Cosmetic Surgery

I had a circumferential body lift (basically a tummy tuck but it lifts up your bum too so the scar goes all around my back as well as my front) and the nhs funded it, had my 3 month check up today and I seem to be healing well.

If its seriously depressing anyone I would really recommend asking your gp to refer you to a surgeon at your nearest plastics hospital, a thigh lift and breast lift are also in the pipeline for me on the nhs, being 22 and losing 8 stone basically left me with what looked like somebody about 5x my age after 12 children's body!

Good luck with whatever any of you decide to do cosmetic surgery wise but I certainly don't regret it ;)

xxxx

WOW - that is a big lift isn't it? Glad to hear you're doing OK.

I had been saving for years for cosmetic surgery, then blew up my car and bought a brand new one, so that drained my savings

My first investment will be some Restylane type fillers in my brow and around my mouth.

I'm a long way from goal yet but having been close to it before, I know I am lucky that my tummy is not too bad. Boob lift would definitely be on the agenda though!

Ohhh yes please! :) Great topic Hannah and I so know the feeling.

The jury is still out seeing how I still have some lbs to go down on and haven't yet introduced exercise but if I'm honest I think the wisest thing to do would be to wait to A. get to goal; B. Give it the 6 months -skin needs on average that to retract if it ever will- and C. get over IVF and a pregnancy as I reckon I'll gain some weight, etc.

At the end of the day, as it stands today I'd like a bunch of things done at once: Tighs/trousers/skin pull up stuff to stretch the loose legs/butt skin; a lift and implant (CD took my beloved tits!) and some Restylane injection in my lips (optional LOL) Maybe after a baby I'll need a TT too but for now I'm lucky. It's not perfectly taunt unless I suck it in but it's sure not an apron.

Belgium then? Hmmmm good point.

My old CDC went to Tunisia for her tummy tuck, she was featured in the CD mag (can't remember for the life of me what it is called!) She thinks it is the best thing she has ever done and would recommend it to anyone

2 of my dieters have been to the same place in tunisia and rave about it. one lady has been many times having diff ops done. she has had tummy tuck (about £1.5k i think!!!!) and boob uplift and face lift and lipo... her friend has had nose job and lipo.

the surgeon always says the lady 1 'is ther anything else you want done whilst you are under?' lol and just does it for free. ie lipo.

they have nothing bad to say about the clinic and prices are soooo low its mad!
and their results have been amazing!!!!

Hmm, sometimes i don't know whether its just implants that i need or both implant uplift. My boobs are quite saggy, there is no volume until the nipple part and then they kind of just hang. :(
Think i will have a consultation when i get to target.

you can measure this!

if your nipples are more than 23cm from the top of your shoulder then you do!

lol, i have had some consults for a lift and they all measure this!

apparently 20-23 is borderline and can get away with an implant or just a nipple lift and after 23cm then its a lift all the way!

or if your nipples are in line with the crease underneath your boobs an implant can be used. if lower than your crease then a lift!

sorry i sound like an expert :rolleyes:

Now obviously this has nothing to do with my weightlosss.. but since one of my 18yr old students had a nose job which looks fantastic I've been thinking about it. As a kid I used to hate my nose but got used to it and now it's got me thinking. Someone told me it's £6000 to have it done. Has anyone had their's done? xxx

another of my ladies has just been to a clinic in prague and had one (as well as implants) and she looks fab!

cheap too. google derma clinic or something in prague.

my mum and sis have had one too. both got good results. lucky me got a small nose :D thank god!

x

oh and both my mum and o/h mum have had TT in the uk with great results and no complications!

lol, everyone around me has had something done, maybe its my turn!

i say if you are depressed about something then why not change it, it certainly has improved the lives of alot of people around me.

x

yup, in fact i have the cd mag that was mentioned earlier. i shall dig it out and give you the name of the clinic. and also prague, derma clinic i think. a lady runs it and does all of the surgery herself. my dieter was soooo happy with her nose and boobs x

I had my chest reduction done via the NHS but then with the back problems I was having I would have cost the NHS more through the years having physio and such than what the actual op cost.:eek:
I do have a friend that had her TT done on the NHS due to the fact that she got heat rash under the skin flap constantly (yuck nice image!:jelous:).

Well I'd feel bad because, yes I lost the weight myself and may be saving them money in the future, but the NHS is so stretched anyway! And I don't have any real medical reasons for getting it all done (yet) it's more vanity lol xx

I have actually been pondering a prophylactic mastectomy and reconstruction surgery all in one. My mother has BC, was diagnosed early and I am high risk so I figured I may as well if I am to redo them anyhow :)

Will take so long to get it on the NHS, you definatly shouldnt feel bad about it when you finaly get it :p

Hannah, I understand your feelings about the guilty side of using the nhs to have a tummy tuck and I did experience similar thoughts but then I thought to be honest I lost all of the weight off my own back (no pun intended!) I didn't go and ask for a gastric band which costs the nhs around £7k-£10k and there are plenty of people out there who use the nhs for things like beating alcohol, drug addictions, people that smoke and end up with lung cancer due to it etc, so in my opinion if it mentally affects you to the point where you really need it done then you shouldn't feel guilty.

I was at the point of being utterly depressed and couldn't really see any other options, I'm having counselling but again I'm paying for it as the nhs waiting list for therapy is so long but at the end of the day in terms of asking the nhs for help with regard to cosmetic surgery you do pay your taxes for the nhs to be there when you need them!

Sorry for the rant just wanted to give the opinion of someone thats been through it!

xxxxx

Back