Couch to 5k challenge

Keep going everyone! Will be worth it in the end!! X

Iv been doing this but on the get running app on the iPhone I'm now on week 3 n managed to run for 3minutes twice yesterday I couldn't believe it was so shocked lol! Will do run number 2 tomorrow can't wait! Just hope it's not to cold lol! Xx

Mind if I join... I plan on starting this up tomorrow (if I can muster it)... I'm a little worried that I can't run at all, but reading how you're all getting on makes me want to give it a go :)

Good luck gemstone. :). I didn't think I would be able to do it when I first started but now I'm on week 7 and running for a full 25 minutes :).

I started Couch to 5k at the beginning of the year, used to really worry about the next week, thinking OMG how am I going to run for 5 minutes non stop etc ...... well 2 weeks ago I ran a Half Marathon, non stop 2hrs & 10 minutes :D My best advice is for the first bit of running, no matter what distance, you nearly always feel out of breath whilst your body adjusts, but it does plateau eventually!

Also really don't worry about speed, I have always been a steady eddy, if you go too quick, you won't finish the distance you want to do - if you're struggling, just slow the pace until you're comfy.

I have just started week 2 - I did 5 days of week 1 over 8 days though, as I haven't been jogging for months and months and needed a slow start back into it. I live in a really hilly area now which is making it much harder! I take our dog with me - a 15 month-old Standard Poodle. He loves it. Great to see how motivated everyone is!

I wasn't able to start this week because my sciatica was playing up and walking was getting to be painful on some of the days, however I did manage to do a longer walk on the treadmill (on my good days) and did a small jog too so I can at least say I'm trying it a little. Fingers crossed I can do this next week

It's the little bits and bobs that make a difference as well :) better having a little walk or a jog when you can than sitting and doing nothing even if you have a good excuse for not exercising! Good on you :)

Does anybody find it waaaaay harder to go out running when the weather is bad? It has been raining here for 3 days and I just hate the thought of getting soaked so I haven't been out :(

Does anybody find it waaaaay harder to go out running when the weather is bad? It has been raining here for 3 days and I just hate the thought of getting soaked so I haven't been out :(

Get a waterproof jacket and a hat, you'll be fine :)

ok, starting again...TONIGHT!! i had started a couple of weeks ago, then became a bit poorly, then put it off..u know how it goes..but i have the app on my fone and ready to go for tonight!! anybody else just starting? x

I just started this morning. Got the nhs podcast on my phone and did it on the treadmill at the gym. I enjoyed it - was nice to have "Laura" telling me when to run and when to walk. I do quite a bit of exercise so imagine it would be reasonably tough going for a proper couch potato

I'm not doing the couch to 5k, but I have joined a running club doing the beginners course, I'm guessing its similar to the couch to 5k... but don't know what that involves. What I'm doing is a build up over 10 weeks to eventually run 30 minutes none stop. Really enjoying it at the moment. my last day of week one today

I'm not doing the couch to 5k, but I have joined a running club doing the beginners course, I'm guessing its similar to the couch to 5k... but don't know what that involves. What I'm doing is a build up over 10 weeks to eventually run 30 minutes none stop. Really enjoying it at the moment. my last day of week one today
sounds a lot like c25k :) i had my last day of week 1 on mon (am a little behind as went away for the weekend, so playing catchup lol!) week 2 run 1 for me tonight :) x

sounds a lot like c25k :) i had my last day of week 1 on mon (am a little behind as went away for the weekend, so playing catchup lol!) week 2 run 1 for me tonight :) x

Good luck tonight, my week 2 starts tomorrow (yeah I know that's a little odd but that's how the club I go to do it)

Are you enjoying it? I'm loving it, we went a lot faster yesterday then they expected but I felt so good for it. I feel so much better in myself now I've started this :)

Good luck tonight, my week 2 starts tomorrow (yeah I know that's a little odd but that's how the club I go to do it)

Are you enjoying it? I'm loving it, we went a lot faster yesterday then they expected but I felt so good for it. I feel so much better in myself now I've started this :)
i actually am :S and i have always hated running, but i feel so destressed after, and having that little time for me is just great! :)

I always hated running too, its weird how just doing it properly by following a plan can change that.... or maybe we're both just in better places and ready to start it, who knoes

YAY! Completed week 9 run 3 this morning! . Really pleased to have done it and I've now set myself a new challenge for next year

Back