Couch to 5k challenge

Hey Malamobile - well done you for starting!

I plan to start next week - no excuses (I'm telling myself that lol). Just got to dust off the ol' trainers and grab my colleauge from work so I have a "buddy" - wish me luck!

I'd love to be able to do the race for life and run all of it....!!! xxx

Need to make that first step! My daughter is with her nan tonight so I suppose I could or then I could start a fresh on Monday!

I am going to convince myself that I will be running tonight! Bought all the running stuff I needed in the summer so I should be good to go!

Good Luck! x

Need to make that first step! My daughter is with her nan tonight so I suppose I could or then I could start a fresh on Monday!

I am going to convince myself that I will be running tonight! Bought all the running stuff I needed in the summer so I should be good to go!

Good Luck! x

Go for it! No excuses!! :)

I put doing mine off yesterday so done it today instead and feel so kuch better for it. Week 4 is a killer though!

Go for it! No excuses!! :)

Ha ha ha! I have loads of excuses .... Its cold! I wont get in till 7pm! I have lots of housework to do! But.....I think I am gonna do it! I am really good once I start something - its just getting going!

Hey Malamobile - well done you for starting!

I plan to start next week - no excuses (I'm telling myself that lol). Just got to dust off the ol' trainers and grab my colleauge from work so I have a "buddy" - wish me luck!

I'd love to be able to do the race for life and run all of it....!!! xxx

Thanks Mrs Dennis

Go for it - come and join me! I'm running with my hubby but he's miles fitter than me (he's a builder and I'm in HR so I sit down alllll day!).

Just done day 2 - had foolishly thought it was the same as day one but uhoh just when i thought i'd finished 2 more 1 minutes to do ahhhh! I am finding it really hard - my body is pretty big to lug around the park and I have never been able to run even when fit and young, but i'm doing it and that's the main thing!!!. I ache like MAD too- can barely go downstairs or sit on the loo but that might be zumba.

Any other new starters finding it hard?

Mx

Right just completed week 4 day 3. Found this week so intense but I can feel it getting easier already. Im undecided whether to repeat this week or do week 5 day 1 3times before moving onto day two. Any advice? Thanks x

Finished week 1 but have decided to do it til I'm comfy with it and then move on to next challenge. Hopefully only one more week though!! Easier by the third day which I didn't expect.

Well week 5 day 2 just completed. I keep thinking I cant do 5mins jogging I cant do 8mins jogging etc but I keep pushing and its tough but so rewarding when you complete the workout. Thursday is the one im dreading. 20mins jogging non stop. Now this one im definately not sure about but im just going to push and push to try get to that finish line hehe ill let you know how I get on. Not repeated any weeks yet (certainly considered it) but I may have to repeat this day a few times but we'll see. This is coming from someone who couldn't run 30seconds without becoming breathless hehe keep it up everyone!!!

Hi All,

well done for all getting started/finishing this programme!I started it last year and finished it around September time, I continued to run, unfortunalty I was dissapointed that I couldn't get my speed up so in the 30 mins I couoldn't manage the 5k, I couldn't get past 4k grrrr but apparently there is a technique to run quick fast bursts then slow down again and this should build up your speed? Anyway I went on holiday 7th Nov for 2 weeks and didn't run while away and since we got back it was very icey and wet so I didn't run (I am the clumsy one who will of fallen arse over tit and broken my arm in 17 thousand places!) then what with Christmas and New Year getting in the way I still have not been back out yet. I am planning on going back out on Monday but I might have to nip out at the weekend for a tester to see how long I can maintain as I may have to jump in at about week 6 of the C25K if needed.

For those just starting out, don't be too worried about reading up on the weeks ahead (I did this!!) as you really do need to just need to look at this one day at a time. Every week myself and my friend said "there is NO WAY we can do next weeks times, we will give it a go and see" and I tell you every time we did it by just focusing on that one section of the run and just thinking "wont be long and you can walk and have a breather" it felt brilliant completeing each week. We did week 4 twice as we didn't feel confident to move on but then once we moved on we were ready for week 5.

I can't actually wait to get out there again, I really want to work at upping my speed now but I do think if I manage to loose my 7 stone that will help (it's got to right?) but for now I just want to work at running for the 30 mins non stop, better than watching Eastenders any day of the week!

Keep it up folks, you can do it, and once you get over half way through the programme you really will start to enjoy it!

Hi all,

Started the couch to 5k last week and started my slimming world journey on Monday. So far so good 2013!

Completed week 2 day 1 today and my god did i sweat!! I've managed to resist the temptation to download them all and see how they progress as I really want to do this right.

Quick question though, I do rugby training twice a week and play games on Sundays, therefore leaving not an awful lot of time between to do all three running sessions. Do you suppose I could just do two a week then move onto the next week, or split them over a succession of weeks??

Thanks a lot,

I'm off to stretch out my calves again!!

x Becca

Quick question though, I do rugby training twice a week and play games on Sundays, therefore leaving not an awful lot of time between to do all three running sessions. Do you suppose I could just do two a week then move onto the next week, or split them over a succession of weeks??

Its what ever works for you, if you can move on after 2 sessions a week then do it, if not just repeat a few until you can. Im sure you're quite fit doing the rugby so that will help :)

Just finished week 5 day 3 with the 20min non stop run!!! I was struggling after 3mins. Not sure if it was knowing I still had ages left or the fact I only sat down for half hour yesterday on my 13hour shift haha but I did it. I only ran 2.5km not inc the warm up and cool down as im a slow runner. My plan is to finish the plan at the speed im going then do regular half hour runs and slowly increase the pace until I hit 5km then move onto training for 10km. Im being ambicious!!! Hehe hope everyones keeping up to it and good luck

Hi everyone I have just started my c25k (tonight is week 1 day 2). Really hoping to stick with it all the way through as I am really unfit.

I plan on starting this everyday and have yet to start! Really need a kick! I have a choice either first thing or last thing to run and it's so dark! Need to just get out there! X

Has anyone tried the josie gibson dvd?

Just a word of warning - I started Couch to 5k on January 4th last year - not a sporty person at all and had never ran ....... have since completed 2 x 10k races and then a Half Marathon in September ...... and am now training for the Manchester Marathon in April :eek: ........ it can get addictive!

Its what ever works for you, if you can move on after 2 sessions a week then do it, if not just repeat a few until you can. Im sure you're quite fit doing the rugby so that will help :)

I'll see how it goes. I'm not sure if it's about running the 5k for me or just having a voice in my ear telling me I'm doing great!

natalie1402 said:
Has anyone tried the josie gibson dvd?

No but she looks fab!

Just a word of warning - I started Couch to 5k on January 4th last year - not a sporty person at all and had never ran ....... have since completed 2 x 10k races and then a Half Marathon in September ...... and am now training for the Manchester Marathon in April :eek: ........ it can get addictive!

Good luck with the marathon, I started running in September and agree it is so addictive, I was adamant I wasn't running a marathon this year, was going to run halves, but then they started talking about that new one in York and guess who's signed up... bring on October

Back