Couscous cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Poppet12, 23 March 2014 Social URL.

1. Poppet12

Poppet12 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.31%)
    Diet:
    SW EE
    First off, apologies if there's a recipe section this should be in! Im on mobile and can't see anywhere else for it to go! Ive just stumbled across a recipe for couscous cake, and decided to give it a try! Its surprisingly cake like and, with a little tweaking, will be really nice on those days when I reeeally want a pudding. This recipe was to serve two but its quite big!
    4oz couscous
    8oz boiling water
    (soak for 10mins)
    1 egg, 1tbsp sweetener, 100g fat free yoghurt, 2tsp options/highlights, 1/2 tsp baking powder, few drops vanilla essence.
    Mix all together, put in a flan dish and microwave on full for about 8mins.
    I daresay you can chop and change flavours- the original recipe used a mandarin muller and the juice/zest of an orange but I didn't have either in! Anyone else made anything similar?
    Im gonna give the choc orange one a go next time!
    If my maths serves I believe per serving ie half of the above would be about 2syns? For the options and the baking powder..
    Rosie

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hopeful123

Hopeful123 Member

But it's the age old 'using cous cous as a flour substitute so it should be synned' scenario!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.