courgettes

You can slice them & steam, cut into batons & use them in a stir fry, but the best way to have them in my opinion is to roast them in the oven. Either slice them or use the baby ones whole, just spray with fry light & sprinkle over some sweetener with your other veg & roast in a hot oven

I like courgettes but not massively so usually use them chopped up in little cubes in omelettes, spag bol, cottage pie etc. They work really well in an omelette with bacon, mushrooms, onions, peppers and a sprinkle of parsley :)

The only thing i do is grate them, squeeze out the water and then add them to sw quiche. Never thought to roast them, sounds nice.

shelly22 said:
Hi this might sound daft but have never cooked courgettes before so can you give me any ideas please?x

I par boil them then put in ovenproof dish cover with total 0% yog sprinkle with cheese and put in oven yummy!

I used to mix sliced and quartered courgettes with mushrooms, onions, peppers, garlic, fried until a bit softer (or any other veg you fancy) . Then mix with tinned tomatoes, dried herbs and cooked pasta. Put it all in the dish and bake in the oven, topped with cheese and also breadcrumbs if you like. Very filling and I have also had it cold the next day.

Hi this might sound daft but have never cooked courgettes before so can you give me any ideas please?x

I slice them and add to roughly chopped onions, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and peppers (doesn't matter what colour, although I like to use yellow ones for the colour contrast). Sprinkle over finely chopped garlic, spray with frylight and roast in the oven for medditerranean vegetables. Can be eaten as is, or add to jacket potato, or as an accompaniment to chops, sausages etc.

Im going to try this hope it works ok
cut in half on tin foil..add some diced garlic onions roast then just before its ready add some soft cheese
serve with pasta or rice

I love courgette!

I grate them into spag bol/chilli/cottage pie.

I roast them sprinkled with salt and serve with spicy chickpea's.

I slice them and dry fry with onion and garlic as a side veg.

I bbq them.

I make coleslaw with grated courgette and thinly sliced pak choi mixed with some light mayo/lemon juice/salt and pepper!

Back