Courgette Fritters!

Laura94B

Gold Member
So I found a recipe for some courgette fritters in the July issue of Good Food, and thought I'd try it out, but have made a few additions...

1 grated courgette
2 eggs
50g plain flour (8 syns)
50ml milk (I use mine as some of my HexA)
3 spring onions, chopped
(I also added some chilli and garlic from the grinder thing I had. If you want, you could add a tiny bit of chilli powder, but whatever you do, make sure it's seasoned well).

Make a well in the flour, add eggs and mix.
Slowly add in the milk.
Add the courgette and onions, mix, and add any seasonings.
Fry in fry light. (I made 16 smallish circles which worked out at 1/2 syn each. Adapt syns to the amount you make)

These are really yummy, and taste sooo much more synful than they are! Also, for those who are looking for an easy way to get in some 1/3 superfree, you can barely taste the courgette :)

The magazine serves it with some sweet chilli sauce, so that's what I did at 1.5 syns per tbsp and I had some king prawns with them too :)

Enjoy!

Laura94B said:
So I found a recipe for some courgette fritters in the July issue of Good Food, and thought I'd try it out, but have made a few additions...

1 grated courgette
2 eggs
50g plain flour (8 syns)
50ml milk (I use mine as some of my HexA)
3 spring onions, chopped
(I also added some chilli and garlic from the grinder thing I had. If you want, you could add a tiny bit of chilli powder, but whatever you do, make sure it's seasoned well).

Make a well in the flour, add eggs and mix.
Slowly add in the milk.
Add the courgette and onions, mix, and add any seasonings.
Fry in fry light. (I made 16 smallish circles which worked out at 1/2 syn each. Adapt syns to the amount you make)

These are really yummy, and taste sooo much more synful than they are! Also, for those who are looking for an easy way to get in some 1/3 superfree, you can barely taste the courgette :)

The magazine serves it with some sweet chilli sauce, so that's what I did at 1.5 syns per tbsp and I had some king prawns with them too :)

Enjoy!

Sound lovely... Just need to find a egg replacement :)

Let me know how you get on with them :) Keldelacoe, have you heard of silken tofu? I have never used it myself, but it apparently works well in pancakes, so if you mix some of that with the milk first before you add it, this might work :) I'm not sure what amounts you'd need, but you can experiment :)

thanks yeah I have been having a google and found there is loads of replacements including tofu to the extent you can even use it for omlettes ..woo hoo . thank you :)

Back