1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Day Cous Cous Quiche

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by HellieCopter, 20 March 2009 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I have adapted the cous cous cake recipe to make a savoury quiche...

Free on green (depending on your choice of filling)

4oz cous cous
    2 eggs
    half a tub of quark

Fillings to suit your taste. I used:
    2 spring onions
    cherry tomatoes (halved)
    broccoli florets (cut up quite small)
    salt and pepper
    herbs to taste

Put the cous cous into a small bowl or pan and cover with boiling water. Use just enough water to cover it by just a wee bit. Cover with the lid and set aside for 10 mins.

Beat the eggs, mix in the quark til smooth and stir in your filling stuff.
    *optional - stir in 1 HEa of cheese into the mixture.

Stir in the cous cous and place in a microwaveable dish. Cook for 8-10 mins depending on the power of your microwave.

Serve warm or cold. Nice with a big leafy salad.

This was my first attempt at this recipe. Lots of fillings would work in it. It's a nice texture (as long as you like cous cous!) but it does need plenty of flavour otherwise it will be quite bland.
    I only used half a tub of quark as it's what I had in the fridge, however I do think it could take a bit more, 3/4 or even a full tub. You might get a more 'wet' mixture, but probably a more quiche-like texture after cooking.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Princess Sausage

Princess Sausage Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    SW EE
    This sound good, I am going to give it a try, thanks
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.