Core Plan

lucysmommy

Gold Member
hiya

see the list if core foods on my long and bumpy journey website is it up to date?

any replies would be fab:D

I did Core last year, a lot of the foods on the Filling Foods list seem to be from the old Core list. Do you subscribe to the WW website?

Edit-just had a wee peeksie on the site and from what I can see on the new version of Core you eat foods from the Filling Food list and then anything that's not a filling food has to be deducted from your 21 points per week. Doesn't really seem that different. The food list is probably the same. I guess you just have to make sure that 90% of what you eat has the green diamond by it

yeah i do

is it on there?
x

I think, in Plan manger, you can change your points tracker to Simply Filling or whatever the new name for Core is. There may be a bit more info on it, I'm really not sure-I'm still getting used to e source. So do they never mention this plan in the meetings then?

it was never mentioned to me, not sure about other meetings tho

i was given the wee blue booklet thing

some of them are green tho, maybe thats the simply filling books?

x

it was never mentioned to me, not sure about other meetings tho

i was given the wee blue booklet thing

some of them are green tho, maybe thats the simply filling books?

x

I'm really not sure babe, I've only got the first week's booklet. I might ask at my meeting on Saturday. If all else fails, why don't you just try the original Core plan? I don't reckon there's much of a difference in it. You may as well ask your leader, after all, that's why she's there!

ooh just searched for simply filling on the WW site and it told me that all the foods with the green diamonds are the simply foods :)

yay

thanks you for all your help hunni

xx

ooh just searched for simply filling on the WW site and it told me that all the foods with the green diamonds are the simply foods :)

yay

thanks you for all your help hunni

xx

You're welcome. I'll be keeping my eye on how you get along on Simply Filling because if I can't get used to this points business I'll be swapping plans!

there is a wee section on the side and its called simply filling list - i assume all these foods are free? grrrrrrrrr they have put points next to them instead of leaving out and confusing me lol
x

What you have to remember is that the core plan doesnt really exist anymore, from what i understand there is only points now but they encourage you to eat more of the simply filling foods cos they are healthier and keep you feeling fuller for longer. I think thats why its mentioned as something seperate at the meetings

Lots of people are still unofficially following the core plan, so if i were you if you want to give it a go ,go with the long and bumpy road list cos it looks up to date.

I have done the core plan in the past , with some suucees so just yell if you wany any help ( i still have some of the old books but dont tell anyone)

ive never done the core plan have you ever done points to compare it to ?is it better than the points or is it a personal thing maybe?

ive never done the core plan have you ever done points to compare it to ?is it better than the points or is it a personal thing maybe?

I think it's very much a personal thing. Whern I first joined WW I was on Core plan and so far I prefer it to counting points. But I've only been back at WW for a few days. I'm going to give points a chance, I can always go back to Core. One thing I noticed was I had a tendancy to let my portion sizes get out of control on Core :(

I think it's very much a personal thing. Whern I first joined WW I was on Core plan and so far I prefer it to counting points. But I've only been back at WW for a few days. I'm going to give points a chance, I can always go back to Core. One thing I noticed was I had a tendancy to let my portion sizes get out of control on Core :(

thats what scares me, not able to control portions

i think i will stick with points just now and see how i go
x

core

yeah m8 i think its a case of needing to be regimented and strict in my case because the core would probably give me a sense of too much freedom i know i would eat the right foods but at the same time i know i would eat too much of it so i think i will carry on counting points for another 80pounds yet :)

I loved core and now I'm doing intuitive eating which is the same principle of learning to listen to your body and stop eating when you're full. It can be hard to do that when you're used to overeating or comfort eating - I know it's taken me a long time and I'm not even sure I've cracked it now!

Happy to advise anyone on Core if they want though as I did it for quite a while with some success x

core/points

i went back to my ww book from when i first joined and reread it.although the core plan sounds good and makes sense i still think i would over eat even though the foods are healthy,i mean im sure its possible to put weight on eating too much meat and potato meals:Dso i think im going to stick to the points,but you make a good point though,that you can always swap plans from week to week so maybe you should just do one week of core,one of points and then compare at the end of the fornight maybe that will give you a better idea of which one youre more comfortable with:D

Back