Could somebody explain hi fi bars/cereal bars to me?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by loosemyageinweight, 12 May 2011 Social URL.

1. loosemyageinweight

loosemyageinweight Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11.5lb(28.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have never had a cereal/fibre bar - however notice other posters have them as a HE X. I am doing red days at the moment and trying to cut down on potatoes so am considering trying these, however am unsure which to try and in what quantity!

I follow SW at home so would be grateful for some tips, also I am quite a plain eater and don't like nuts, but oats, raisins are fine. I tend to shop with Ocado, ASDA & Aldi, though have access to most places.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mandy296

mandy296 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(23.89%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi-Fi bars are only available in SW groups so if you are doing it at home you wont be able to get them.

There are just a few varieties of off the shelf cereal bars that can be counted as a HEXB choice:

Kellogs Fibre Plus - 1 for a HEXB or 5/5.5 syns each (there are 2 flavours, the dark choc & almond is 1/2 syn more than milk choc)
    Alpen LIGHT bars (there are non Light versions so be careful) you get TWO for a HEXB or they are 3 syns each
    ALDI own brand Harvest Morn Less than 70 Calories bars - these are basically an ALDI rip off of Alpen lights - again 2 for HEXB or 3 syns each
    Weetabix Oaty bars - 1 for a HEXB or 5.5 syns each.

They are basically snack foods and a slightly healthier option than a chocolate bar - and as they have syns or are a HEXB option that should help you decide what quantity to eat them in.

I'm not a fan of nuts in cereal bars either and all the ones I've listed are nut free.

These are the main ones I can think of, most other cereal bars have insufficient fibre to be classed as a Healthy Extra and are synned - you can work that out using the 1 syn = 20 calories rule as no free food allowance.

4. loosemyageinweight

loosemyageinweight Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11.5lb(28.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for the explaination - much appreciated.:D

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All the Weetabix Oaty bars are 3.5 syns with the exception of the toffee one (yummy) which is 4 syns. Personally I would syn them as they are so low in syns and use your HEB for something more substantial

6. carebeargem

carebeargem Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    mmm, I love fibre plus bars. They are so good!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.