Couch to 5k challenge

So glad I found this page. I'm on week 1 day 2 and couldn't ever imagine running for a whole 30 mins! But looks like it works hehe. I'll keep you updated x

Hello and welcome Natalie. Good luck and hope you enjoy doing c25k :)

ClareusAdams said:
Hello and welcome Natalie. Good luck and hope you enjoy doing c25k :)

Thankyou
So far so good. Need to keep the motivation going to complete it though hehe x

It works - promise... in week 1 I felt like death after just one minute of running, now I'm in week 9 and feeling great after running for 30! :)

Alderica said:
It works - promise... in week 1 I felt like death after just one minute of running, now I'm in week 9 and feeling great after running for 30! :)

So did you follow it exactly or did you repeat any weeks x

So did you follow it exactly or did you repeat any weeks x

I repeated a couple of weeks because either they were so hard or because I had to take time out due to work, illness etc. There's no pressure to finish within the 9 weeks specified... I think I took 3 months in all :)

I repeated a couple of weeks because either they were so hard or because I had to take time out due to work, illness etc. There's no pressure to finish within the 9 weeks specified... I think I took 3 months in all :)
Wow - well done you! 30 mins solid running. I am still struggling after 15 mins - no real reason, I just have a mental running block I think & I get fed up of the smug dog just ambling along aside me as I think I am Usain Bolt ;)

Just done week 3 day two. Considering repeating this week as I'm finding it a little hard but might decide that after an attempt at week 4. Like someone said I think it's a mind block. Like oh goodness I've ran for 3mins I'm going to die when actually your fine just breathless hehe can't wait to get to week 9 and just jog and jog for half hour hehe

Just done week 3 day two. Considering repeating this week as I'm finding it a little hard but might decide that after an attempt at week 4. Like someone said I think it's a mind block. Like oh goodness I've ran for 3mins I'm going to die when actually your fine just breathless hehe can't wait to get to week 9 and just jog and jog for half hour hehe

I think I repeated weeks 3 and 4 both a couple of times....
Yesterday I ran a full 5 km non-stop for the first time ever. It took me 43 minutes, but who cares :) According to the running app I use on my smartphone (Endomondo, can thoroughly recommend it), I also burnt off more than 600 calories.... go us runners! :)

Alderica said:
I think I repeated weeks 3 and 4 both a couple of times....
Yesterday I ran a full 5 km non-stop for the first time ever. It took me 43 minutes, but who cares :) According to the running app I use on my smartphone (Endomondo, can thoroughly recommend it), I also burnt off more than 600 calories.... go us runners! :)

That's fab. Can't wait to be able to jog none stop. Bet your so proud of yourself x

Going to start this in a couple of days as well as 30DS

Just done week 4 day 1. Decided not to repeat week 3 and push myself. And my goodness It took a big push. This is the most tired ive ever felt after a gym routine. Definately will be repeating week 4!!!! Hows everyone else getting on x

natalie1402 said:
Whats 30ds? Good luck x

30 day shred. Its a work out DVD that is 20 minute intense work outs! I done it in the summer. Loved it and really felt the difference x

I did 30 DS too over the summer combined with couch to 5k and really noticed the difference after a few weeks. Back to it this week.. alternating between running adn 30ds and then one day off a week.. im def sticking to it this time :)

Sculls said:
30 day shred. Its a work out DVD that is 20 minute intense work outs! I done it in the summer. Loved it and really felt the difference x

Ooo sounds good. Do you do it everyday? X

GemGem1 said:
I did 30 DS too over the summer combined with couch to 5k and really noticed the difference after a few weeks. Back to it this week.. alternating between running adn 30ds and then one day off a week.. im def sticking to it this time :)

Ooh let me know how you get on I am really looking forward to getting stuck in! X

natalie1402 said:
Ooo sounds good. Do you do it everyday? X

I did! I am very much all or nothing so when I stop I stop so everyday works for me! It's in 3 levels so about 10 days per level! I'd recommend it! There are also thread on here for teams doing it! X

Hi all - just started C25K today. Am useless at running and of course, a little lardy so it's not easy but I'm determined. coupling it with wii zumba and gym. I thought I wouldn't be able to run even for one of the minutes but I could ... and I did. HOORAY!!!

Wow! This thread has got really busy again! Glad to see everyone has been bitten by the running bug!! I did this almost 2 years ago and like many of you, couldn't run at all before! I roped a friend in and went for it and would now consider myself a bit of a runner!! I can do 5k in 30 mins now (struggling to get under that but I have short legs!!!) and have also managed 10 k in 1:08 which I was proud of! Signed up for a 5 mile road race at the end of march so getting back in serious training to try and speed up!!

Good luck to everyone in the process of C25K! I would recommend it to anyone and everyone! X

Back