Couch to 5K

Nessa29

Gold Member
Anyone up for the challenge? I've just got the app on my phone and planning on starting it tomorrow evening xxx

I'm starting tomorrow morning.

Hii :) I'm on week four at the moment. I love it so far. I never thought I'd be able to run five minute chunks at a time but I can!! Im on SW also and so far lost just over a stone in 3 weeks and I really think the running has helped a lot

Hii :) I'm on week four at the moment. I love it so far. I never thought I'd be able to run five minute chunks at a time but I can!! Im on SW also and so far lost just over a stone in 3 weeks and I really think the running has helped a lot

I'm looking forward to giving it a go just Hoping I can do it lol

You definitely can! I was really nervous to start but it's a great plan. You get eased into it and it's not as scary as you think. I'm asthmatic and carrying a lot of extra weight, I've have never been able to run for more than a couple of minutes at a time so I think if I can do it anyone can!

You definitely can! I was really nervous to start but it's a great plan. You get eased into it and it's not as scary as you think. I'm asthmatic and carrying a lot of extra weight, I've have never been able to run for more than a couple of minutes at a time so I think if I can do it anyone can!

I have asthma too and I'm very very over weight lol but I'm gonna give it a go, if I have to do each week twice to gradually increase it then I will xxx

Thanks for the encouragement Hun xx

Day 1 completed. Last time I tried was 2 years ago and I was a smoker. It's been almost 2 years since I quit smoking and my lungs did not hurt at all. I run very slow and that's ok with me. I'm glad I decided to do this.

Day 1 completed. Last time I tried was 2 years ago and I was a smoker. It's been almost 2 years since I quit smoking and my lungs did not hurt at all. I run very slow and that's ok with me. I'm glad I decided to do this.

Brilliant well done!! It's chucking it down with rain here so might have to do a few laps in the house!!

I'm on week 5, just quit smoking about the same time I started and also very fat, and I love it! If I can do it, anyone can. The great thing is if you are struggling you can just repeat a week until you are more comfortable.

I run it on a treadmill and I can see that I am running further and faster, you will be so shocked in how quickly your health levels change!

Oh and take measurements all over, I've only lost about -5lbs (eating to maintain) but the inches loss is awesome!

Week 1 Day 2 is completed. :)

I'm starting this tomorrow to give my weight loss a boost! So looking forward to being fitter! Wish me luck! X

Nessa how is the running going?

Back