziki dip too (forgot to put that on food diary but its all free) from 0% total greek yog mixed with 1/2 pureed garlic clove, grated cucumber (salted and left for 20 mins in a sieve to get rid of excess water) finely chopped mint and S&P, if you have dill this goes really well in it too but I couldn't find any.

Thread pork on skewers and shape lamb around skewer and grill until browned, I like to leave it to get charred bits on but that's a personal preference - they are both lovely on a bbq too.

x

These sound lovely Vic, thanks!

Yes I had a few more, did plan a pink n white but was stuffed after the roast - and I love Little Shop of Horrors so got the reference ;) I'm not a big breakfast eater so have to force the fruit and yog down and had 3 apricots and one of alpen lights while waiting for dinner to cook. I can't starve myself I get too grumpy lol xx

I never used to eat breakfast, but I try and make myself get up earlier and have something before work - not always achievable but I do find myself starving by lunchtime if I only have fruit and yog...although saying that, I only have a light brekkie if I know its going to be a big lunch/dinner.

BTW - I just went onto Slimming Eats, I am so delighted that there is a low syn stuffing ball! I love stuffing and I could eat the whole lot for 2.5 syns!!!! I am not down with the old 'cup' measurements though, how much bulgar wheat did you use? Or do you have cups?

They were lovely and nice cold with a salad too, although I do have weird food taste sometimes. I looked online and I swear it said 175ml is approx 1/2 a cup but my pyrex jug only starts at 200ml so I did somewhere around 175ml soaked in bolied water for 20 mins or so. When I looked again 1/2 a cup is 125 ml :confused: Anyway as I was making it there didn't seem to be enough sausagemeat - no surprise with the extra bulgur wheat - so I used 4 Sainsbos BGTY 0.5syn sausages instead of 3. I didn't use the apple either as it was with chicken, bet it would be nice with pork though, so I chucked in a bit of extra onion and a little more sage than suggested. Worked out at 2 syns for the whole lot and it made 14 balls. I'm gutted OH snaffled the rest of them now!

I leave the house for work at 7 in the morning so the only way I can eat brekkie is at my desk when I get in which limits options a little, but getting up at 6 is early enough, no breakfast could tempt me out of bed any earlier than that!! Even [STRIKE]pain au chocolate[/STRIKE]!

WI day this morning and 4.5lb off!!! Yaaaaaay!!!!
Really pleased with that although I expect some of the gain last week was due to water retention.
I think I am going to carry on with using syns weekly instead of daily, as long as I use a minimum of 5 a day. It seems to have worked well this time and hopefully I will be less inclined to go off the rails if I know I have extra saved for wine etc. Can only give it a go anyway.

Wednesday 13.06.2012

B - Activia 0% Pineapple with Cherries and Strawbs. 1 sugar (1) and 2 splashes milk (1)

L - Small JP with chicken and sweetcorn mayo mix (0.5 for tbsp mayo) Same salad as last night. Strawbs and cherries

T - Smoked salmon philly (75g light philly HEA) pasta with onion, garlic, parsley, chives, asparagus, peas and green beans. (1.5 for tbsp parmesan)

Snacks - Apple and 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB) 2 apricots, 1 x BGTY sainsbo sausage (0.5)

Syns planned so far - 4.5
Weekly total - 4.5 / 105

Last edited:
Corblimey said:
WI day this morning and 4.5lb off!!! Yaaaaaay!!!!
Really pleased with that although I expect some of the gain last week was due to water retention.
I think I am going to carry on with using syns weekly instead of daily, as long as I use a minimum of 5 a day. It seems to have worked well this time and hopefully I will be less inclined to go off the rails if I know I have extra saved for wine etc. Can only give it a go anyway.

Wednesday 13.06.2012

B - Activia 0% Pineapple with Cherries and Strawbs. 1 sugar (1) and 2 splashes milk (1)

L - Small JP with chicken and sweetcorn mayo mix (0.5 for tbsp mayo) Same salad as last night. Strawbs and cherries

T - Smoked salmon philly (75g light philly HEA) pasta with asparagus, peas, green beans and broccoli (1.5 for tbsp parmesan)

Snacks - Apple and 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB)

Syns planned so far - 4
Weekly total -

Oh wow, that's amazing! Well done lovey. I think I might try that too - weekly syns. Will you give yourself the full 15 x 7? (I can't figure this out with my calc!! That way I can count my wine into the plan!

Yeah for the moment I will give myself the full 105 for the week, but I have a lot to lose! That way I can reduce if it seems to stop working. Perhaps by having them there I won't use them all, my brain seems to work strange like that. I have had a pack of french fries in my desk at work since Monday and I haven't eaten them yet but I think that's because they are there if that makes sense, if they weren't I would be craving them.
x

Yeah for the moment I will give myself the full 105 for the week, but I have a lot to lose! That way I can reduce if it seems to stop working. Perhaps by having them there I won't use them all, my brain seems to work strange like that. I have had a pack of french fries in my desk at work since Monday and I haven't eaten them yet but I think that's because they are there if that makes sense, if they weren't I would be craving them.
x

Yeah, I understand that - 105 seems a lot and tbh during the week if I don't have anything going on, I could easily keep to between 5 - 7 per day. I totally get the crisp thing too. I have a pack of four cadburys light mousses in the fridge at home, but because they are a few syns, I would rather not waste the syns of an evening, because I have used various during the day for other things. I personally would rather waste syns on making my meals taste nicer than using them for snacks. Saying that I have no plans to use many syns today, so I am having some WW crisps at some point today. The thing is I get seduced when I go shopping by low cal/syn treats and buy them. I have now got loads of treats and I don't wanna waste my syns on them!

