Couch to 5k challenge

slimming sinead said:
I'm on my way home from work now to do Week 5 Day 3 - my first 20 min run! I'm v scared but will try my best.

Best of luck to you starting out. It's a great plan.

I got to week 4 last time and kept talking myself out of wk4 1 one so going to keep repeating wk 3 when I get there if it happens again

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Karen.hat said:
I got to week 4 last time and kept talking myself out of wk4 1 one so going to keep repeating wk 3 when I get there if it happens again

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It's a great idea to have a plan like that Karen. All I tell myself every evening I go out is that I'll try my best & that I can always just walk if I really need to. I don't know how but it's worked so far. I actually did my 20 min run this evening!

Fab to see this thread being used again! I completed it in about May last year. Don't get to do much running now but I aim to get back to it as soon as I can. X

Well done on the 20 min run. It's a great feeling. I did the c25k last year and still try to do one run a week. I have found it hard over winter as it's dark in morning and dark when I get home. Can't wait for spring and I shall do more.

W1D2 done. It was tough yesterday actually, harder than day one. Maybe because I'd been on my feet all day with work

aesir22 said:
W1D2 done. It was tough yesterday actually, harder than day one. Maybe because I'd been on my feet all day with work

Well done aesir. I've read a lot of people saying that they find day 2 the most difficult most weeks. For me I find running at the weekend the hardest for some reason. Best of luck with day 3!

Just ate a banana I'd put in the freezer for a couple of hours. It was great, just like ice cream!!!

Did a brisk brisk walk on an incline today for exercise. W1d3 tomorrow for me :) anyone else got exercise plans?

I bought a load of running gear on line today in the hope that it will inspire me to find more time to fit it into my week! New jacket, gloves, pants, sock - everything!! My little asics clad feet will soon be hitting the Tarmac again!!!

Well done Aesir! X

Yaaay lets all jump on the running wagon :)

I ordered some new gear on friday. Mainly some new running shoes. Cant wait for them to come!!

Hey new to this thread but had already started on c25k... I did week 3 day 1 today and will prob do day 2 on wednesday. I usually hate running but it's not bad at the moment. Fingers crossed xx

Hi everyone, thought you might like to keep up to date with each others' progress? Don't worry if not, I just found it really useful last year!!!

Aesir - Week 1, Day 3
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
CharleyBar - Week 3, Day 1
KarenHat - ?
Slimming Sinaed - Week 5, Run 3??

x

I use Get Running on my iphone- it's great!
Week 3 Run 3 completed today.

Aesir - Week 1, Day 3
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
CharleyBar - Week 3, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Slimming Sinaed - Week 5, Run 3??

Lisamc86 said:
Im wanting to start this tomorrow... Which app do people use?? xx

I used get running too. X

Great idea!