Couch to 10k.

RubyMoss

Silver Member
Hey there!

I've decided to get back into my weight loss and fitness regime, so I have returned to this site after a long time away!

Has anyone used this app to help with their running?
I'm about to set off to do day 1 and I'm nervous because I'm absolutely atrocious at running!

Any tips? :)

Oh yeah, sorry, I downloaded the iPhone application called "Couch to 10K"

xxx

:confused:

eye-ball-phone.jpg

:D

I'm not familiar with that particular app but there is a well-known "Couch to 5k" programme produced by the Cool Running website (great site by the way) and that's a fantastic introductory programme for people who are wanting to get into running for the first time.

Ahh, nice one!

I usually avoid anything that involves running, but if I'm being eased into it, hopefully I'll manage.

I think this programme spans 13 weeks, working out 3 days a week, so it seems manageable.

The only thing i would say is id start with the couch to 5k first. I downloaded the 5k app and started it and was really enjoying it but got to week 2 and the pain in my leg bone was unbearable i could hardly run let alone walk! Ive had to rest for 3 weeks so far just to get my legs right and realised even though it was a beginners programme it was just 2 much for my body so i found a different running plan in one of my old sw mags and downloaded an interval timer app to help me with the timings and gonna start again next week. The app is great though just take it slow maybe do 2 of each week if youre not used to running

I have just doen the couch to 5k but not used the app as I dont have an I phone :p
I found it ok but I still cannot run non stop for the 5k I tend to run 2.5 then walk for 100 metres then run again, think its possibly my age and years and years of being unfit :( I am running the race for life this sunday hoping I manage to do it without stopping. Planning to keep it up too once I have done the race.

One thing tho dont expect it to speed up your weight loss In fact to begin with it may slow it down it did with me then all of a sudden I was back to losing 2lb or 1lb a week. :)

I've just downloaded a podcast to my ipod for a 5k training programme - Haven't been out yet, but definately will start soon!!! I just love the idea of someone telling me when to stop and start running and walking. I'm rubbish if i go out on my own, which is why i've not done anything for the last few months, well year really!!

I started the C25K. its a very good app I would agree that you are better starting with that, then move onto C10K.

Heh, I too got the c25k app, and havent started it yet because I am terrified of running and dropping my phone! I need some sort of strap-on device. Or something... yes. :8855:

Yeah I found it a pain running with my iPhone today, had to hold it in my hand because I had no pockets!

Will have to sort this out! :)

I'm definitely extremely unfit, I nearly died! :D

Yeah I found it a pain running with my iPhone today, had to hold it in my hand because I had no pockets!

You could try tucking it into you bra!!?? That is where my phone spends most of its time when I am at work lol!!

I have downloaded the C25K podcasts, but not actually started it yet. My headphones won't fit/stay in my freakishly small ears. I know it is a poor excuse, but I'm sticking to it!!

Heh, I too got the c25k app, and havent started it yet because I am terrified of running and dropping my phone! I need some sort of strap-on device. Or something... yes. :8855:

:8855::8855:

I got a sports band for mine, it fits around your upper arm so its out of the way! I was off ebay for £19.99.

I got a sports band for mine, it fits around your upper arm so its out of the way! I was off ebay for £19.99.

Great idea! Will definitely have to invest in that, if I ever have a spare £20 - otherwise I'll be resorting to elastic bands! Hahaha.

Update: Just found this, £2.84 so bought it, hopefully it'll be decent enough! :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sport-Black-Arm-band-Skin-Case-Holder-iPhone-3G-3GS-/400129001111?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_PortableAudio_MP3PlayerCasesSkins&hash=item5d298c0697#ht_1681wt_1139

Last edited:
Back