Costa flat White

kerry b

Silver Member
Can anyone tell me how many syns in a flat white coffe from costa, made with skimmed milk? I think i'm being good but would like to check. Thanks

I used to work there, and theres a book with all the calorie values, its quite shocking actually. I cant really remember, but I don't think its any more than 150 calories with skimmed milk. No idea about syns, but it shouldnt be that many! xxx

When I asked for a skinny Flat White, I was told it didn't work with the skimmed milk! :eek: Did you have one? They look really nice!

That's strange. Yes i had one and was surprised at how nice it was and it was def skim milk coz i stood and watched them pour the milk. It will be my new drink now as im completely fed up with peppermint tea

Yeah, youre not supposed to do them with skimmed milk, but most people will. It doesnt work as well, but if somebody wants it, i dont see the problem! I'm missing my vanilla latte's :(

Yeah, I was a vanilla latte girl too. Hubby still has that and lets me lick his spoon. Yum. I found the flat white delicious so cant see why skim milk shouldnt be used. Or am I missing something mega delicious by not having full fat milk? (which actually makes me feel sick now).

I used to work there, and theres a book with all the calorie values, its quite shocking actually. I cant really remember, but I don't think its any more than 150 calories with skimmed milk. No idea about syns, but it shouldnt be that many! xxx

150 calories will be about seven and a half syns :)

Costa Coffee Flat Coffee, Skimmed primo[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
5 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green 5 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

What is a flat white that gives it so many syns.

I always thought it was an americano with a splash of milk.

I always have a skinny primo cappuccino at 2 syns and always thought that was the most.

Hey =] I work at a costa, so just thought i'd explain for you.
What makes the flat white so different to say a cappucino or latte is the way the milk is textured. Its done in a way to create micro bubbles, which is what makes it so smooth.
This happens because of the reaction the enzymes in the whole milk has with the heat of the steam.
They can be done with skimmed, but when skimmed milk is treated to remove the fat, some or most of the enzymes are killed off. So its not as smooth. You get more air bubbles in it, and its harder to draw the florette =P
I always explain this to customers, but if they're ok with it, i am =]

Hope this helps x

Hey =] I work at a costa, so just thought i'd explain for you.
What makes the flat white so different to say a cappucino or latte is the way the milk is textured. Its done in a way to create micro bubbles, which is what makes it so smooth.
This happens because of the reaction the enzymes in the whole milk has with the heat of the steam.
They can be done with skimmed, but when skimmed milk is treated to remove the fat, some or most of the enzymes are killed off. So its not as smooth. You get more air bubbles in it, and its harder to draw the florette =P
I always explain this to customers, but if they're ok with it, i am =]

Hope this helps x

Thanks. I think 5 syns not too bad as it Is lovely. Didn't realise making it was quite so technical/ scientific though.

Pick your brains if I can. What would you recommend as the best coffee to have syn wise?

I wouldn't say 5 syns is that bad but it only comes in a primo, I imagne if they were in a medio or massimo they could get quite hefty =/

Erm, without being boring and opting for an americano with skimmed milk, i'd say a skinny cappucino.
There's half as much milk in there compared to a latte, as its frothed to double its volume.

Another pointer though, dont opt for the lemon and orange muffin, even if it is less than 5% fat. They are bad - 18 syns on all plans!

Its terrible trying to resist when i'm putting all the cakes out!

Hope this helps =] x

I would say an americano with skimmed milk on the side - or just use your HEA for the milk and your flat white will be free :)

Back