Couch to 5km

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
I've just bought the app for my phone so come New Year when I have my fancy running shoes I'm gonna try & complete it.......... Wish me luck!!!!!

I have been thinking about running but have never done it before (mind you after 4 children, every time I run I need the loo!). Is it worth buying the app?

Kitty I will be running in the dark where hopefully no-one can see me lol!

And Karen I reckon for £1.99 its worth a try hey x

Thanks, that's the one I was looking at. Think I'll buy it and have a go tomorrow. When are you going to start?

I signed up to this on the website last year, but never got round to it as I do most of my "running" in the gym, I look so much of an idiot when I run that I refuse to lol. My PT tells me off at the gym as I trundle along on the treadmill and it probably doesnt do a lot, I do increase the incline tho! My knees arent great for running and my insides are a bit messed up from being preggers (Sometimes a bit of wee comes out when I run, waiting for another op for that one lol. TMI! haha.)

I can't start until I have been paid on the 14th as I need to "invest" in some proper shoes & until I do that I am not prepared to attempt it. So a couple of weeks & I will be starting. I am worried about my knees but I will have to see how I get on, no matter what I am running the Race For Life in the summer

i did Race for Life last year hun and it was FAB, Such a sense of achievemnt and omg did I cry! I powerwalked it, rather than ran and did it in a very respectable 40 minutes (we also picked the most difficult course on the county...hills galore, doh)
For such a great cause too.

Wish I could join you all but I can barely walk. My daughter is a runner though. She buys the 'womens running' magazine. It does have lots of good tips in it etc and even does weight loss stuff too

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have a C25k app and enjoyed the first few weeks last year till I twisted my knee on some really uneven pavement. I found running/walking on the road easier as it was a better surface. Let us know how you get on.

Back