Couch to 5k challenge

Did week 6, day 2 of the ease into 5k app - 5 min warm up & cool down with 10 mins running either side of a 3 min walk. Went surprisingly well! It's so great to do something where you can see your fitness steadily improve with each run!

Next run is 20 mins straight - eek!!

Secretly can't wait though - ill feel such a sense of accomplishment when I've done that!

Nice to meet you :) I'm on week 6 and still going strong on the treadmill - just can't find time to fit in an outdoor run, whereas I can do it here in the evening or early morning and not have to worry about childcare etc (I have a treadmill in my kitchen which has been used as a clothes horse for about 5 years!). I still am not a huge fan of running, but now I know I can do it (in short bursts) it's definitely a good feeling every time you last a little bit longer! 3 stone before November is definitely doable - especially if you're running as well, so good luck! I've lost very very nearly 4 stone since January and it's definitely been helped by following the Couch to 5k programme!

Hey! Oh wow, that's amazing - nearly 4 stone since Jan, well done you! :) Glad to hear that my doing Couch to 5k on a treadmill idea isn't mental lol.

Where did you download/get the podcast thingies from?

Quite looking forward to getting started - something I never ever thought I'd say about running lol!

Hey! Oh wow, that's amazing - nearly 4 stone since Jan, well done you! :) Glad to hear that my doing Couch to 5k on a treadmill idea isn't mental lol.

Where did you download/get the podcast thingies from?

Quite looking forward to getting started - something I never ever thought I'd say about running lol!

Thank you - I'm sure you'll be reporting the same soon enough too!

I don't have the podcasts - I just use the timings from here: C25K Treadmill and change the speed manually up and down when it's time to run or walk. I need to have music otherwise I get bored and distracted, I tried the Week 5 run with the podcast and missed my chooons and ended up having to repeat it a few days later as I didn't make it to the end! :D

Yeah, they're called Sketchers Go Run. They're also on eBay brand new ranging from £35-£45. Definitely buying a pair on payday!

I thought sketchers were Bering taking to court over their trainers.. Check it out first x

Really?!!! *goes to Google*

Thank you - I'm sure you'll be reporting the same soon enough too!

I don't have the podcasts - I just use the timings from here: C25K Treadmill and change the speed manually up and down when it's time to run or walk. I need to have music otherwise I get bored and distracted, I tried the Week 5 run with the podcast and missed my chooons and ended up having to repeat it a few days later as I didn't make it to the end! :D

Lol! I like my music when I'm on the dreaded treadmill or cross trainer but I think I'll give the podcast a wee try.

I'm looking at my calender trying to find a really good week to start the program. Thinking the week beginning 17th June as the next two weeks I've got jam packed weeks at work (with a few overnight stays away from home etc) and I know that I'm just not brave/confident enough to go running outside just yet.

So, this gives me the time to gently ease myself back to the gym before I start the C25K :D

Sounds like a plan - getting yourself mentally prepared is half the battle, I think!

I did Week 6 Day 2 last night (2 lots of 10 mins with 3 mins walking in between), and it was hard - especially the first 10 mins, but I made it. Again, it involved a lot of hanging on to the treadmill in places. I may repeat this one before trying the W6D3 one, just to build up my stamina a bit - I can almost feel myself losing motivation at the moment!

Sounds like a plan - getting yourself mentally prepared is half the battle, I think!

I did Week 6 Day 2 last night (2 lots of 10 mins with 3 mins walking in between), and it was hard - especially the first 10 mins, but I made it. Again, it involved a lot of hanging on to the treadmill in places. I may repeat this one before trying the W6D3 one, just to build up my stamina a bit - I can almost feel myself losing motivation at the moment!

We're at the same stage CharlieMo!

I finished week 6, day 2 on Tuesday and planning on trying week 6, day 3 tonight!

Yeah, defintely! I have got my schedule set out as of 17th June so I'm all good to go.

I've booked on for body step on Monday (which I've not tried for about 2 years - last time was just like something out a comedy sketch) and I'm going for a wee shot of the cross trainer on Sunday. Eek! Can't do tonight as I'm doing driving lessons. So busy!

well done on getting to week 6 - that's an achievement! I think I'll be not only hanging off the treadmill but probably CRAWLING off by the end of day 1 LOL. :)

Yeah, I'm really chuffed!

I realised that I was only making excuses for myself before about exercise. My life is really busy but being honest, that's the way I like it. But I decided I didn't want to be unhealthy and busy but fit, healthy and busy!!

I like C25K because it's only 30 minutes. I can fit it in wherever. I can go in the morning if I just get up 30 mins earlier or try and fit it in on my way home from work - that way it doesnt feel like such a chore!

Have done days 1 & 2 of week 4 now & have managed it ok - am amazed that I can now run 5 mins at a time! Will see how I do on day 3 tomorrow but I think I might do it a few more times before moving on to week 5.

Keep going everyone youre all doing great! x

Nice one, Hazie! I've kind of paused for now, will repeat Week 6 this week I think as I don't feel ready to progress yet!

Im currently starting this and looking forward to it . Think tuesday will be my first run. But I might start from week 2 as I can run comfortably for about 5 min. Do you think thats ok?

Im currently starting this and looking forward to it . Think tuesday will be my first run. But I might start from week 2 as I can run comfortably for about 5 min. Do you think thats ok?

Yeah definitely, that's what I've done this time round as I've run before, albeit a while ago!

Hoping to get back to running tomorrow... I like running nice and early.. But got dragged to work today at 6am.. So fingers crossed tomorrow it is.. Played badminton on Saturday and went for a 15 mile bike ride yesterday. Hoping this will all help towards a good weigh in on Wednesday morning.
Happy running x

Back