Couch to 5k challenge

Just an update. It'll be w5d3 tomorrow...nervous!!

Aesir - Week 5, Day 2
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
CharleyBar - Week 3, Day 2
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Loosemyageinweight - Week 5 Day 2
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 6 Day 3
Slimming Sinead - Week 9, Day 1

You'll be great Aesir. You've done all the preparation & you'll be surprised that you're ready for it. Best of luck & let us know how you get on.

I finished the plan today & did my first 5k race. I was so scared I'd come last but I didn't & had my best time yet! I never thought I could do it but I did. Best of luck to the rest of you. :)

Aesir - Week 5, Day 2
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 6 Day 3
Slimming Sinead - Finished!!

Well done sinaed!! And I agree, Aesir, you'll be fine!! I am running still and have shaved 2 mins off my time. On 35:23 now. Also ran an extra km today. Invested in a heart rate monitor too and burned 470 calories in under 45 mins. X

I finished the plan today & did my first 5k race. I was so scared I'd come last but I didn't & had my best time yet! I never thought I could do it but I did. Best of luck to the rest of you. :)

Well done Sinead. :)

As for me did my day 1 of week 7, 25mins, well pleased with that. :).

Aesir - Week 5, Day 2
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 7 Day 1

Well I ran for 32 minutes straight and found it quite alright. Much easier without the intervals walking lol. So don't know if I'm gonna continue c25k or just build on todays run

Well I ran for 32 minutes straight and found it quite alright. Much easier without the intervals walking lol. So don't know if I'm gonna continue c25k or just build on todays run

Push yourself and build on today's run. I think the walking intervals do get in the way. I have found it easier to run non-stop for a long time if I don't take any breaks and I reckon that's why it was easy for me to jump straight into week 6, day 3 after not running for 7 weeks. Good luck, keep us updated.

Hello! Can I join too? I haven't run for years (and when I did I was so slow I was once overtaken by someone in an electric wheelchair - oh the shame...) but I'm about to start again to try and kick start my flagging weight loss. I'm trying to lose 1.5 st of baby weight and am limited to running when hubbie is back from work/not working away and can mind the kids but I could do with knowing other people are struggling with the running too!

Plan to start tomorrow night when he's back.

xx :wave_cry:

Think I'm gonna try doing the c25k again,started end of last summer but have it up for the gym but really want to get back into it x

Sampford75 said:
Hello! Can I join too? I haven't run for years (and when I did I was so slow I was once overtaken by someone in an electric wheelchair - oh the shame...) but I'm about to start again to try and kick start my flagging weight loss. I'm trying to lose 1.5 st of baby weight and am limited to running when hubbie is back from work/not working away and can mind the kids but I could do with knowing other people are struggling with the running too!

Plan to start tomorrow night when he's back.

xx :wave_cry:

Hi sampford, did u get your run done? I couldn't run at all before starting te c25k but happily run 6k now. Poss more if I wanted too!! It will really work for u!! X

Emmamb said:
Think I'm gonna try doing the c25k again,started end of last summer but have it up for the gym but really want to get back into it x

Brill Emma! Everyone welcome!! Just add yourself to the list and update progress. It's good to be accountable to someone. X

I did a 5k run today. Felt like a lot longer because I added a load of hills in. X

Welcome to all the c25k newbies.

I did a 5k run today. Felt like a lot longer because I added a load of hills in. X

Well done hun. What is your average speed and how long does it take you to run 5k?

Right, so I have done my day 2 of week 7. Really enjoying myself now, the weather is getting better and there are a lot more people running outside. Kinda feels like one big happy family :).

Aesir - Week 5, Day 2
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 7 Day 2

Well I may as well say finished, ran 5km a few times now :) not exactly easy mind lol

Aesir - Finished!!
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -

That's brilliant Aesir. Well done!!

Oops I haven't updated this! My friend suggested I tried the run10k app on my phone as it assumes no prior running experience and in her experience it gets you fitter quicker. The session are around an hour, so twice as long and 3 times a week. It's similar to c25k! I'm on week 3 now and my legs feel like jelly and I love it!!!

Oops, i've only been updating on the C25K thread in Off Topic! I've just finished Week 6 yesterday, running 25 mins non stop which quite frankly, I never thought i'd be able to do!

Aesir - Finished!!
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
xJoanneJJx - Week 7 Run 1
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -

Maggie_Sak said:
Welcome to all the c25k newbies.

Well done hun. What is your average speed and how long does it take you to run 5k?

Right, so I have done my day 2 of week 7. Really enjoying myself now, the weather is getting better and there are a lot more people running outside. Kinda feels like one big happy family :).

Aesir - Week 5, Day 2
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -

It's taking 35 mins now to run 5k. My 2nd km is always slowest- why is that??? I am adding greater distances now or trying to go faster and on Thursday I made sure I added some more hills to my journey!! That was hard!! I drive part of the route on my way home from work today and have to say I was most impressed with myself!!!

Well done on getting to week 7 unscathed!! The end is in sight!!! :)

aesir22 said:
Well I may as well say finished, ran 5km a few times now :) not exactly easy mind lol

Aesir - Finished!!
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -

Well done aesir!! What a great feeling of achievement!! :)

aw_bless said:
Oops I haven't updated this! My friend suggested I tried the run10k app on my phone as it assumes no prior running experience and in her experience it gets you fitter quicker. The session are around an hour, so twice as long and 3 times a week. It's similar to c25k! I'm on week 3 now and my legs feel like jelly and I love it!!!

Well done aw_bless, sounds like you've been well and truly bitten!!! It is sooo easy to get addicted! :)

xJoanneJJx said:
Oops, i've only been updating on the C25K thread in Off Topic! I've just finished Week 6 yesterday, running 25 mins non stop which quite frankly, I never thought i'd be able to do!

Aesir - Finished!!
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
xJoanneJJx - Week 7 Run 1
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -

Well done Joanne!! Sounds like you're doing fantastically!!! The end is in sight!!! :)

Was due to start Week 7 today but after bootcamp last night i need to give it a miss..will get myself out tomorrow!

It's taking 35 mins now to run 5k. My 2nd km is always slowest- why is that??? I am adding greater distances now or trying to go faster and on Thursday I made sure I added some more hills to my journey!! That was hard!! I drive part of the route on my way home from work today and have to say I was most impressed with myself!!!

Well done on getting to week 7 unscathed!! The end is in sight!!! :)

Thanks for the info, it kinda gives me an idea of where I should be at this point. I did my 3rd day of week 7 today and pushed myself to run 27 mins, I covered 3.87km :D. Well pleased with that, hoping I can managed the 5k in 35 mins. Strange that your 2nd km is slowest, with me I struggle mostly with the first 5 min, but once I get past that without stopping then i'm good to go all the way. You've done really way, keep it up.

Aesir - Week 5, Day 2
Aw bless - Week 1, Day 1
Joannejj - Week 3, Day 3
KarenHat - ?
Lisamc86 -
Maggie_Sak ~ Week 7 Day 3

Back