Corned Beef syns value please?

Maximus

Gold Member
I know one of the books I have says Asda Corned beef per 20g slice. (0.5 syn or 2 syns on Green)

But the one I have has 5 slices and 170g (so approx 34g each at a guess):eek: should I just double the 20g to approximate the syn value or is it not as simple as that?

Even using the syn calculator on the SW website I can't find Corned Beef. Might be just me being a div;)

Values as below:

Per 100g Energy 228Kcal
Protein 24.5g
Carbohydrate 1.0g
Fat 14g

Just fancy a change for work lunch please advise approx syn value and if possible how to work it out and where on the site to look for my future reference.

Many thanks.

Steve

Hiya, i`m new to this but i got:

19½ Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy

19½ Syns per package/portion on Green

19½ Syns per package/portion on Original

That was using the above per 100g info, and doing it as a "no free food" .... Also the 19.5 syns was for the whole pack ... so would you divide that by 5 to get each slice ?

Sorry if i`m way off, i`m still learning it all myself :)

Hiya, i`m new to this but i got:

19½ Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy

19½ Syns per package/portion on Green

19½ Syns per package/portion on Original

That was using the above per 100g info, and doing it as a "no free food" .... Also the 19.5 syns was for the whole pack ... so would you divide that by 5 to get each slice ?

Sorry if i`m way off, i`m still learning it all myself :)
Thanks Daisy;)

Was that on the SW site? - I must have missed it. The Food Directory stated 0.5 per 20g slice on Original and 2.0 on Green - so 4 per slice on Green makes sense lol.

All confusing stuff eh?

Where exactly did you look Daisy? - I'm on there now and not seeing corned beef anywhere?

I can't calculate it as nowhere showing Corned Beef - perhaps its an omen;)

Edit: no matter what I look at it is always much more on green, i.e. non-meat days.

Steve

Soz ... was tucking small boy into bed.

I did it in the online Slimming World "Syns Calculator" .. done using the info you gave me, and the drop down box of "no free food" ... Hope that helps

I see what you mean about 19.5 syns per pack. But that contradicts the Food Directory figures:confused:

I tried to look under meat but there was no corned beef category.

Would anyone else more experienced than us newbies care to comment or add where we might be going wrong?

This contadicts the 20g chilled slice considerably.

Help!

I see what you mean about 19.5 syns per pack. But that contradicts the Food Directory figures:confused:

I tried to look under meat but there was no corned beef category.

Help!

I don`t think it will be classed as "meat" as corned beef is "processed" rather than a "raw" basic meat.

Hope someone can clarify, sorry i couldn`t be of more help

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Corned beef regular 100g
[/FONT] Original 3 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 11 Syns

Corned beef lean per 100g
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 2½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 10 Syns
[/FONT]

That is from the non branded food section of syns online

and asda corned beef from brand name section

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asda Corned Beef Slices, chilled 20g slice[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original ½ Syn [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]
If you have more than 20g you would just multiply the syns to get the correct amount.

Thanks Derbynanny! - That was how I understood it but wasn't 100% - I've double the syn value as they are almost 40g slices!!

Steve

Back