courgette pasta

kittiecat

have seen that a few people on here use cougettes as a substitute for pasta
could anyone let me knowhow you do this, whether u just par boil it then lightly fry or just boil
thanks

Hi I haven't done this yet but there was a thread on this subject within the last few days that I saw, but it may have been on the Healthy Eating bit or somewhere as I like to have a nose around.
I'm sure one way was to thinly slice the courgette then leave it to dry for an hour, then cook. The post didn't explain how to cook it so I was gonna go back and check but looks like I forgot to follow the thread. If I find it I will call back in, but if not I'm sure one of the more experienced atkinsers will be along shortly to reveal all about courgette pasta to us!

I make the ribbons with a potato peeler. Peel all around making long strips but try to avoid the seedy bit in the middle because thats really watery. I steam mine but really really lightly, otherwise they go soggy. Not tried frying in butter but might give that a go if I come back to Atkins! (looking likely as Dukan not having desired effect!).

Hmm, I've never used courgette as pasta, but I do use squah for that

Back