cous cous cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by louisedan, 28 June 2010 Social URL.

1. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    this is the reply I had from SW as to whether the cake was free(as not ground grain) or had to be synned.
    Hi Louise

Many thanks for your email.
    Food Optimising works so well because you gain the greatest satiety from foods – it’s good quality, bulky food that fills you up. When we come to Syn value foods at Slimming World, anything that is used to replace flour (even if it’s not ‘ground’) is counted as Syns. So if you make cakes, bread, biscuits or pastry using any grain, eg, polenta or couscous, we would recommend that you count it as Syns. The Syn value for the couscous would be: 5.5 Syns per 28g dry on Original, Green and Extra Easy.
    However, if you are eating this as an occasional low-Syn snack on Green or Extra Easy and still losing weight then carry on. Should you find that your weight loss slows or stops, you may need to follow our recommendation that you count the couscous as Syns.
    I hope this helps.
    Kind regards

jaylou likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yep, this is the "standard answer", I had the same when I asked the question.

Personally I wouldn't bother with it!!

4. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I haven't tried it but been quite intrigued by it cos of the amount of posts.Still now I know!!LOL x.

5. MazzyStar

MazzyStar Primark here I come!

Start Weight:
    21st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(9.66%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to make this cake years ago when I was a member and I have asked loads of people the recipe (as I have forgotten). I used to eat it loads and still lose weight.
    Erm so anyway, do you know the recipe?

6. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    if you put couscous cake in the search engine at the top of the page and tick the minmins search it gives you loads of options.

7. MazzyStar

MazzyStar Primark here I come!

Start Weight:
    21st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(9.66%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooooh thank you, I'm still learning my way round the site :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.