Countdown to Thirty

op4k15.jpg

This past week consisted of my divorce/birthday party. The cake was the biggest hurdle (well, that and playing "Never have I" with alcohol enthusiasts), it was very gorgeous, moist, light cream sandwiched thickly between its layers with proper thick American buttercream icing. I had more than I should have, I struggle when I manage to get my American favorites here at home. Otherwise, I thought I'd been average/maintain mode pre-party. Sunday, all I wanted were carbs as I recovered, though in moderation. Monday was close to fasting because I was so upset I saw a gain on Sunday.

Tuesday morning: 1/2 lbs lost. Thank Goodness, I didn't lose my losing streak.

This week I am attempting to be on it more than I have done in ages. I was asked in group what I would do and I happened to say I would use my cross trainer 5x this week. Today I did 40 min on it and my food was on par - however, a member in my SW groups FB page mentioned a weetabix/muller yoghurt muffic recipe, with a suggestion of using a cherry yoghurt with some almond essence. Excited I had all ingredients on hand I had them mixed, cooked and on a plate ready to eat within 30 min :) The recipe made 6 tiny muffins and I had one with half a pot of yoghurt, was lovely.

jb1xdu.jpg

Feeling optimistic. Been really in control this week. Yesterday I had to fast from 9:40 until 4pm for an x ray at the hospital (no gall stones so no idea what causes the horrendous abdominal pain that wakes me in the night!), so when I got home I was the most ravenous as I'd been all week. Snacked on grapes to tide me over, but with daughter's beavers to attend and my partner rushing our son to hospital in between for huge raised patches of skin we'd never seen before (allergic reaction), we didn't eat until after 8 - I've been good at not eating late. Nearly 11 hours with nothing but grapes I was harder to satisfy, so had a homemade latte (thank you Bodum milk frother!) and a rocky road hifi. Took the biscuits and a chocolate bar out too, and placed them with my partner's latte!

Wii Fit shows me at about -3lbs down since Tuesday. I want to beat my biggest loss which I think was -5lbs. If I can lose 5.5 I'll get my 2 1/2 stone award. Treated myself to brown bread with three bacon medallions folded between with brown sauce. Will graze on super free as I'm having a meal at Wetherspoon's tonight for my partner's sister's 30th. If I behave as planned I'll have the 5 bean chilli and some vodkas with orange cordial :)

Really feel on track. I may cook a big healthy fry up Monday and then fast until Tuesday morning's weigh in for that extra boost. We'll see. I know it's something I perhaps shouldn't do every week, there's much mixed advice, but I feel we probably naturally had food patterns like this historically due to restricted food access. Fingers crossed!

Feeling a bit disheartened. I felt I was really on track this week. Went out for my partner's sister's 30th, had a preplanned meal, didn't quite finish it but not taking that into account my calorie intake (foodwise) was 1,041 calories.

Sunday morning I totted up the alcohol I had drank. I had allowed myself one strawberry & lime cider as a treat, otherwise kept to diet drink & vodka (1 single, 3 doubles), as well as a three shots in rounds I was buying. 929 calories of alcohol alone. Now this kept my daily total under 2,000 and as last check my BMR was about 1,850 (though will have descreased with weight loss).

After I posted on Saturday I went on too do an hour on my Crosstrainer/bike, 10 minutes bike and 50 minutes Xtrainer. So I know I burnt plenty of calories before drinking.

Sunday morning my Wii Fit said I'd put on 9lbs!!!! Obviously I know this cannot be right, so I eat and live as normal Sunday (okay, we had a 2 hour family walk with flask of tomato soup that I shunned - so no lunch), but after my McDs breakfast wrap and my gammon/pineapple/small portion-actifry-frylight roast potatoes/packet of steamed veg (1100 calories for the whole day), Sunday night my Wii Fit got very confused by the fact I was -7lbs by evening.

Went on this morning, down since last evening, but not back to what I was Saturday morning yet. Only had a quick 20 min on Xtrainer as I had to be out early with kids, but I wanted to smash my record and I won't now. I've just been so good with my numbers this week and the increased intake of exercise, it doesn't make sense. 385 calories (1/2 porridge, bacon, sausage) for breakfast this morning and I'm fasting until weigh in tomorrow morning.

Didn't quite fast after breakfast yesterday, allowed myself a mint hifi, three thickesh slices of ham sandwich meat and a handful of grapes - early afternoon.

Weighed in at group this morning, 3.5 loss, that was 15st2.5lbs down to 14st13lbs. So nice to see 14st again, havent seen that since I was 20 odd weeks pregnant with my 3 year old son. Although another person also lost 3.5, 2 people lost 4lbs and one lost 5lbs - I was the sole SOTW, yay! Very happy for everyone and hope those who lost bigger keep up the momentum and get SOTW in the near future.

So I said in group that I want to smash my record of 5lbs weight loss, we're not allowed to pick half numbers, so I said I am aiming to 6lbs off. Secretly, I would like to lose 9lbs, which I did in June 2011 through strict 1200 a day calorie countring and three forty minute sessions on a cross trainer. However, when I lost 9lbs it was my kickstart week of dieting - but I did eat plenty of crap in that 1200 calorie limit so this week I am cutting out carbs, no sweets, no potatoes, rice, bread or starchy veg. I will at least double my exercise. I must get at least the 6lbs I mentioned and really really want the 9lbs so I better show it.

