Could you please share your losses to date and advice re: lipotrim with me??

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Hi all,

Id really appreciate it you could share with me your losses to date and also any advise/ practical info regarding Lipotrim would be fantastic.

Basically, I lost 7stone in 10 months between 2007/2008 on weight watchers. I went from 18stone to 11. All was great but I put on about a stone in the year after my wedding, I then got pregnant with my son, (13 weeks old today!) and PILED back on loads of weight.

I cant explain to you how down I am over the whole thing - not just "normal" downess (is that a word?!) over being fat - this is ridiculous. I have had the most awful year and pregnancy (but have a beautiful healthy baby so it was worth it) and have had serious personal problems, I think I comfort ate and also gave up cigarettes when pregnant and ate every time I wanted one (which was ALOT), My husband really let me down during my pregnancy, I dont want to get into it here, and things are getting better but it left me devastated and my confidence completely shattered - because of this my weight is driving me crazy - I cant wait to get "back to myself" and start feeling ok again - to start wearing all my beautiful size 10 clothes again.

Its got to the point that I dont want to go out looking like this, I am terrifed that I will run into someone I know and am so embarrased.

I had my baby on a Monday and started back on Weight Watchers on the Wednesday. The morning before I went into labour I weighed exactly 17stone 10lbs. (including big baby etc..). I was 16 odd when I came home but naturally in the first 2 weeks the weight came off quite quickly (fluid etc) so I dont actually know my start weight this time. In the last 10-11 weeks I have lost 18lbs and am now 14stone 2lbs (5foot 8) - I lost NOTHING this week, which is completely unfair as I had been soooo good. I dont want to slate ww, because it worked so well for me last time but just doesnt seem to be doing enough for me this time. This is the 3rd week that I've lost nothing.

I have a wedding on the 19th June, its one of my dh's friends and work colleagues, one half of me is so excited - havent been out in a year, the other is upset at the prospect of looking like a disgusting fat blimp and people whispering about how I piled it on so quickly again.

I have decided to do lipotrim - just for a couple of weeks - 2-3, I think. Is this a good idea? then straight back to WW. I just need something to get a quick stone or so off and then I can suffer along with my 2lb losses. Im on maternity leave so its perfect time to start as I dont have to contend with work on top of the tiredness and headaches I keep hearing of. I cant start until the 15th of May though, as I am in Uni part time studying law and my final exam is on the 14th.

Im wondering what I could loose (given that Im female and my stats) in those 3 weeks. Could anyone give me an idea? - Im sorry to be horrible but over the years, I have noticed in signatures people on VLCDs loosing 4lbs a week and if thats the case its not worth it to me - I've sometimes lost that on ww - whilst eating but Im thinking week 1 and 2 are usually the big losses and Id be happy with that.

Could you tell me what to expect please? any side effects etc? Im worried, like most here that I do have a house to run and two smallies to care for so dont want to be completely useless.

Terribly sorry this is so long and thank you so much for reading. mwah! x

water water and more water

Really? ok. Im really "good" at drinking water - love it so that wont be a problem. Does sparkling water count or does it have to be still btw? (thanks a million)

Yes sparkling water counts towards your daily limit.

Im not clued up on babies, and at what age you stop breast feeding or anything so sorry for asking but if you are breast feeding im almost 100% certain you are not allowed to do a TFR diet.

Oh great - thanks summergurl! (wow!! look at you!!!)

No, not breastfeeding anymore - wasnt working out so I finished at 10 weeks so at least thats not an issue..

Am just looking at your signatures and you have both lost 16lbs in the first 2 weeks - that is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! well done!!

Hi there - I have been doing Lt 2 weejs now and whilst its not easy I know it will work for me if I'm 100%. I have been so far and lost 17lb's in 2 weeks. I have a 7 month old and he is my reason for losing weight. The first couple of days are hardest then it gets easier and I'm not really missing food now like I thought I would!
Good Luck.

Hi having had three children I'm just wondering, you are not mixing your feelings up with post natal depression, I know it can be hard to admit to it, especially as the baby is so young, I'm not saying you deffinately have just being cautious. If not and you decide to do LT I'll just say for me it was easier than I ever thought and it has been the first time in easilly 20 yrs that I have been in control of my eating, even with a blip I still didn't go totally out of control just had a few meals with my shakes, hope this helps and good luck what ever you decide!! Hope this doesn't sound wrong?

Then i cant see no problem in you starting asap :)

Water is the key to this diet. It helps with hunger.
The first few days can be tough, you might get some headaches etc but after that you should be fine :D x

HI Nikki
You can easily lose a stone in 2-3 wks but you have got to ensure your head is in the right place before you start or you could make it worse for yourself if you start and then come off it without refeeding properly.

The times I have been on LT I have had great losses the first 2 weeks and then after that it was 2-4 lbs a week I am afraid, but I was happy with that as I have a thyroid problem and never used to lose more than 1 or 2 a week!

If you are really serious and desparate to lose the weight quickly, then LT is a good diet, but, albiet it can be hard to start with, esp if you are cooking still for hubby! But, if you are determined, no reason why you cant be successful.

Good that you are asking all the questions as it will help you to form an answer and if you chose to do it, just keep drinking that water and keep yourself occupied and active so that you are not constantly thinking about food :)

Good luck with what you decide......I know what you mean about hiding though. Even after I put on over a stone I felt people were talking about me......they werent, but my self esteem was rock bottom and I just felt like crap about myself! This diet does give you hope and I got my hope back after Day 1 as I knew I had stopped that spiral of weight gain again.....it is all in the head half the time, but it does help and I get out of bed feeling I can tackle life even although I know I have got weight still to lose! I like myself again...

Good luck with whatever decision you make nikki.

It can really work - but as others say, your head needs to be in the right place. Some days you have not much energy, but other days loads. You could give it a go and just take it week by week to see how you feel on it.
This is also a great place to get advice - especially if you are feeling down. A problem shared...
All the best of luck xx

You can definetly loose 1st in 2-3 weeks, can't do that on any other diet. Some exercise will speed the loss up.
Good luck!

Back