Could i be in ketosis...?

dizzydee88

Hi guys

I'm still pretty new to the VLCD world and was wondering how I an tell I I am in ketosis.

I have been on s & s for 3 and a half days and was really quite hungry the first 3 and had a few blips...(half a bag of crisps on night and 2 glasses of wine another)

However, I woke up this morning and didnt feel hungry at all. So much so that I made myself drink a shake when my hubby had breakfast at 11am. Not like me at all I am usually starving first thing!

Aside from not feeling too hungry, I am also pretty tired but this could be as its TOTM for me (sorry TMI!) and my breath is pretty icky.

Can someone tell me some of the tell tale signs of ketosis? Xxx

dizzydee88 said:
Hi guys

I'm still pretty new to the VLCD world and was wondering how I an tell I I am in ketosis.

I have been on s & s for 3 and a half days and was really quite hungry the first 3 and had a few blips...(half a bag of crisps on night and 2 glasses of wine another)

However, I woke up this morning and didnt feel hungry at all. So much so that I made myself drink a shake when my hubby had breakfast at 11am. Not like me at all I am usually starving first thing!

Aside from not feeling too hungry, I am also pretty tired but this could be as its TOTM for me (sorry TMI!) and my breath is pretty icky.

Can someone tell me some of the tell tale signs of ketosis? Xxx

All the things you've described are signs of ketosis! If you follow the plan properly, you will be in ketosis :)

That's welshtigger. I have had a few blips like the crisps and wine tho :(

dizzydee88 said:

Yeah you said, but just trust in the program. I have done it for 3.5 weeks and have lost 24.5lbs

Wow! Go you... Great loss xx

Yep sounds like your in ketosis or on your way in. Not sure if you know about the effects of alcohol when in ketosis, i know you said you had a few blips but try not to have alcohol once in ketosis heres some info found on the forum that was post for another member.

Not sure if you know or not but just some extra info

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

I've had my fair share of blips as you will see if you read a diary lol.

Last edited:
Wow thanks! Will def be staying away for alcohol!!!! Scary stuff

Wow thanks! Will def be staying away for alcohol!!!! Scary stuff

Your welcome its a good bit of info to know save you being really ill and not knowing why.

Makes sense I was really dizzy on Friday after the wine and went to bed early so that explains it. I just blamed in TOTM

Back