Couch to 5k?

Thanks for your reply! I am going to give it another try. I've done my Zumba for the day, so it's not like I'm not getting any exercise at all. I'm considering buying Jillian's 30 Day Shred after reading everyone's comments on here! I think that once my fitness picks up (cause W1D1 was my first exercise ever) I'll find it easier - I'm amazed I even made it all the way through the workout in the first place! lol

I'm gonna stick to the flat terrain and see how I go :)

I was told that if running on the treadmill you should have a small .5 or 1 incline as its kinder on your joints

week 1 completed today YAY! feeling really proud of myself, wonder what week 2 holds......

took a different dog today lol its funny how they still walk even when I'm running.

Where I live its hills all around, only smallish ones though its canny to run up the hills when I go out then its down hill when I come back so works out well.

yep a slight incline on treadmill will help prevent shin splints too

good luck everyone for your next part of the journey xx

D2w2 done today.

Had to really push, but got through it! Yay me!

Everyone's doing fab!

Oh and I too now run with a 0.5 incline on the treadmill as Jo advised in my diary, and you can't tell at all! xx

This may sound like a really silly question, but what is a 0.5 incline equivalent to? A bit of a hill or something you wouldn't even notice?

Something you wouldn't notice.

I'm no expert, but apparently it's akin to running outside. Treadmills are unnaturally flat and running with no incline can not only cause injury, but would cause a huge shock also if you then began running outside.

Hth xx

Thank you! I was worried that I would end up having to calculate a really long and complicated thing. I'll give it a try!

W1d2 done - and considering its the same as day1 I really struggled and I'm not sure why! Stil walked on 5.5 and ran on 8 but really felt it tonight!!

X

I love c25k, its such an amazing feeling once you've finished a session! On the days that I can't go to the gym, I think I will start doing this again! :D

*Emsie* said:
Did anyone find when they started doing it that they didn't lose or gained weight at first?....or is that just wishful thinking on my part that I can put it down to that :rolleyes:

You know, I've gained 1lb tonight - completely and utterly undeserved IMO!

Maybe there's something in it? xx

I did this on the treadmill last night - i walked at 5kph and ran at 7kph is that okay or am i doing it wrong?

meh!

This morning I did Wk 2 run 3, so on Friday am moving on to Wk 3 *OMG have got to run for 3 minutes* :eek:

Back