But then again, when I fall off the wagon, I will eat them - not just one though, I will eat the whole lot! I haven't had a "f**k it" moment in a while though! Neither have you, have you? You seem really on track at the moment, even on the weekend when you went over, you were still wary and not at all out of control.

Yeah, I understand that - 105 seems a lot and tbh during the week if I don't have anything going on, I could easily keep to between 5 - 7 per day. I totally get the crisp thing too. I have a pack of four cadburys light mousses in the fridge at home, but because they are a few syns, I would rather not waste the syns of an evening, because I have used various during the day for other things. I personally would rather waste syns on making my meals taste nicer than using them for snacks. Saying that I have no plans to use many syns today, so I am having some WW crisps at some point today. The thing is I get seduced when I go shopping by low cal/syn treats and buy them. I have now got loads of treats and I don't wanna waste my syns on them!

But then again, when I fall off the wagon, I will eat them - not just one though, I will eat the whole lot! I haven't had a "f**k it" moment in a while though! Neither have you, have you? You seem really on track at the moment, even on the weekend when you went over, you were still wary and not at all out of control.

No - touch wood my last feck it moment was the Jubilee weekend, since then I have been on track completely if I count syns as weekly not daily. I know it doesn't sound it but it's an achievement for me and every syn has been recorded. I didn't initally choose to drink the beer either, I was happily sat at the pub drinking diet coke until a friend decided to buy me a pint, I could and should have passed it to someone else but I felt rude, then had another which I bought myself haha! But I kept within limits and stopped there, it could have been a lot worse, however I won't be doing that again - I could have had a full bottle of vino for that! Like I say I will see how I get on, the weekends are always my danger zone so having some syns saved makes it easier and I can enjoy myself. Life isn't as enjoyable without wine :D
Anyway I can only give it a go, I got a good result this week so will see if it works again, if not I know where I will have to adjust.

You have done really well Charley by staying on track and it seems like you have been really enjoying the food this week. So YAY go us, we will get there ;)

Corblimey said:
No - touch wood my last feck it moment was the Jubilee weekend, since then I have been on track completely if I count syns as weekly not daily. I know it doesn't sound it but it's an achievement for me and every syn has been recorded. I didn't initally choose to drink the beer either, I was happily sat at the pub drinking diet coke until a friend decided to buy me a pint, I could and should have passed it to someone else but I felt rude, then had another which I bought myself haha! But I kept within limits and stopped there, it could have been a lot worse, however I won't be doing that again - I could have had a full bottle of vino for that! Like I say I will see how I get on, the weekends are always my danger zone so having some syns saved makes it easier and I can enjoy myself. Life isn't as enjoyable without wine :D
Anyway I can only give it a go, I got a good result this week so will see if it works again, if not I know where I will have to adjust.

You have done really well Charley by staying on track and it seems like you have been really enjoying the food this week. So YAY go us, we will get there ;)

Aah a total wino like me. I love the stuff, I am an indoor drinker too. I usually only drink on Friday or saturday though, rarely on a school night! I love sitting indoors with a bottle of red by my side!!

I like you an happy to sit in a pub nursing a diet coke, but once you get the taste of it..!

I am going out on Friday night with some very old friends who I haven't seen for a long time and they are massive drinkers. Now I an skint at the moment and also trying to keep a lid on the syns, but they won't understand that notion as they would Just buy me drinks all night, so I am planning to tell them I am not drinking ie going tee total for a while, which I am hoping they will accept. I will let you know how I get on.

Have you still not told your friends you are doing this? Maybe if you did thy would think twice about buying you beer (which IMHO is soooooooo a waste of syns, wine however...!)

Thursday 14.06.2012

B - Banana, Activia 0% vanilla yog & strawbs. Milk for brews = HEA, 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Ham and egg salad - lett, toms, red onion, peppers and celery, cucumber and carrot sticks. Strawbs and cherries.

T - Kipper and crushed new potato herby thing with broccoli and green beans (2 syns for tsp butter)

Snacks - Apple, 2 x Alpen Lights HEB, Pink n White (2.5)

Syns planned so far - 5.5
Weekly total - 10/105 = 90 left

Need to go shopping after work, again! It's unbelievable how much fruit and veg we have been going through recently, still better than crappy unhealthy foods

Last edited:
Last nights mahoosive portion of pasta which was delicious but my eyes were definitely bigger than my belly, thankfully OH usually manages to polish off any food I don't eat - Sometimes before I have finished eating grrrr!

Cor blimey (get it!) that looks handsome Vickie, apart from the peas which, IMO together with Ginger are the devils food - although oddly I like mushy peas and also fresh peas from their pods - so maybe they aren't the devils food.... :confused:

Can I have the recipe purlease?

ps. I totally would have done that meal - I am a pasta monster - just wondering, how much do you usually put in for spaghetti? My usual rule of thumb is half a pack for two people, which is generous (in fact Mick think I serve him too much, I think its fine!), the other day I greedily had three portions from a whole packet....to myself!!!!

Back