My Mom didn't seem thrilled with the idea and said it was too much, she is a GP, so I won't be too hard on myself if I don't get such a higher number - however, if I did, I would get my 2 1/2 stone and 3 stone award in the session! Potentially SOTW and lesser chance of my first SOTM (which would be a hard feat in January, esp with last weeks measly 1/2 lbs weight loss!). That'd be four awards, it'd be a dream, the only concern is that I wouldn't want it to seem like the Tylar show or to cause resentment in class. However, I will use this ideal as a motivator to keep on track!

Today has started well enough, 40 minutes on my Xtrainer down, and breakfast was as such:

1omy68.jpg

I put two triangles of laughing cow into my scrambled eggs, and ate all chunky bits of my tomato which I normally don't. I feel stuffed, esp. now that I have downed my luke-warm green tea. Still optimistic for the week.

On another note, we're having another taster week at group next week and I keep thinking about what to make for it. I for sure want to do the SW cinammon rolls as I did last time.

Going to get on with some house tidying, walk into town, etc. I want another workout before a late lunch. Dinner will be snackin on healthy stuff as I am out of town for a meeting with the volunteering I do. I will bring my own food and bags of green tea.

xx Ty xx

Having a crisis in myself, randomly teared up. Just a bunch of little things piling up. I feel trapped in my life.

I think I am gonna take it easy today, stick to the food plan but allow myself a cry and recoup, clean my face and carry on.

Last edited:
25p0etl.png

34qs8ib.png

A bit confused with this week. I have been extra good, removed carbs from my diet (just for this week) as much as possible. I have felt more tired than normal because of this, but didn't this let scupper my plans. This morning I am only showing a 1 lbs loss and it's 5 days in. My highest caloric day was 1226 calories and whilst I haven't done as much as the week before dure to lack of energy, I still have used my cross trainer some and kept myself busy in town and at home. I am estimating my weight loss will show as 3lbs on Tuesday, though I foolishly said I would aim for 6. I thought this would be easier as I could have meals out and get 5 off, several meals out and get 4 off. But I eat as above and get 1 off in 5 days, when I've had no chocolate, no crisps, minimum carbs, no tea (other than green) or coffee! No potatoes, rice, pasta or sugary good :/

I really think this is an odd result.

**edit to add that I might mention I was so busy Friday morning it was lunchtime before breakfast and I wasn't too hungry nor motivated to cook so I made a cheese (20kcal) and pepperoni (25kcal) wrap in a slice of ham (36kcal). Was quite chuffed for the enjoyment of 81kcals, though it wasn't the healthiest! I would have snacks of raspberries or healthy plain cooked lean meats to tide me over between two big meals and all was put into calorie count**

Well, night before weigh in... Reduced intake on Monday as usual. I went through my fitness pal to tally up my intake for the week and averaged 860kcals a day for this past week. Only exercised for 100 min though and still only showed a 1 lbs weight loss this morning. I usually drop an extra pound after my post Breakfast Monday fast until after weigh in so 3 is the max I'll lose. Disappointed still as I've cheated and lost more.

Going to have an excess intake day tomorrow to boost me back up and then be as I normally would be after tomorrow. Chinese out with friends Thursday and a meal out on Saturday with the child in care I volunteer to befriend, her choice of venue. Plenty of times to enjoy myself and be 100% otherwise. I'll have lost 10lbs if I'm lucky this month. Better off than on, I suppose!

Well, I lost 3.5lbs this morning. The SotW lost 4.5lbs, however, I did get SotM!! and my 2 1/2 stone award!! Very happy bunny today. :)

Thought I'd add a quick update whilst I wait for a train. I gained 1lb this week, with three top excuses people use when they gain all applicable to me, but I don't excuses so focused on this next week.

Started back at uni this week so no available food to graze on :)

Since last posting 4 weeks ago I have lost 7.5lbs with no gains, and have gotten my 3 stone award. Just thought I'd check in as Ive been more busy on public threads as there seems to be more support on those. I am on track for my target! :D xx

Editted: I lost 3.5lbs today, just to add!

lgy13.jpg

140g red split lentils
red onion, cumin, crushed chillies
tim of tomatoes, 800ml veggie broth
whizzed up with handheld blender
added 240g chickpeas and simmer
Thick and heartwarming

Gonna get on it for April. I am gonna aim for SOTM again, gonna be on the ball. I have been very dismal these past two months, only lost 3lbs in February and 6lbs in March. Not only do I want to get SOTM, I want to beat my biggest month loss to date with is 10.5lbs in January, my only SOTM month thus far. I will get into the 12s before I go to Californa in the second half of May. Bring it on! My soup is really helping!

140g red split lentils
red onion, cumin, crushed chillies
tim of tomatoes, 800ml veggie broth
whizzed up with handheld blender
added 240g chickpeas and simmer
Thick and heartwarming

Serves 4, 230kcals a serving

That soup actually looks amazing :)

I was considering making a soup for tea tonight and now this is definitely on the cards. Good luck with April, you'll do fantastic with a mind-set like that :) x

Back