cottage cheese

duncan

Silver Member
i bought some cottage cheese today, it was the (blue and white pot) from sainsbury, does anyone know that 1?????, it has less than 5% fat, is this the right one to have?????,it does say in the book reduced fat.

sorry hun cant help hate the stuff but lm sure someone will be along soon

Yes as long as it's a reduced fat one it should be fine. I bought some from tesco yesterday and mine said light choices reduced fat. I was going to grill it in mushrooms but didn't feel well so never got to try it. I'm not a huge fan but i'll give it a go,lol

Hi Duncan - I'm not familiar with Sainsbury's products, but if you have a look at page 33 of your Yellow Book, you'll see that plain cottage cheese is (on average) 4.3% fat, while reduced fat plain cottage cheese is 1.5%, and therefore has one-fifth fewer Calories.

The one you've bought won't do much harm just this once, but try to find a lower fat one next time. As the book says on page 8, plain is 5% fat, reduced is less than 2% fat.

No matter what the fancy label says, we should all make sure we read the nutrition panel on the pack, under the column marked "per 100g". My Co-op "reduced fat natural cottage cheese" says 1.5 g, meaning it's 1.5% fat.

Personally, I hate the wet-lumps-in-water aspect of cottage cheese, so I pierce the bottom of the tub to let the water escape down the plug hole for an hour or two - much better!

Hi Duncan - I'm not familiar with Sainsbury's products, but if you have a look at page 33 of your Yellow Book, you'll see that plain cottage cheese is (on average) 4.3% fat, while reduced fat plain cottage cheese is 1.5%, and therefore has one-fifth fewer Calories.

The one you've bought won't do much harm just this once, but try to find a lower fat one next time. As the book says on page 8, plain is 5% fat, reduced is less than 2% fat.

No matter what the fancy label says, we should all make sure we read the nutrition panel on the pack, under the column marked "per 100g". My Co-op "reduced fat natural cottage cheese" says 1.5 g, meaning it's 1.5% fat.

Personally, I hate the wet-lumps-in-water aspect of cottage cheese, so I pierce the bottom of the tub to let the water escape down the plug hole for an hour or two - much better!
thank you

Back