Couch to 5k challenge

Hi guys. I started C25k a few weeks ago and got to w2r1 and since then haven't fitted in to my busy schedule! I am on maternity leave and have 3 dd's aged 3, 18 months and 3 months and my husband works shifts. DD1 has started nursery so I have just got into a routine of taking her and now need to fit C25k in again. Think it will have to be on the treadmill as it is dark when hubby gets home and I don't live in the best area! Really want to complete it as I have signed up to a 3 mile run in March! I have never been able to run before so will be such an achievement if I do it. :)

Good luck pinklady. I completed it earlier this year in time for race for life. Such a sense of achievement.

How's things with u maggie sak? X

How's things with u maggie sak? X

My leg muscles feel funny but I have managed to do day 1 week 7. Feels lonely here as I seem to be only one updating :).

Maggie_Sak said:
My leg muscles feel funny but I have managed to do day 1 week 7. Feels lonely here as I seem to be only one updating :).

Oooh maggiesak - I feel for u! Was so busy here a while ago. Why not do a search for other c25k threads and see if there are any which are more up to date?

But if u find any, make sure u come back from time to time to update me!!! X

Can I join? I have been running a little already so I started yesterday on day 1 week 5. I might have to repeat this week though before I move on to week 6! I'll probably update after each run if that's ok. It will hopefully keep me motivated.

I ran quite a lot this week I did Week 5 day 1 twice, day 2 twice and day 3 once. It's really addictive. I couldn't run 20 mins continuously before so I'm really please I managed to do day 3.

oh my days i feels so crap!! i started this thread so motivated was doing so well in my couch to 5 k and then my life went a bit into overdrive i moved house and county so im now up north not down south i put weight back on tried weight watchers lasted a massive 4 weeks and lost 3lb and tried healthy eating alone but failed miserably and last thursday 10 minutes before my local class started i decided enough is enough and ran like hell (withough changing ect) to class i rejoined im back on the wagon so to speak and am going back out on day 1 week 1 this afternoon so well done to all of you long timers good luck to all the new starters and keep going to all the ppl in mid app

Don't be disheartened, I'm sure you'll be back into in no time.
I made it to the end of week 6 and then my weight loss stalled a bit so I started doing interval training because I read that is much more effective at burning fat and boosting your metabolism than running continuously at the same speed.
Thinking of mixing it up with week seven though because I really liked the sense of progress and achievement you get with the couch2 5k programme.
Anyway, hope it goes well, glad someone replied because I thought I was the only one with an eye on this thread.

It's an old thread but I am back and determined!!
Good luck for week 7 I'll have to bear the interval training in mind if I ever get to week six xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Can I join this thread? I've decided that I'm going to start C25K tomorrow. I've started it once or twice before but only lasted a week or 2. I'd say I've put on a tonne of weight this week so need to start exercising to get it moving! It's only 3 times a week isn't it? That should be very manageable.

Me too! did my first run yesterday - really proud of myself - I know it's not much but at 53 with a 16 year old hip replacement and only ever walked on the treadmill its a great achievement. This morning feel good, no hip pain and looking forward to day 2 tomorrow. It has certainly helped me to focus on getting back on the straight and narrow after the Christmas binge.

huntsu1 said:
Me too! did my first run yesterday - really proud of myself - I know it's not much but at 53 with a 16 year old hip replacement and only ever walked on the treadmill its a great achievement. This morning feel good, no hip pain and looking forward to day 2 tomorrow. It has certainly helped me to focus on getting back on the straight and narrow after the Christmas binge.

That's fab your doing great!! I've had to rest my runs for a little while as I fell drunk and have (I think) sprained my ankle it's like a tree trunk and I can't put any weight on it but as soon as it's mended I'll be back out there

Its 3 times a week chick but some people like to do more or repeat a week til they feel confident to move onto the next week

Day 1 done! Well kind of... I was using the couch to 5k iphone app & it didn't seem to tell me when to walk & run like it should have. I still did all the running bits though I think. Hopefully it'll work ok on Wed.

slimming sinead said:
Day 1 done! Well kind of... I was using the couch to 5k iphone app & it didn't seem to tell me when to walk & run like it should have. I still did all the running bits though I think. Hopefully it'll work ok on Wed.

It beeps on mine as that's what I chose but check your settings and make sure the voice cues are switched on by clicking the "I" info button on top right hand corner and then settings from bottom.

I'm assuming app is the same on all phones but that is how it works on iPhone

Thanks a million Karen. I'll try the beeps on Wed.

aesir22 said:
Thread revival!

I'm starting c25k after work this afternoon. Its gonna hurt so good :)

I've been banging my gums about restarting ck25 for weeks so I guess I'll join you!!

I'll be going out about 7 so will post on here how I do about 8 I hope,

Good luck x

I'm on my way home from work now to do Week 5 Day 3 - my first 20 min run! I'm v scared but will try my best.

Best of luck to you starting out. It's a great plan.

Back