Couch to 5k challenge

Maggie_Sak said:
I had to stop for a couple of weeks as I have been really down with a bad cold. I'm ok now but I am still coughing up a bit of phlegm. I want to resume on Monday, problem is, I don't know where to start from. Should I redo week 5 and then move on to week 6 or just get on with week 6?

How were you getting on with week 5? There is no harm in redoing it-it's only an extra 3 runs :) x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

How were you getting on with week 5? There is no harm in redoing it-it's only an extra 3 runs :) x

I didn't do too bad actually though I did struggle with the 20 min run. I had to stop half way for about 30sec which wasn't too bad. I will repeat week 5 and only because week 7 is a whole 23min, just wanna make sure I am ready for that. So week 5 and then on to week 6. I will do every other day rather than 3 times a week as I want to fast track so I don't make excuses once it gets too cold. :)

So got back into it today. Decided to redo week 5, glad I did coz I think I am a bit out of it. I struggled with the first two 5 min runs as I had to stop a couple of times to get my breath. Last 5 min run was ok. Looking forward to Tuesday to see if I can manage the 8 min run without stopping.

Hi guys. I'm following the c25k programme. So far I'm really enjoying it. Finished w3d3 on Friday and starting w4 tomorrow.

Up until just over a year ago I was running quite a bit and did 2 10k's last Summer but was running outside and I admit that when it started to get cold I stopped. Looking forward to being able to run 5k again, and hopefully working back up to 10k. xx

Well, I've just got back from the gym and completed w4d1. Wasn't too bad. I'm sure people must be watching me though and wondering why on earth I'm changing pace all the time!! Shower and work now :( xx

Well done! Just off to the gym to do wk1 d2 of b210k x

Thanks! :D. Good luck with b210. Obviously it's a lot more challenging and I'm in awe of you. Keep it up.

Well done! Just off to the gym to do wk1 d2 of b210k x

How did it go?? How are you finding the b210k?? I've downloaded it already and it looks sooooooo scary!!!

rachel1984 said:
How did it go?? How are you finding the b210k?? I've downloaded it already and it looks sooooooo scary!!!

I was nearly at the end of wk7 of c25k for the second time-I completed it in July, and decided to do it again to increase my pace-but then decided to bite the bullet and enter a half marathon to challenge myself, so figured I'd best crack on with b210k. I hadn't run for 3.5 weeks and last Sunday went for a half hour jog-and it was a proper struggle!!! On monday I went to the gym and just thought 'sod it' if I dont do it now I never will-and started b210k!!
I must admit, like a lot of people, I really struggled with wk1d1 and almost gave up 3 mins before the end of the 4th run! But no, I completed it, and felt good about it-and now week 1 is completed and I ca safely say, I'm on my way!!! I've still got atleast 6.5 stone to lose so if I can do it.........xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

That's excellent. Well done!! I've found running to be one of the best forms of exercise to help with weight loss and it also changes your shape a lot.xx

rachel1984 said:
That's excellent. Well done!! I've found running to be one of the best forms of exercise to help with weight loss and it also changes your shape a lot.xx

I totally agree with that statement, I lost the most amount of weight whilst I was doing C25K and my shape definitely changed, unfortunately I can't run anymore but in a strange way I'm actually missing it.

I went onto a C25K forum and the majority of people there claim that it didn't help them lose weight but it definitely changed their shape and shaved off inches as well. I found it's helped me lose both weight and inches, strange but then we are all different :D.

Just came back from day 2 week 5. One more run and then I can get back to week 6. Thursday is the dreaded 20min run :eek:.

Maggie_Sak said:
Just came back from day 2 week 5. One more run and then I can get back to week 6. Thursday is the dreaded 20min run :eek:.

You'll be fab!!! I liked the 20 minute run but found it hard when I had to go back to interval afterwards!!! Good luck! X

Well done!! Thursday will be great! You'll do amazingly (though I may not be as positive week Thursday when I'm doing it!!).

Completed week 4 day 2 today. Upped the pace of the 'run's' today doing one at 8.5 km/h instead of 8km. Thinking of doing all my shorter runs at 8.5 Thursday and maybe redoing week 4 day 3 on Friday again and doing all the runs at 8.5 to see how I get on.

How is everyone else doing with pace?? xx

You'll be fab!!! I liked the 20 minute run but found it hard when I had to go back to interval afterwards!!! Good luck! X

Oh thank you hun. :D

Well done!! Thursday will be great! You'll do amazingly (though I may not be as positive week Thursday when I'm doing it!!).

Completed week 4 day 2 today. Upped the pace of the 'run's' today doing one at 8.5 km/h instead of 8km. Thinking of doing all my shorter runs at 8.5 Thursday and maybe redoing week 4 day 3 on Friday again and doing all the runs at 8.5 to see how I get on.

How is everyone else doing with pace?? xx

Thanks :D. I would love to increase my pace, at the moment I don't even know how fast I am running or how long I am running for apart from the overall minutes. What do I need to get? A stop watch?

Anyway hope you get on ok with your runs. Good luck :D.

Maggie_Sak said:
Thanks :D. I would love to increase my pace, at the moment I don't even know how fast I am running or how long I am running for apart from the overall minutes. What do I need to get? A stop watch?

Do you use the iPhone app? As I paid the extra 69p with mine to get the gps add on, and it tells me my pace :) but at the end of the day, the c25k program isn't about pace and speed, its about building up to running nonstop for 30 mins xx

Maggie_Sak said:

I have an app on my phone called endomondo which tracks the distance u cover, times and speed. Think u need an iPhone or similar as it needs 3G or something!!! I use it when I'm running or bike riding. Suppose it only works if ur outside too as opposed to treadmill! X

Back