Cottage Cheese ? Filthy Muck or a Slimmers Friend ?

chips with everything

Silver Member
Someone posted something similar yesterday, and I just thought it could help some folk over the weekend. Have it prepared in the fridge for those Picky Moments.

I used to always think of Cottage Cheese as savoury because of the slight saltiness. I hated it. I do still need to squash any excess liquid out of it, but I now love it mixed with grainy French mustard, it makes a great dip for a plate of raw veggies cut into crudités. I love, carrot battons, sprigs of cauli, slices of radish, strips of coloured peppers, celery, spring onions, raw muchrooms, mange tout or sugar snap peas. Plus if you've been good .... ;) maybe a couple of broken up thin multi seeded Ryvita thins or two breadsticks ! :p Lovely and colourful and filling too.

It took a while for me to think of it as working with fruit, but I love it with melon and a little bit of cinnamon on top. Yum, Melon and cottage cheese are goes onto my shopping list for my week away:cool: Happy Easter xx

sounds lovely! i just like mine plain.. i have it on ryvitas with sliced tomato and i used to have it with alfalfa but asda seem to have stopped selling it :(

I think i may be on the filthy muck side of the argument, never been a fan, just don't like the look of it, bit like celery, hate the look of it! All those ridged edges, yuk!! No thank you!!
x

I am def on the filthy muck side, really can't stand the stuff!!! Oooh yuck just htinking about it!!!

I love cottage cheese - always have. Can eat it straight out of the tub - maybe I'm just odd:eek:

Have you tried it with shredded fish/crab sticks and dill mixed in? :drool:

i havent.. but i'm the same - gimme a spoon and a tub! :D x

Have you tried it with shredded fish/crab sticks and dill mixed in?

thanks for that Toots, I'd forgotten about crab sticks. They're not expensive, really low in points and I used to love them chopped up in a mixed salad. Something else for my shopping list :p

i used to think it was muck too, till i went on cambridge diet, and had it for tea one night, CC with chives and it was delicous..... funny how a no food diet can change your taste buds lol am loving WW now

I love cottage cheese. I like the plain one and also the one with pineapple in on ryvitas.

Back