Couple of questions + support needed

The poet

Hi I was attending meetings until recently when a change in my work schedule cahnged and means I cannot attend any more.

My first question is I was 15 stone 3lb when I joined 3 months ago. I'm aged 49, Male and 6ft tall, I was told I could have 48 pro points a day. I've stuck to this (usually had less and not counted the extra exercise either) and I am now 14 stone, all well and good, but should I now be having less points to help me lose more given the same information.

I seem to have slowed down on the weight loss and someone suggested it might be my body hanging on to fat because I'm not eating enough, I want to lose about another half a stone to reach my target.

The second question was how can I re ignite my desire to lose the weight, I realise this is the million dollar question with no simple answer, but I seem to have hit a plateu, getting bored with eating the same things etc. I'm sure we've all been there so any tips would be gratefully recieved.

thanks in advance.

Im sure your points will drop as mine did when I lost 8lbs my first week but im sure someone on here will be able to calculate it for you.

As for reigniting your desire to lose weight. I find the best way is to find new recipes and plan new food. As they say a change is as good as a rest. Maybe have a look through some of the food diaries on here for ideals

Well done on your weight loss

Hi I was attending meetings until recently when a change in my work schedule cahnged and means I cannot attend any more.

My first question is I was 15 stone 3lb when I joined 3 months ago. I'm aged 49, Male and 6ft tall, I was told I could have 48 pro points a day. I've stuck to this (usually had less and not counted the extra exercise either) and I am now 14 stone, all well and good, but should I now be having less points to help me lose more given the same information.

I seem to have slowed down on the weight loss and someone suggested it might be my body hanging on to fat because I'm not eating enough, I want to lose about another half a stone to reach my target.

The second question was how can I re ignite my desire to lose the weight, I realise this is the million dollar question with no simple answer, but I seem to have hit a plateu, getting bored with eating the same things etc. I'm sure we've all been there so any tips would be gratefully recieved.

thanks in advance.

Hey! I'm confused at your Initial PP Allowance? My App says you should of been on 42 Daily PP plus 49 Weekly PP at your Starting Weight and on 38 Daily PP plus 49 Weekly PP at your Current Weight? So effective you might of 'got away' with 6 extra dailies but I doubt the same would be true for 10 extra dailies! This could account for your slowed down weight loss. X

Thanks for the responses. I was told 48 PP at my initial weight watchers meeting by the way, so I'm not too impressed with them about that. I think I've gotten away with it because I have never been over about 35 daily points and only ever used the extra 49 (never fully either) on two occasions

So I should now be on 38 points a day and the extra allowance remains 49 throughout doesn't it? Do you think my weight loss could have slowed down because I'm not eating enough, I sometimes only have 20 points because I'm vegetarian I eat a lot of fruit and veg which are free. Someone told me that the body can go into starvation mode if you don't eat enough and it hangs on to the fat for energy. My wife thinks I am becoming obsessed :) and that the fact that i'm still losoing around a pound a week is enough and I should just keep on as I am.

That could be the reason, they say you should eat your daily points each day as your body goes into starvation mode. you dont have to use your weeklies if you dont want to. just try and eat the 38pp a day for this week and see how you go hopefully it will get things moving again. good luck

That could be the reason, they say you should eat your daily points each day as your body goes into starvation mode. you dont have to use your weeklies if you dont want to. just try and eat the 38pp a day for this week and see how you go hopefully it will get things moving again. good luck

Good idea I'll give it a go for a week. I find I don't get hungry on the points I'm having though, maybe I can have an extra egg if I have scrambled eggs, use three instead of two and a slice of toast with breakfast or something

Thanks for the responses. I was told 48 PP at my initial weight watchers meeting by the way, so I'm not too impressed with them about that. I think I've gotten away with it because I have never been over about 35 daily points and only ever used the extra 49 (never fully either) on two occasions

So I should now be on 38 points a day and the extra allowance remains 49 throughout doesn't it? Do you think my weight loss could have slowed down because I'm not eating enough, I sometimes only have 20 points because I'm vegetarian I eat a lot of fruit and veg which are free. Someone told me that the body can go into starvation mode if you don't eat enough and it hangs on to the fat for energy. My wife thinks I am becoming obsessed :) and that the fact that i'm still losoing around a pound a week is enough and I should just keep on as I am.

Hey! Many of us (Me Especially!) have a saying on here 'More IS More' as the More as Eat, the More we lose! Try eating your 38 Daily PP every day, no more no less and see how you go, what have you got to lose? Other than the Pounds ;-) Don't worry about the 49 Weeklies, you can deal with those at a later stage. X PS-Im a Fellow Veggie :) x

Will give it a go, definitely. i think being vegetarian helps, it's stuff like tortilla chips and savoury snacks like Bombay mix or peanuts that I miss.

Still got to keep going. I was reading somewhere the other day that fitness levels and weight etc are easier to maintain than change, so I suppose we need to look at this as a lifestyle decision.

Will give it a go, definitely. i think being vegetarian helps, it's stuff like tortilla chips and savoury snacks like Bombay mix or peanuts that I miss.

Still got to keep going. I was reading somewhere the other day that fitness levels and weight etc are easier to maintain than change, so I suppose we need to look at this as a lifestyle decision.

Why don't you have those things? I've not not eaten anything since starting WW, once I ate 52pp in the shape of a Dominos Pizza, had my biggest loss that week! X

Yep with WW no food is off limits! If you want a chocolate bar and you've got the points for it then have it! It really does work. I've lost weight on weeks where I've had chocolate, meals out and a takeaway because I did exercise and was in my PP allowance!

Back