counselling meetings

Hi Parkerela - you do everything laststraw just outlined, and you work through your Foundation workbook that you get issued at the beginning. Each week you tackle a new topic, be it ego states, reasons you eat, the games we play etc... it is all quite interesting if you can get your head around everything, and really look at yourself and work out what and why you've done the things you have...

You also talk to your group about how your weeks have been, support each other etc... I find them invaluable - I would have fallen off the wagon long ago if I didn't have my close knit group to answer to every Sunday, lol!

Hope that helps xx

And you get your foodpacks and if your group are anything like mine, have a good old chin wag and a giggle before the LLC kicks things off. You will also get measured every four weeks or so.
And if anyone has encountered any issues over the week, they get chance to talk this over with the LLC and group!

It's very motivational!

It's worth noting that unlike other more "conventional" diets, you don't get told what everyone else has lost. It is up to the individuals in the group if they want to disclose that information!

B x

It is daunting - and it is 100% understandable that you'd be nervous. I'm a believer that when you know it's time, it's time... I knew for a long time that I needed to lose the weight - I was at my heaviest for nearly a year - but one day I just had an epiphany and that was that - got my head straight, booked my intro session and got started 3/4 weeks later. If you are focused and determined to do it, you WILL succeed. Good luck whatever you decide - and well done for finding this forum -personally, I probably wouldn't have got this far without the support of the guys and girls on here :) xx

I guess maybe it's a bit different for us men, from what's been said above..

We don't get measured (at least, haven't been so far), but I guess that'd be quite a different thing for men to do seeing as how we basically carry on our bellies and not much else.

My sessions tend to be around the 35-45 minute mark, never over an hour thats for sure.

The first half (at least) is open discussion about your week, started by the LLC but continue and run by just us guys on the program, during which you take in turns to weigh in the next room with the LLC, get your packs and do the ketostix test.

Then we spend about 15 minutes talking about something the LLC instructs us / teaches us, and thats that.

My group is only 5 guys, so perhaps it doesn't take as long as 10 or 12 women to do it, I dunno
(not being sexist here, but it's a pretty good guess that we don't chat like you ladies chat.... in fact, I was the most outspoken guy at my meeting, and I'm the only new one! The others just sorta sat there quietly while the LLC stared at them for an answer to what he asked, until they finally caved and had to say at least something small.... well, I guess it's one way of getting them to speak! lol)

Back