Costco SW Finds

Mrs_H

I love to shop at Costco! Just wondering if anyone else does and what you stock up on SW wise?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

We only really buy chicken, diet coke, muller lights, passata, apples, spinach and cucumbers! Oh and peppers! They don't do alpen lights which is a shame.

Oh and their flora light works out cheap and if the robinsons is on offer we stock up!

We use makro but its a similar format I like to stock up on meat(mince, chicken, gammon etc) and prawns for freezer! Diet coke/coke zero, sparkling water! Tins like chopped toms and beans! But there's always stuff bought we didn't know we needed!

lamb and pork fillets for me and a whole salmon is about a tenner! luckily I am handy with a knife so can fillet it and portion up for my freezer.

it does cost you to join £35ish for a year but you more than make up for that in savings in my opinion. Saying that I only use it for the things above, washing liquid/fabric softener and also around xmas time for their kids toys and books!

I live on my own, don't have a freezer, and don't buy in bulk, so I wouldn't be their ideal customer, even if they would let me have a card, which they wouldn't!

I can quite see that it would be a useful place for others, but not for me.

I use Makro too, went last night actually...
We spent £150 on meat but that does two big gym going protein eaters a whole month, even more of salmon, steak, pork steaks, chicken breasts. We have two freezers and filled 5 drawers with meat!

I agree their salmon is really good value. I have bought the big packs of chicken before but have a feeling it may be cheaper at my butcher, going to figure that out this week!

My favourite finds were tomberries (really tiny little plum tomatoes) and baby cucumbers. Not as cheap as buying some cherry tomatoes and a cucumber at the supermarket but really yummy! Diet coke is my weakness so trying to avoid buying it in bulk too often :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back