couscous pancakes help????????

soon2bslimmer77

This morning I made these pancakes

30g cous cous soaked in muller over night then in morning add 2 eggs and sweetner I never blended the couscous to make flour! I had them with super free fruit and some bacon my consultant says it is a tweak is this true I really dont get it!!! she said as you would not normally have couscous as breakfast! grrrr

Fraid so.

SW consider using a free food in a way you would not normally use it, or as a replacement for a synned food (eg cous cous replacing flour in pancakes) to be food abuse & you are supposed to syn the cous cous as you would if you ate it on a red day.

I can't imagine what cous couse would be like soaked in Muller but seem to remember someone else did this and it ends up a bit like 'magic porridge' but saves on the HEb. Other mims previously posted having SW rice pudding for breakfast - to save their HEb for later in the day.
Does that mean they too would be considered food abuse?

I've never heard of using couscous to make pancakes! I think it would probably come under using an item of food in a way not intended :/

Although on a related note I personally don't consider sweet couscous to be food abuse as it is at least a proper recipe (usually contains nuts, dried fruit and icing sugar) and not just a crazy made up SW thing (like magic porridge, smash pizza etc). Same with rice pudding. It's something I cooked long before SW, now I just make it SW friendly.

My general rule of thumb is - would I eat this if I wasn't on a diet? If the answer is no, I don't go there!

I have always understood using something as a flour replacement is not ok. Like grinding chickpeas into flour.

But soaking couscous in yoghurt doesn't seem to be on same level.

What about all the scan bran recipes in that case where u soak in water and turn into cake - that's similar to soaking cous cous and I definatley wouldn't do that normally.

I have always understood using something as a flour replacement is not ok. Like grinding chickpeas into flour.

But soaking couscous in yoghurt doesn't seem to be on same level.

What about all the scan bran recipes in that case where u soak in water and turn into cake - that's similar to soaking cous cous and I definatley wouldn't do that normally.

Soaking them in yogurt isn't the issue-it's the 'making them into pancakes' that is the bit that is classed as food abuse! As you are using the free food in a different way to its original form. HTH

But surely scan bran is not meant to be soaked and turned into cake, yet sw actively promote this. It all seems a bit confusing to me. The way i treat it is to consider it free until it affects my losses and then start counting the syns.

Omg! I was almost sick reading this.

Couscous pancakes?

How do they taste?

I've seen so many random recipes sice joining here. Smah pizza, smash scones, porridge pancakes, couscous cake, couscous pancakes.

Well thanks peeps for trying to make me understand I still don't it seams some food food abuse is ok and some is not! my consultant said the pasta crips are ok if eaten with a salsa of free food so really dont get it even my dad who is a scientist dont get it lol I have contacted sw see what they say!

I can't imagine what cous couse would be like soaked in Muller but seem to remember someone else did this and it ends up a bit like 'magic porridge' but saves on the HEb. Other mims previously posted having SW rice pudding for breakfast - to save their HEb for later in the day.
Does that mean they too would be considered food abuse?

I know someone was told that SW rice pudding in general is considered food abuse. I think if you made sweetened cous cous for breakfast it would be fine. It's the adding eggs & making it into pancakes that's an issue

Well thanks peeps for trying to make me understand I still don't it seams some food food abuse is ok and some is not! my consultant said the pasta crips are ok if eaten with a salsa of free food so really dont get it even my dad who is a scientist dont get it lol I have contacted sw see what they say!

Hmm, the pasta chips have been considered a tweak as long as I've been a member so not at all sure of her reasoning there!

But my consultant said its because I had it for breakfast and you would not normally have it for breakfast aeven though there are heaps and heaps of recipes online for couscous and quinoa porridge and pancakes lol

Our C says using eg smash pizza ( as you would eat toping and smash separate and only count cheese)these pankakes etc is ok as long as using as one of 3 main meals But if you snack on them then you need to SYN them as apparently ppl have been snacking on them eg eating loads of pankakes or even whole pizza during day HeHe (this is a extra meal) is food abuse as only SF egg and yog are free as snacks everything else needs to be synned
Having had this explaination Food abuse dose make sense at last even to the scientists among us

Our C says using eg smash pizza ( as you would eat toping and smash separate and only count cheese)these pankakes etc is ok as long as using as one of 3 main meals But if you snack on them then you need to SYN them as apparently ppl have been snacking on them eg eating loads of pankakes or even whole pizza during day HeHe (this is a extra meal) is food abuse as only SF egg and yog are free as snacks everything else needs to be synned
Having had this explaination Food abuse dose make sense at last even to the scientists among us

That makes more sense to me - although our C says to have cooked chicken legs handy to have as snack - so maybe this is wrong as would be outside a meal? This is quite confusing really isn't it.

That makes more sense to me - although our C says to have cooked chicken legs handy to have as snack - so maybe this is wrong as would be outside a meal? This is quite confusing really isn't it.

Chicken legs are free food whether eat as part of a meal or otherwise! This thread is about food abuse, and using something in a different way to its original use :confused: the only thing SW say about snacking is to TRY and go for superfree first for optimum weightloss x

I don't understand why some tweaks are ok and others not either. Cottage cheese and rice to make SW quiche was still counted as 'free'? :confused:

The reason soaking scan bran isn't counted as food abuse is because you would still count the scan bran as either syns or a healthy extra, you don't soak it to make a cake and then say its free. Whereas that's what your doing with the cous cous pancakes.

My view on food abuse is if its something you wouldn't eat if not on a diet/something not used for what its meant to be used for then its food abuse, so things like cous cous pancakes or cakes, smash pizza ect. But things such as rice pudding, or pitta pizza's are either free food being used how they're supposed to be used or food which you are counting as syns or healthy extra's.

I wonder if quinoa porridge is considered food abuse, I doubt it because you're not changing the "use" of the food. Cous cous soaked in Muller would, presumably, be ok if you just ate it with some fruit - adding eggs and then frying means you are using it as "flour".

I don't think the magic porridge pancakes are quite as "food abusy" because you're using the oats as your HEXB.

Back