Couch to 5k challenge

I did week 5 run 3 last night with my other half never been so proud of myself I ran for 20 minutes with out stopping :) I have never been able to do it even at school! Bring on week 6.

Well done Hannah. There'll be no stopping you now! :)

Will be doing my first outside run in over a week tomorrow, I've been doing inside ones the past week due to weather and other plans.... hoping the cold isn't going to be too much of a shock to my system. Need to get used to it again for my Santa run

Just done my first of week 4. Didnt think I'd manage the final running bit (5 mins) but just kept saying to myself "just do another 30 seconds" and managed to do the lot. Dreading week 5 though!!!

Got told I should consider going to the proper running club on a Tuesday rather then the beginners today, so I'm obviously not doing too bad :)

Well done :) honestly I was well scared of week 5 but the 20 minute one was the easiest run iv ever done! N woop well done Donna :) ur gonna kick butt on ya Santa run! X

Its weird how the more you do the less you struggle, I swear when I started I struggled running 2 minutes way more then I struggle a big increase now, so know how you feel Hannah. I know, I was very proud, was told I'm better then some of the runners they have in the normal group and that I probably won't be pushing myself hard enough just doing beginners, waiting to see what the actual coach says on it though. Either way I'm still really enjoying the running and can't wait for my santa run.

Did week 6 day 3 and couldn't believe how easy it was... ran 23 minutes straight (added a minute on at the end), did not get out of breath and barely broke into a sweat! No more walking intervals from now on..... *gulp*

I bought some new running gear today :) so I now have two sets of my own and will have more when my sports direct order comes, means when that comes I can give my mum the stuff she lent me back. Really excited about it, I know I'm sad

Hi!

Can I join you please? I was on week 4 before I got a horrible bug a fortnight ago and need to get back into it.

Emma xxx

Good luck getting back on it, its horrible when you get into something and then get poorly and it stops it.

Going on my weekend run in a minute... well after big bang, sort of hoping its one I've already seen so I can get running now lol

Oh and one month until my santa run!!

Thanks donna88, hope your run went well. I'm going to go tomorrow, I'm scared!

You'll be fine, I'm sure you'll get into it a lot faster since you've already done some of it :)

Oh no, well hopefully the weather will be nicer tomorrow.

My next run is this evening, I can feel a cold coming along, got a sore throat and a fussy head... hopefully running in the cold won't make me worse and hopefully I'll still manage it, don't want to mess it up after being told I might be able to join normal training rather then the beginners

Hope ur all feeling better :) Iv just had to rest up for a week as not been to pretty myself but the other half dragged me out this morning n done week 6 run 2 n feeling much better now for doing it n I'm currently recovering in the bath lol! Xx

Morning all. Well I have all and truly fallen off the wagon. My weight has rocketed and my fitness has gone downhill since July. I feel the need to start afresh on everything. Back on day one of slimming world and c25k. I am going skiing 9 weeks on Friday so that is my aim.

Wish me luck I am gonna need it

Morning all. Well I have all and truly fallen off the wagon. My weight has rocketed and my fitness has gone downhill since July. I feel the need to start afresh on everything. Back on day one of slimming world and c25k. I am going skiing 9 weeks on Friday so that is my aim.

Wish me luck I am gonna need it

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine :)

My run was awful yesterday, I felt so ill, had a headache all the way round and started getting a dippy tummy and thought I was going to need the toilet most of the way as well.... but I felt so much better once I got home so glad I went, just hope I feel better on Thursday for my run then.... don't know if I can keep it up if every runs like that

Hi!!

I tried this about a year ago (pre-SW) and nearly died after 1 min of running and have up! 12 months on, 2st 10lbs lighter and having done more general exercise I'm currently up to week 2 day 2! I know it's not far along but for me this is huge! I can Zumba or swim or 30 day shred but running has always been my nemesis so I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it. I've got a long way to go but I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to going for a run!!! Never thought I'd say those words lol xx

Hi!!

I tried this about a year ago (pre-SW) and nearly died after 1 min of running and have up! 12 months on, 2st 10lbs lighter and having done more general exercise I'm currently up to week 2 day 2! I know it's not far along but for me this is huge! I can Zumba or swim or 30 day shred but running has always been my nemesis so I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it. I've got a long way to go but I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to going for a run!!! Never thought I'd say those words lol xx

Well done :) It is really something to be proud of, I'm on week 7...possibly 8 I'll have to look in my diary... of my 10 week course and I actually can't believe I'm running for 10 minutes at a time (up to 13 or 14 today actually) I could never run before and when I started I struggled with the two min run two min walk... its great how far I've come along and you'll be exactly the same. Well done for getting back on it and you have every right to be proud of every milestone.

Back